Anthony Pettis Is The Most Overrated Can In The UFC

xfatalstrifex

HE HAS HARDLY BEAT ANYONE NOTEWORTHY IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER!!!!

LOL so he beats ben henderson and cowboy cerrone, big whoop Cowboy is barely on the fringe of the top 10. He also got DESTROYED by clay guida who is not even top 10.

Seriously the hype behind him is ridiculous, people ranking him P4P is ridiculous. He has hardly proven himself against the elite. We all knew he was better then ben "should be "2-4 in the UFC" Henderson so him beating him should not come at a surprise. He has fought 3 top 10 fighters in his career. That is undeserving of P4P rankings. I cant wait for melendez to shove this injury prone tomato cans Sh*t in.

Agreed, though I feel like Melendez is pretty overrated himself.

Melendez is far from overrated, He has the track record of defeating top competition to prove it.

wins over

Thomson X2, Bendo, Kawajiri X2, Guida(who beat pettis handily), Aoki, Sanchez. MUCH MORE PROVEN. And nobody is currently ranking Melendez top 5 P4P

Agreed, though I feel like Melendez is pretty overrated himself.

Melendez is far from overrated, He has the track record of defeating top competition to prove it.

wins over

Thomson X2, Bendo, Kawajiri X2, Guida(who beat pettis handily), Aoki, Sanchez. MUCH MORE PROVEN. And nobody is currently ranking Melendez top 5 P4P

i stopped reading after this ^^^

I think Melendez is going to make him look stupid following this Ultimate Fighter deal. I bet Aldo is pissed, because without limits on his strength and gas tank he most likely would have taken the lightweight belt. This TUF setup had to be a part of the deal to keep Gil in the UFC. I can't say I agree with it, and no one likes it when a belt goes on hold for a year. So is it a good idea to make money probably, is it a good idea to make true fans happy? No.

wow... eat a fat ****...

LOL I love the fan boy hate, no argument to justify why he is ranked so high, just petty insults. Its ok, when blowtime gets steamrolled by melendez the hype train will end, just like bendo.

I doubt he ever gets around to defending his belt seeing as he cant stay healthy

The reason I chose not to provide any actual argumentative data is because it would be pointless.

Pettis has beat Benson Henderson X2 (quite handily), Donald Cerrone, Joe Lauzon, Jeremy Stephens, 2010's Shane Roller, etc. He's fought terrific talent. His 'loss' to Guida is totally bogus. There was no offense mounted Guida. In fact Pettis seemed more active off of his back than Guida was in offensive production.

Now lets look at Gilbert Meledez. Sure the guy has also beat some average competition but come on these guys were all that good.

- Diego Sanchez? come on first off the guy is 2 years past retirement already AND he was dropped and and was seconds away from the fight being all over.

- Josh Thompson? This guy is pretty good but he isn't someone to ride home about. Plus depending on you scored their last fight Melendez record against him is arguably 1-2.

- Jorge Masvidal? who the **** has this guy beat to make it seem like he's a good opponent?

- Shinya Aoki? The natural FW who should probably actually be fighting at BW who has some of the worst striking that actually trains by watching Jonathan Brookins' fight tapes??

- Clay Guida? His 'win' is about as much of a win as clay guida's vs pettis.

Now I believe you are correct in that he should not be included in P4P top 10 because he has not beaten the elite of the elite. At this point though He is rightfully ranked higher than Melendez. Looking at 1 major thing here... Melendez lost to Bendo. Pettis did not. Both fights were very recent.

wow... eat a fat ****...

LOL I love the fan boy hate, no argument to justify why he is ranked so high, just petty insults. Its ok, when blowtime gets steamrolled by melendez the hype train will end, just like bendo.

I doubt he ever gets around to defending his belt seeing as he cant stay healthy

Steamrolled?? I don't know if you noticed, but your boy Gillie fought for 25 mins with Bendo and got decisioned. Showtime made him verbally tap in the first. You are apparently hoping for a 25 minute fight like all those other ones you mentioned about Melendez and how he beat all these so-called great fighters, but he went to decisions with most of them. He couldn't finish Aoki who has some terrible striking. I give no congrats for beating up Kawajiri since half the division would do that. If you think Melendez can end up in a war with the wild looping strikes of Diego Canchez, and then come in and dominate Pettis, you need help.

Get out the plate and the fork, bro. You're eating some turds after this one.

wow... eat a fat ****...

The reason I chose not to provide any actual argumentative data is because it would be pointless.

Pettis has beat Benson Henderson X2 (quite handily), Donald Cerrone, Joe Lauzon, Jeremy Stephens, 2010's Shane Roller, etc. He's fought terrific talent. His 'loss' to Guida is totally bogus. There was no offense mounted Guida. In fact Pettis seemed more active off of his back than Guida was in offensive production.

Now lets look at Gilbert Meledez. Sure the guy has also beat some average competition but come on these guys were all that good.

- Diego Sanchez? come on first off the guy is 2 years past retirement already AND he was dropped and and was seconds away from the fight being all over.

- Josh Thompson? This guy is pretty good but he isn't someone to ride home about. Plus depending on you scored their last fight Melendez record against him is arguably 1-2.

- Jorge Masvidal? who the **** has this guy beat to make it seem like he's a good opponent?

- Shinya Aoki? The natural FW who should probably actually be fighting at BW who has some of the worst striking that actually trains by watching Jonathan Brookins' fight tapes??

Now I believe you are correct in that he should not be included in P4P top 10 because he has not beaten the elite of the elite. At this point though He is rightfully ranked higher than Melendez. Looking at 1 major thing here... Melendez lost to Bendo. Pettis did not. Both fights were very recent.

SHAYNE ROLLER HAHAHAHAHHA

JOE LAUZON HAHAHAHAHA

you seriously need to get your head checked calling them legit competition. Roller is 1-4 in his last 5, and Joe Lauzon is barely a .500 fighter in the UFC. Dude loses to the likes of sam stout, george CANaropolis, and michael johnson and you call him legit?

Only a retarded pettis fanboy calls shayne roller and joe lauzon legit competition than says josh thomson, diego sanchez, shinya aoki is average.

Call that loss to guida bogus, everyone scored that fight in guidas favor including blowtimes own corner. Real bogus.

wow... eat a fat ****...

Steamrolled?? I don't know if you noticed, but your boy Gillie fought for 25 mins with Bendo and got decisioned. Showtime made him verbally tap in the first. You are apparently hoping for a 25 minute fight like all those other ones you mentioned about Melendez and how he beat all these so-called great fighters, but he went to decisions with most of them. He couldn't finish Aoki who has some terrible striking. I give no congrats for beating up Kawajiri since half the division would do that. If you think Melendez can end up in a war with the wild looping strikes of Diego Canchez, and then come in and dominate Pettis, you need help.

he doesnt need to strike with pettis, melendez will take him down with ease every round

lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1662.gif

What is that show?

I used to watch it when i was a youth

Dinosaurs.

wow... eat a fat ****...

he doesnt need to strike with pettis, melendez will take him down with ease every round

Ah ha! So you're hoping for a hugfest?! Come on man. We both know he won't finish Pettis on the ground. That's a poopy W if you ask me

wow... eat a fat ****...

SHAYNE ROLLER HAHAHAHAHHA

JOE LAUZON HAHAHAHAHA

you seriously need to get your head checked calling them legit competition. Roller is 1-4 in his last 5, and Joe Lauzon is barely a .500 fighter in the UFC. Dude loses to the likes of sam stout, george CANaropolis, and michael johnson and you call him legit?

Only a retarded pettis fanboy calls shayne roller and joe lauzon legit competition than says josh thomson, diego sanchez, shinya aoki is average.

Call that loss to guida bogus, everyone scored that fight in guidas favor including blowtimes own corner. Real bogus.

see this is exactly why I left my original comment.

I said 2010's shane roller dumb ****. he's gone now.

Joe Lauzon is more legit than 80% of the fighters Melendez has ducked.

Yes that loss to guida is bogus.

Well there goes the 3 points you made. Did you just disregard all other points I made?

you know what **** it. don't respond to this. You're a ****. eat a fat ****.

(fyi not a fanboy of pettis not even really a fan of his but I'm not blind by obvious love of man meat for Melendez...)

LOL so he beats ben henderson and cowboy cerrone, big whoop Cowboy is barely on the fringe of the top 10. He also got DESTROYED by clay guida who is not even top 10.

Seriously the hype behind him is ridiculous, people ranking him P4P is ridiculous. He has hardly proven himself against the elite. We all knew he was better then ben "should be "2-4 in the UFC" Henderson so him beating him should not come at a surprise. He has fought 3 top 10 fighters in his career. That is undeserving of P4P rankings. I cant wait for melendez to shove this injury prone tomato cans Sh*t in.

Mods please perma ban this uneducated guida fan........Talk about being a can lol........

Mods please perma ban this uneducated guida fan........Talk about being a can lol........

I cant stand guida, thats why I know pettis is a can.

Forever a Jake Shields and DHK Fan.

No such thing as a Guida fan.

Dude, I live by a bunch of people that used to train with Clay Guida. I didn't know it til I was going on and on about how big of a can he is and everybody at this party got super rustled. LOL... evidently people actually do cheer for that guy. Watch the Hioki fight in Chicago. The fans were actually cheering for the usual dance around and do nothing routine he pulls lately. I still say Hioki won.

Dude, I live by a bunch of people that used to train with Clay Guida. I didn't know it til I was going on and on about how big of a can he is and everybody at this party got super rustled. LOL... evidently people actually do cheer for that guy. Watch the Hioki fight in Chicago. The fans were actually cheering for the usual dance around and do nothing routine he pulls lately. I still say Hioki won.

lol when he went against Mendez in Milwaukee at the weign-ins while I was getting some beer I ran into his dad and one of his cousins and I told them that he was in for a tuff fight and they didn't take it to well. I would loved to see there reactions when he got KTFO lol.......

lol when he went against Mendez in Milwaukee at the weign-ins while I was getting some beer I ran into his dad and one of his cousins and I told them that he was in for a tuff fight and they didn't take it to well. I would loved to see there reactions when he got KTFO lol.......

NOOO! LOL

I was right in front of his dad for the weigh-ins! Straight up comedy. Me and my boy both hate that dude. We were all prepared to boo the hell out of him because we're both relatively large humans so we didn't care who didn't like it. But then we punked out when somebody told us his mom, dad, and family were right behind us. I couldn't go hard on him right in front of his family. Then he got his **** kicked and all was well. Haha

wow... eat a fat ****...

he doesnt need to strike with pettis, melendez will take him down with ease and then get submitted

I completely agree.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think many MMA hardcore fans are saying he's one of the GOATs or anything. The way our society is now is that everyone goes nuts over the newest thing. Pettis looked AWESOME against Cerrone, and then he finished Bendo who is definitely legit. The issue with the wins over Bendo is that Bendo was never seen as an unstoppable champ or someone who is top 5 p4p so it's not like those wins all of a sudden make him unbeatable. I think the talk of him against Aldo is a bit ridiculous and is way too soon. At this point I really don't see how he beats Aldo, especially due to the fact that he's still relatively new on the scene to fighting elite fighters

So Pettis lost his first match in the UFC in 2011...big deal. He has clearly gotten better. For any to argue, the way he beat Henderson, Cerrone and Lauzon wasn't impressive, have no clue of what their talking about.

Even though Melendez has heart, he won't stand with Pettis for long. He will take him down and eventually get submitted.

Archived