IM SO CONFUSED ?? OH MY !!

CaptinsaneO

Is this LH title fight going to be as lopsided as the Vegas odds makers seem to think it is?? Ive heard Rogan tell me at least a 1000 times what a KILLER !! GT is and what a great fight this should be. Is that strictly rogan being Dana Whites boy and doing his part to sell the fight or what?? I tend to believe the odds makers and I really don't want to as I would enjoy nothing more than JJ getting his azz knocked completely OUT!! even if its a Brazilian. Whats the str8 skinny on this fight? and no bs please.

The extremely simple way to look at how book makers create their odds is based on them wanting to make a profit. The guy who sets the odds knows how good Jon Jones is. He also knows how popular he is as Jon Jones is also a house hold name among the MMA community. For those who bet, a large majority of people will bet on Jones to win. That being said, why on earth would a bookie set the odds low where its in favor of the person who is betting especially when he knows people will bet on Jones to win. In turn he sets the underdog (Teixeira) to like +600 to entice people to bet on the underdog. It's pretty much pointless to bet on a massive favorite. Its too risky, especially in MMA when its hard as hell to handicap a fight where one punch can win it. Annnnd thats where the prop bets come in.. haha! To answer your question, i personally think the fight will be competitive based on my own opinion and not based on bookie odds. Thoughts @cashflow247‌?

Is this LH title fight going to be as lopsided as the Vegas odds makers seem to think it is?? Ive heard Rogan tell me at least a 1000 times what a KILLER !! GT is and what a great fight this should be. Is that strictly rogan being Dana Whites boy and doing his part to sell the fight or what?? I tend to believe the odds makers and I really don't want to as I would enjoy nothing more than JJ getting his azz knocked completely OUT!! even if its a Brazilian. Whats the str8 skinny on this fight? and no bs please.

Glover is dangerous with his punching. He can KO/TKO Jon for sure but he is a bit flat footed, a little slow outside and limited in his arsenal. He may be able to take Jon down and he's definitely dangerous on top with GnP & his jitz is very good. He's also tough as nails.

However chances are Jones ability to control distance with his reach especially his kicks along with his his wrestling, GnP, agility, athleticism, cardio may be a bit much for the plodding sort of predictable Glover.

Either way it shouldn't be an easy fight for either of them. That being said it will probably end quickly having said that lol, i just hope it's Glover that finishes it.

The extremely simple way to look at how book makers create their odds is based on them wanting to make a profit. The guy who sets the odds knows how good Jon Jones is. He also knows how popular he is as Jon Jones is also a house hold name among the MMA community. For those who bet, a large majority of people will bet on Jones to win. That being said, why on earth would a bookie set the odds low where its in favor of the person who is betting especially when he knows people will bet on Jones to win. In turn he sets the underdog (Teixeira) to like +600 to entice people to bet on the underdog. It's pretty much pointless to bet on a massive favorite. Its too risky, especially in MMA when its hard as hell to handicap a fight where one punch can win it. Annnnd thats where the prop bets come in.. haha! To answer your question, i personally think the fight will be competitive based on my own opinion and not based on bookie odds. Thoughts @cashflow247‌?

Well said, my friend. It's all about the odds. It's on you to know whether he deserves those odds and whether or not they're worth going in on. For instance, Floyd Mayweather is going to assault Marcos Maidana. Thus his -1100 line is worth throwing in parlays, because it's virtually free money.

Jon Jones at -600 is a little bit of a stretch. Realistically, Glover is 34 years old(and old by most sports standards) but Jones has made a living off of fighting guys that are in their late thirties. I.E. Rampage, Chael, Vitor. Glover did almost lost to Ryan Bader and didn't look too impressive against Rampage. However, Gustafsson was a huge underdog, as well. He certainly didn't pan out to deserve his +500 status.

I would pick Jon Jones to win the fight, and in the same breath, I would tell you to bet on Glover Teixeira.

Glover can finish anyone with one punch and with one sub hold.

Jones is faster and younger he has gone four or five rounds four times and IMO he can KO Glover in the later rounds where Glover seems to dwindle.

Glover is known as a cardio freak you uneducated fool.

Well said, my friend. It's all about the odds. It's on you to know whether he deserves those odds and whether or not they're worth going in on. For instance, Floyd Mayweather is going to assault Marcos Maidana. Thus his -1100 line is worth throwing in parlays, because it's virtually free money.

Jon Jones at -600 is a little bit of a stretch. Realistically, Glover is 34 years old(and old by most sports standards) but Jones has made a living off of fighting guys that are in their late thirties. I.E. Rampage, Chael, Vitor. Glover did almost lost to Ryan Bader and didn't look too impressive against Rampage. However, Gustafsson was a huge underdog, as well. He certainly didn't pan out to deserve his +500 status.

I would pick Jon Jones to win the fight, and in the same breath, I would tell you to bet on Glover Teixeira.

The betting odds have nothing to do with how they think the fight will go. Anyway, just compare Jones vs Rampage to Slover vs Rampage.

There is a video of Glover throwing barrels of hay for 22 minutes straight!

That **** is br00tal mayne, if Jon Jones did that he would pass out and I don't even know if he would wake up!!

Link?

LMAO. Tell me you didnt think he was srs

I was srs

I'll find the link

That **** is br00tal mayne, if Jon Jones did that he would pass out and I don't even know if he would wake up!!

Link?

Lol i actually did. John Hackleman has them doing some strange chit for training.

Link?

Lol i actually did. John Hackleman has them doing some strange chit for training.

I remember an interview back when Liddell was champ saying Hackleman had him running wheelbarrows full of rocks up hills and ****.

Link?

I remember an interview back when Liddell was champ saying Hackleman had him running wheelbarrows full of rocks up hills and ****.

Yep i remember that interview too. Weighted wheelbarrows uphill is already serious killer conditioning but with rocks and having that unsteady weight can simulate a fight better cause you're always trying to stabilize it and fighting with balance. You see a lot of S&C stuff with bars having heavy chains to destabilize the weight and make it more of a challlenge & stuff like balancing on boards or bosu ball or heavy bands etc.

Makes sense but all that crossfit type chit can also be pretty dangerous and injury risky.

The betting odds have nothing to do with how they think the fight will go. Anyway, just compare Jones vs Rampage to Slover vs Rampage.

Where did you see me say that they have the odds set to who will win? Re-read you illiterate fool. I promise you, you will not teach me a single thing about Vegas gambling.

Jones is faster and younger he has gone four or five rounds four times and IMO he can KO Glover in the later rounds where Glover seems to dwindle.

He might be known has one, but in the Page fight he looked really tired.

That's because he spent 15 minutes just absolutely destroying Rampage, it takes it out of you

That's because he spent 15 minutes just absolutely destroying Rampage, it takes it out of you

Jones also destroyed Page for 3 rounds and looked fresh, so much so he finished him in the 4th.

Where did you see me say that they have the odds set to who will win? Re-read you illiterate fool. I promise you, you will not teach me a single thing about Vegas gambling.

Your thread that I quoted was all about factors that you thought would influence the betting odds. You were completely wrong. Glover's age? Glover's performance against Bader? Keep teaching me! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

@classicboxer, you're an idiot. JChristian explained why the odds are the way that they are, and I answered the original post.

Now I see why everyone talks to you like you're retarded. Guess I'll join the club.

Ouch! Like I said, keep schooling me on how they set the betting lines. Hahahahaha!

No point in teaching someone that evidently hasn't learned much in the last couple decades with that illiteracy you're working with.

So much like all of the races and sporting event you participate in, you win again! Cross that finish line and grab that trophy.

retard2_zps4f28be08.jpg

@classicboxer, you're an idiot. JChristian explained why the odds are the way that they are, and I answered the original post.

Now I see why everyone talks to you like you're retarded. Guess I'll join the club.

Ouch! Like I said, keep schooling me on how they set the betting lines. Hahahahaha!

@classicboxer‌ read the original question. the person asking the question thinks the betting odds have something to do with how the fight will turn out. Which it doesn't. When answering the question, its based on our opinion of what we think is important. Obviously we were trying to explain to the person that the betting odds have nothing to do with how the fight will turn out. Which as well all know, doesn't. Then we answered the question.

Now everyone put their junk away because I have the BIGGEST PACKAGE and my dad can beat your dad! Boom.

@classicboxer‌ read the original question. the person asking the question thinks the betting odds have something to do with how the fight will turn out. Which it doesn't. When answering the question, its based on our opinion of what we think is important. Obviously we were trying to explain to the person that the betting odds have nothing to do with how the fight will turn out. Which as well all know, doesn't. Then we answered the question.

Now everyone put their junk away because I have the BIGGEST PACKAGE and my dad can beat your dad! Boom.

I never said I disagreed with you. Your post was very good, in my opinion. The other guy wrote this paragraph:

"Jones at -600 is a little bit of a stretch. Realistically, Glover is 34 years old (and old by most sports standards) but Jones has made a living off fighting guys that are in their late 30's. IE Rampage, Chael, Vitor. Glover did almost lost (sic) to Ryan Bader and didn't look too impressive against Rampage." My take on that paragraph is that he was trying to support the first sentence of that paragraph with what followed the first sentence. In that context, he was saying the odds were based on Glover's age, and his performance against Bader.

well Teixeira's got a sick finish rate and since Jones' standup is as sloppy as it gets, and his sub defense's his weakness, well... I would say the matchup doesn't really play in his favor.

Like most wrestlers Jones is subpar in other areas of his game but his crazy reach has proven to largely compensate his lack of crisp striking most of the time.. And while his sub defense isn't the best his top game is so dangerous that it doesn't leave guys with a lot of time to manage once they're under him..

So that's a tough one to call but if I were you I would take this forum's opinion lightly since of course Jones is hated around here and Teixeira is one more UFC outsider coming in as a savior to the haters. Looking at his record you can tell the guy's talented and has piled a couple decent wins recently but has spent most of his career crushing non top-10-15 fighters. That's a scenario we've seen times and times again here and I can't remember once where the idolized outsider ended up putting his hands on the belt...

except maybe in lighter weight classes which I don't follow at all...

well Teixeira's got a sick finish rate and since Jones' standup is as sloppy as it gets, and his sub defense's his weakness, well... I would say the matchup doesn't really play in his favor.

Like most wrestlers Jones is subpar in other areas of his game but his crazy reach has proven to largely compensate his lack of crisp striking most of the time.. And while his sub defense isn't the best his top game is so dangerous that it doesn't leave guys with a lot of time to manage once they're under him..

So that's a tough one to call but if I were you I would take this forum's opinion lightly since of course Jones is hated around here and Teixeira is one more UFC outsider coming in as a savior to the haters. Looking at his record you can tell the guy's talented and has piled a couple decent wins recently but has spent most of his career crushing non top-10-15 fighters. That's a scenario we've seen times and times again here and I can't remember once where the idolized outsider ended up putting his hands on the belt...

Jones' sub defense is so bad that he has never been submitted.

Jones' sub defense is so bad that he has never been submitted.

I'm going by his words here.

As I said. his top game is so dangerous that he doesn't leave much time to set up a sub. A good offense is sometimes the best defense. He still leaves his limbs hanging out there.

Archived