Hair loss. Going bald.

Tahune

Im 30 and have a good thick head of hair, but I have an older brother who is 36 who is thinning and starting to grey.

Im still in complete denial it will ever happen to me because my dad still has plenty and my brother just drew the short straw, BUT if I ever start to thin that leaves two choices, get out the clippers and make it official or alternatively

Beard-Comb-Over1.jpg

My mother's side of the family all tend to have thinning hair on top, my dad's side the men are all completely bald on top. However my father is nearing 60 and has a head full of hair, only thinning in the back. Truthfully, I am not too worried about it. I've always had very thick and wavy hair, and while I enjoy it, I have periodically shaved my head (originally as a child for swimming, now as an adult just to mix it up). I don't mind the shaved head look at all, as I have a fairly smooth cranium minus a slight exaggerated coronal suture.

The more baffling aspect of hair for me lately has been it's change in color. I have always been a very light blonde, but in the last year or so I've seen a lot of brown and red hairs start to come in. I have enjoyed being a "toe head" and have no interest in becoming a redhead or trade in my goldy locks for brown. I think I would rather just skip it all and go to grey/white. One of my grandfathers had a very deep grey color to his hair, while the other was snow white - and I remember as a kid thinking how distinguished they looked.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've always been of the opinion, it's not your features, it's if you chose to embrace them or try and hide away from them. If you go bald, embrace it, and make it work for your appearance, don't try and cover it up with a "rug" or do those come overs.

I alternate between growing my hair long (i'e shoulder length) then shaving it off all off to a number 1. given my genetics I should of already seen the day when it doesn't come back "quite right". It hasn't happened yet though but when it does happen I'm not gonna have a problem with the clippers at all. I was rocking the romper stomper at about age twelve lol

I'm 30 and have a full head of thick hair. I'm growing it out long again since the wife loved it so much. No males in my family have gone bald or had thinning hair, but I have shaved my head as often as I have let it grow, so I would have no problem doing it again.

women eh. the things we do for those fukcers.

I'm 30 and have a full head of thick hair. I'm growing it out long again since the wife loved it so much. No males in my family have gone bald or had thinning hair, but I have shaved my head as often as I have let it grow, so I would have no problem doing it again.

Yep, if they didnt have a box we would throw rocks at them...

I started going grey at 16, so 17 yrs ago, but it doesnt really phase me... that said, I shave my head with a razor so I suppose it negates it, in the whole time I have been with my Mrs, even knowing her she has never seen me with hair, some 18 years all up. I wish I was bald, it would save me time shaving, lol.

Leiting, those ginger pricks showing up randomly are just greys on the way. I can deal with the platinum highlights, but the ranga was a bitter pill to swallow, and i have dark hair but them bastards still stand out like donkeys balls.

Yep, if they didnt have a box we would throw rocks at them...

I started going grey at 16, so 17 yrs ago, but it doesnt really phase me... that said, I shave my head with a razor so I suppose it negates it, in the whole time I have been with my Mrs, even knowing her she has never seen me with hair, some 18 years all up. I wish I was bald, it would save me time shaving, lol.

Leiting, those ginger pricks showing up randomly are just greys on the way. I can deal with the platinum highlights, but the ranga was a bitter pill to swallow, and i have dark hair but them bastards still stand out like donkeys balls.

this is such an Aussie post.

Yes, I've been balding since I was 20. Now there isn't anything worth growing on top so I just keep my head shaven with a razor. As long as you dont have a funny shaped head, you can pull it off. Most people who shave their heads grow facial hair to offset the contrast of the bald head. I usually rotate between a full beard and a moustache with goatee combo depending upon how lazy I am.

As for it bothering me, nah. Genetics are genetics. It is what it is. That would be like me worrying about being tall, or having blue eyes. It's mostly out of your control. Plus it saves time on morning hygiene.

Yes, I've been balding since I was 20. Now there isn't anything worth growing on top so I just keep my head shaven with a razor. As long as you dont have a funny shaped head, you can pull it off. Most people who shave their heads grow facial hair to offset the contrast of the bald head. I usually rotate between a full beard and a moustache with goatee combo depending upon how lazy I am.

As for it bothering me, nah. Genetics are genetics. It is what it is. That would be like me worrying about being tall, or having blue eyes. It's mostly out of your control. Plus it saves time on morning hygiene.

This explains your hate for my good looks. Im starting to get it now.

I don't "hate" anything about you. That would indicate you're important and takes effort. I just think you look like a ****nozzle.

Still have a full head of hair, I keep it really short so it wouldn't really bother me if I started losing it.

Long hair is for girls and tranny's.

I have long hair half way down my back, and it's half grey. I grew up in the 60's and 70's, when only freaks and serial killers had shaved heads, and the guys who were going bald all wore hats.

Still have a full head of hair, I keep it really short so it wouldn't really bother me if I started losing it.

I have long hair half way down my back, and it's half grey. I grew up in the 60's and 70's, when only freaks and serial killers had shaved heads, and the guys who were going bald all wore hats.

It makes sense. The 60's were the beginning of the effeminate male in the US.

lmao you sound like a pedo

I don't "hate" anything about you. That would indicate you're important and takes effort. I just think you look like a ****nozzle.

You jelly?

You jelly?

Nope!

It makes sense. The 60's were the beginning of the effeminate male in the US.

Americans started losing their masculinity when they quit standing and banging, and started grappling and laying on each other.

Must be why you make a 6 digit salary waiting tables.

Must be why you make a 6 digit salary waiting tables.

Its common knowledge that good looking people get afforded more luxuries. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

gave zero ****s about my hair growing up, late teens early twenties then Bam. receded like a mofo now have to shave it. I keep it at a zero or shorter when I cbf. don't have a weird shapes head but I tend to rock hats a lot just to keep it warm if it's cold or sun protected if it's hot. Thinning out is a struggle to go through but in the end you just have to embrace it. There's a certain relief & feeling of freedom when you finally get the clippers out.

Whoever is sitting on the technology to regrow hair is a **** for not selling it. It's there 100%

Rogain is an option but that **** has like a 1 in 6 chance of melting your libido permanently and I'm not willing to go against those odds. As long as your A game is tight and you're confident it doesn't mean **** what hairstyle you have really. (either that's troof or I've convinced myself to believe it)

gave zero ****s about my hair growing up, late teens early twenties then Bam. receded like a mofo now have to shave it. I keep it at a zero or shorter when I cbf. don't have a weird shapes head but I tend to rock hats a lot just to keep it warm if it's cold or sun protected if it's hot. Thinning out is a struggle to go through but in the end you just have to embrace it. There's a certain relief & feeling of freedom when you finally get the clippers out.

Whoever is sitting on the technology to regrow hair is a **** for not selling it. It's there 100%

Rogain is an option but that **** has like a 1 in 6 chance of melting your libido permanently and I'm not willing to go against those odds. As long as your A game is tight and you're confident it doesn't mean **** what hairstyle you have really. (either that's troof or I've convinced myself to believe it)

Just wear a toupee.

Just wear a toupee.

I'll wear your mums box as a face toupee

Archived