GSP Walked Away Due to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

xFINISHxHIMx

As someone with OCD, I sympathize with him genuinely.

It just goes to show you, to be the very best in the world you need to train to a level which can even be unhealthy. It makes me think not to be so harsh on fighters who lose a few fights. They are fighting the best people on planet earth, you gotta cut them some slack if they don't win every match.

Comes down to being a true fan...won't just root for the champs...will stick with my favorite fighters even after they lose

The Truth is you aren't a true champion, if you can't handle the pressure.
You're an arrogant turd.

GSP has been handling pressure for 7 years. Blee dat.

Anyway, this is not about pressure. It's about self-imposed pressure as in AMBITION. Don't confuse the two.

The Truth is you aren't a true champion, if you can't handle the pressure.
You're an arrogant turd.

GSP has been handling pressure for 7 years. Blee dat.

Anyway, this is not about pressure. It's about self-imposed pressure as in AMBITION. Don't confuse the two.

WRONG It's all about Johnny kicked his **** and he's afraid to lose his title and his legazeee

Clearly some people still don't understand the pressure that GSP had. Yes every champ has his pressure but it was different for GSP, he was the leading athlete for the whole of Canada and he couldn't go anywhere without being noticed. Canadians would look at him as if he was a god, nobody can keep up with that amount of pressure. He handled it very well but it was his time to take a break.

Yes he lost the fight to Hendricks, there is no doubt about that, I think Georges himself believes that he lost; but that doesn't change the fact that he was on top of his weight class for 7+ years while having a whole country expect him to fight against the worlds best contenders and grow as a fighter at the same time.

Towards the end of his career I do agree that he was fighting not to lose but you can never take away the fact that he dominated a well stacked division for many years. Nobody else at 170lbs could do that right now. Give him some respect for his accomplishments.

The actual reasons for him vacating the belt have less to do with pressure, OCD, doping, criticism, or that of taking a beating. They are factors, but the real reason is that of reoccurring lapses of time missing from his memory. But he can't openly state this without feeding the jeers and tabloid remarks of him being abducted by aliens.

These recent interviews (and excuses) are simply damage control for what he let slip-out on the Joe Rogan Experience...which was a mistake. Rogan is not the independent free thinker that he once was. When it comes to certain topics, his opinion is bought and paid for by the UFC and the corporate owned media. The very next day (after the Hendricks fight) Rogan was on the Opie & Anthony Show pulling his supposed good friend Georges through a meat grinder, with accusations of brain damage and snickering remarks of alien abduction.

He'll be back though. No sports champion walks away in their prime without eventually succumbing to the desire of recapturing the glory of their success: Ali, Foreman, Schumaker, Lemieux, Jordan, Sanders, etc. They all came back...and so will Georges.

Clearly some people still don't understand the pressure that GSP had. Yes every champ has his pressure but it was different for GSP, he was the leading athlete for the whole of Canada and he couldn't go anywhere without being noticed. Canadians would look at him as if he was a god, nobody can keep up with that amount of pressure. He handled it very well but it was his time to take a break.

Yes he lost the fight to Hendricks, there is no doubt about that, I think Georges himself believes that he lost; but that doesn't change the fact that he was on top of his weight class for 7+ years while having a whole country expect him to fight against the worlds best contenders and grow as a fighter at the same time.

Towards the end of his career I do agree that he was fighting not to lose but you can never take away the fact that he dominated a well stacked division for many years. Nobody else at 170lbs could do that right now. Give him some respect for his accomplishments.

<ahttp://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq255/lukeslowalker/164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif/>

<ahttp://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq255/lukeslowalker/ac394d52_kobewat2.gif/>

<ahttp://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1375735945_black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif/>

<ahttp://sanjosebarstool.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/black-dude-laugh-o.gif/>

Post laughing Gifs all you want, that wont change the fact that he only lost to Hendricks during his reign. Even if his other fights where all LnP decisions, nobody else could stop him blanketing them.

Thanks, I will

Yeah man its really "amazing" and "p4p" to squeak by on gifted decisions and L&P

And the only "reign" he had was making the WW title picture lame as **** for years

Archived