Belfort denies voluntary UFC 173 withdrawal, says he's fighting Weidman-Machida winner

megaman

Need some time to cycle off mayne

I get that, but why is he saying that it wasn't his decision?

If it wasn't his decision than what is he implying? That the UFC told him he couldn't fight?

It's pretty obvious...there's some behind the scenes stuff with all this and there's probably some rule we haven't heard about that says you can't fight in a title fight if you've been on TRT in the last 6 months.

People just assume things way too quickly before all the information is in. I'm glad to hear we still may get Weidman/Vitor

If anything, this could even be a bigger fight because Weidman adding a win over Machida ups his stock that much more

Keep saying it and I'm no expert on trt but from what I've heard Rogan say you need quite a lot of time and therapy for your body to start producing testosterone on it's own after using TRT for a long time, that's why he's so against young fighters doing it coz if they don't make it they'll be left with the effects for a long time and to get off it is tough. I'm guessing he wouldn't be medically cleared to fight even by may.

Not only is Vitor possibly the biggest cheat in the history of MMA, he's also a terrible liar. A pretty bad combination in the end I'd say.

Agree. When he comes back, he should have to rematch a few folks clean. Let Rockhold beat the piss out of him for his first fight back.

Archived