How GOoD is Black Fedor??? Jones/Gus better be ready.

najma

Cormier looks like Fedor in his prime, he's a machine. I don't think he could not catch Cain with a brutal uppercut or sth like that. Cain is not that fast and Kongo proved he gets rocked easily.

With that said, he's soon to fight Jones... I mean Gustafsson. But the Jones match-up is more intriguing and prestigious.

Lol he has never faced a top 10 opponent.

Big Foot, Barnett, and Mir were all ranked in various sources as top 10 heavyweights at the time of their bouts. Obviously Mir hasn't fared well in recent bouts, but Barnett and Big Foot are both still top 10 today...and for what it's worth, I believe technically Nelson might be in UFC's top 10 rankings, if you put much stock in those.

However I'm not sure where this idea that Cormier and Cain are on some kind of path towards each other came from. Best of my understanding the only reason DC is down at 205 right now is specifically because he doesn't want to fight his fellow training partner Cain. If he wins one more bout at 205 (he looked incredible at weight, although preferably a credible fighter this time), I absolutely believe he should be next in line for a shot at the gold against either Jones or Teixeira if that fight ever actually happens (how many cards has it been linked to now?).

At this point, I'd give DC a solid chance to beat just about anybody at LHW or HW. Don't know that I'd be comfortable making Fedor comparisons yet, but he is a top notch talent without question.

That fight against Cummings didn't mean anything he had a 94% chance of winning for god's sake.

He was lucky that Evans got injured, I'm not saying he would lose, but dropping down to a weight you previously had problems going to against a veteran like Evans could've been really tricky for him.

In his next fight he's going to be far more relaxed about cutting weight and he'll be more used to his new body, I hope he ends up facing Evans anyway, that would be a good fight.

Cummings was just a sacrificial lamb. And to be quite honest he looked ****ing terrible.

In his 5th pro fight, formerly only having fought guys on 10 fight loss streaks, debuting in the UFC against the Strikeforce HW GP winner and yet landing a good jab and a couple of leg kicks but of course losing you call ****ing terrible?

Cummings was just a sacrificial lamb. And to be quite honest he looked ****ing terrible.

In his 5th pro fight, formerly only having fought guys on 10 fight loss streaks, debuting in the UFC against the Strikeforce HW GP winner and yet landing a good jab and a couple of leg kicks but of course losing you call ****ing terrible?

You do realise that DC was also caught off guard, he was training for one fighter one of the best in that division in fact, yet he got served a guy that he probably never even seen fighting in mma before.

He didn't know what to expect so he had to test the waters first.

Archived