Sign in to follow this  
Whipsnap

Nordine Taleb will now also appear on TUF 19. Wtf?!

Nordine Taleb who was on TUF Nations: Canada vs Australia, will also compete on TUF 19. Why the hell are they giving him two shots at it? I know he got injured during his fight with Tyler Manawaroa but why are the UFC wasting a slot by putting in a fighter thats already gone through 6 weeks of the show? Makes no sense to me. Especially since he was one of Canada most popular fighters outside of the UFC. Why not just offer him a 2-3 fight contract.

• Like 1

GSP was just on tonight's episode of TUF Nations, and he was talking about the Hendricks fight, which means that they taped TUF Nations sometime in November, so I think they actually taped TUF 19 first, which means they're not wasting a TUF 19 slot on someone who already went through the show, because he hadn't gone through the show at the time.

GSP was just on tonight's episode of TUF Nations, and he was talking about the Hendricks fight, which means that they taped TUF Nations sometime in November, so I think they actually taped TUF 19 first, which means they're not wasting a TUF 19 slot on someone who already went through the show, because he hadn't gone through the show at the time.

so then we know he dioesnt win TUF 19

Yes, that would be a pretty safe bet, especially since he's fighting at the TUF Nations finale.

The UFC are dumb idiots. lets let some guy who couldn't win either TUF shows STILL have a shot in the ufc.

I'm wondering if he wins his fight to get into the house on TUF 19, but something happens that prevents him from continuing in the competition, and that's why he got the TUF Nations slot.

I think they've just blown through the talent pool for TUF. They've been scraping the bottom for five years now it seems. Sure, the TUF contract is a lot better than a newbie would otherwise get with any other promotion, but the chances of winning it are slim and nobody wants to go through the experience of living in the TUF house with a bunch of reprobates. With other opportunities in the minors (WSOF, Bellator, OneFC), TUF probably isn't as attractive as it once was, at least to top talent.

I think they've just blown through the talent pool for TUF. They've been scraping the bottom for five years now it seems. Sure, the TUF contract is a lot better than a newbie would otherwise get with any other promotion, but the chances of winning it are slim and nobody wants to go through the experience of living in the TUF house with a bunch of reprobates. With other opportunities in the minors (WSOF, Bellator, OneFC), TUF probably isn't as attractive as it once was, at least to top talent.

definitely, but I think that's also because they keep doing LW, WW, and MW. I understand that's a more average weightclass and they can get more fighters but any other division would be much better and they usually get a lot better talent.

But even though it's gonna be hard to watch with some of the girl drama, TUF 20 has to be arguably the most talent rich TUF we've ever seen so that should be a good watch, plus the coaching teams will hate eachother which should allow for some great TV, I have a similar feeling it will be like TUF 14 which I thought was one of the most underrated seasons. A first time weight class, good coaching rivalry, and god fighters.

Crazy that two fighters from TUF 14 have gotten title shots now (Dodson, Dillashaw soon)

• Like 1

You make a good point. The new or underpopulated weight classes should be the focus of future TUFs, not welterweight like they do every other season. I'd like another heavyweight season, even if it means guys trying to catch their breath midway through the first round. TUF 14 (not including TUF with the wimmen folk) was the last season with real contenders. Before that, when was the last time TUF produced a contender?

The contenders on this new season look pretty good. I hope TUF 21 will be Flyweights and Featherweights, need to add to the 125 division desperately.

• Like 1