Gamblers Prediction League - Season 1 champion: McMod

Spartacus__

This is the real deal. True MMA elitists must be rewarded for knowing when to pull for the underdogs, and that's the purpose of this league. Enough with the safe bets.

If 10 people pick A to win and 20 people pick B to win.

If A wins, they'll get 20 points each.

If B wins, they'll get 10 points each.

This is the inaugural season of the Gamblers and it'll come to an end with UFC 175.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rules

- Pick the Main Card winners

- You can change your picks once, before the Prelims start (or before the Main Card start, if I'm here to validate).

- Do not edit your posts. If you want to change it, make another post and announce you're changing your picks.

- This is a 10-card season.

Ranking

gamblers_final.png

Hall Of Fame

McMax3000: UFC 172, UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs Stephens

bigdw35: UFC 173

Za1994: UFC 173

Polo: May 31, UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs Marquardt, UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs Stephens, UFC 175

Jalamin: UFC 174

Wanderlei_Rua: UFC 174

lapo: UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs Marquardt

MIRKO_CRO_GOD: UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs Stephens

Juice64011: UFC 175

Jalamin: For giving back 2 points I had wrong

Jchristian: For giving back 7 points I had wrong

Hall Of Shame

Cole1186: UFC Fight Night: Brown vs Silva

Spartacus__: UFC 174

amunera: UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs Marquardt

ZaGOAT: UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs Marquardt

Previous events

TUF 19 Finale

Frankie Edgar (+6) vs. B.J. Penn (+12)

Corey Anderson (+6) vs. Matt Van Buren (+12)

Eddie Gordon (+15) vs. Dhiego Lima (+3)

Guto Inocente (+12) vs. Derrick Lewis (+6)

Dustin Ortiz (+14) vs. Justin Scoggins (+4)

UFC 175

Chris Weidman (+11) vs Lyoto Machida (+7)

Ronda Rousey (+2) vs Alexis Davis (+16)

Stefan Struve (+6) vs Matt Mitrione (+12)

Uriah Hall (+3) vs Thiago Santos (+13)

Marcus Brimage (+9) vs Russell Doane (+9)

UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs Stephens

Cub Swanson (+5) vs Jeremy Stephens (+14)

Kelvin Gastelum (+3) vs Nicholas Musoke (+16)

Cezar Ferreira (+7) vs Andrew Craig (+12)

Ricardo Lamas (+7) vs Hacran Dias (+13)

Clint Hester (+11) vs Antonio Braga Neto (+10)

Joe Ellenberger (+5) vs James Moontarsi (+15)

UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs Marquadt

James Te Huna (+9) vs Nate Marquardt (+10)

Soa Palelei (+7) vs Jared Rosholt (+11)

Hatsu Hioki (+11) vs Charles Oliveira (+9)

Robert Whittaker (+8) vs Mike Rhodes (+12)

UFC 174

MM (+3) vs Ali (+19)

Rory (+14) vs Woodley (+8)

Bader (+11) vs Feijão (+11)

Arlovski (+9) vs Schaub (+13)

Jimmo (+15) vs OSP (+7)

UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs Khabilov

Henderson (+7) vs Khabilov (+16)

Sanchez (+14) vs Pearson (+9)

Dodson (+3) vs Moraga (+20)

RDA (+7) vs High (+16)

Edwards (+12) vs Hallmann (+11)

Perez (+11) vs Caraway (+12)

FC favorites: Henderson, Pearson, Dodson, RDA, Hallmann, Perez

Vegas favorites: Henderson, Pearson, Dodson, RDA, Hallmann, Perez

May 31

Munoz (+14) vs Mousasi (+7)

Carmont (+9) vs CB (+12)

Luke (+8) vs Sean (+13)

Miocic (+5) vs Maldonado (+16)

Maia (+4) vs Yakovlev (+17)

Jason (+9) vs Peralta (+12)

Vegas Favorites: Mousasi, Carmont, Luke, Miocic, Maia, Jason

FC Favorites: Mousasi, Carmont, Luke, Miocic, Maia, Jason

UFC 173

Barão (+4) vs Dillashaw (+17)

Cormier (+3) vs Henderson (+18)

Lawler (+7) vs Jake (+14)

Mizugaki (+9) vs Rivera (+12)

Varner (+6) vs Krause (+15)

Vegas Favorites: Barão, Cormier, Lawler, Mizugaki, Varner

FC Favorites: Barão, Cormier, Lawler, Mizugaki, Varner

UFC Fight Night: Brown vs Silva

Matt Brown (+9) vs Erick Silva (+14)

Costas Philippou (+17) vs Lorenz Larkin (+6)

Erik Koch (+4) vs Daron Cruickshank (+19)

Neil Magny (+19) vs Tim Means (+4)

Soa Palelei (+6) vs Ruan Potts (+17)

Chris Cariaso (+12) vs Louis Smolka (+11)

Vegas Favorites: Silva, Larkin, Koch, Means, Palelei, Smolka

FC Favorites: Brown, Larkin, Koch, Means, Palelei, Smolka

UFC 172

Jones (+10) vs Glover (+20)

Davis (+8) vs Johnson (+22)

Rockhold (+4) vs Boetsch (+26)

Miller (+5) vs Medeiros (+25)

Holloway (+20) vs Fili (+10)

Vegas Favorites: Jones, Davis, Rockhold, Miller, Fili

FC Favorites: Jones, Davis, Rockhold, Miller, Fili

Rock on. Forgive me for being difficult, but...

What site is going to gauge who is the underdog? Are fights like this **** fight on Saturday thrown out then? It began at -115 for both.

That's the fun part. The odds are based on our own picks. If there 50 people playing, and 49 people pick Erick Silva (lol), the one guy who picked Matt Brown will get 49 points. If Erick Silva won, each one of the 49 people would get 1 point.

@Mcmax3000 @poloridah @nikkineversleep @amunera @12er @wanderleisilva101 @Juice64011 @NyteRyder @JChristain522 @Epiqu1n @Identity @Steelernation43 @LayDownDead @mutharasha @Mirko_Cro_Cop @bigdw35 @Hayden512 @iNOOB @Za1994 @Ozpride @Omoplatypus @rodrodMMA92‌

Post your main card predictions! Check OP to understand how it works.

Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira

Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson

Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold

Jim Miller vs. Yancy Medeiros

Andre Fili vs. Max Holloway

How is this going to work though?

Are we just going to list as many underdogs as we think will win, and everybody else has the other guy? Or are we just going to pick certain fights or what?

All you have to do is post your picks for the card's main event.

So you want us to post picks for the main card, not only the main event right?

This is a better idea than the current tournament format which gives an unfair advantage to the "higher seed".

It's the 1v1 format that does that, and there's no real option to get around it if there are an odd number of fights on a card, because somebody is always going to get one more pick than the other person, unless you cut off one fight.

In the end, they're really two different types of games, which is great. I'm all for more options around here for people to participate in.

Jones, Johnson, Rockhold, Miller, Holloway.

Glover, Davis, Rockhold, Miller, Fili

Jones, Davis, Rockhold, Mederios, Fili

Right now we'd have

Jones (+1) vs Glover (+2)

Davis (+1) vs Johnson (+2)

Rockhold (0) vs Boetsch (+3)

Miller (+1) vs Medeiros (+2)

Holloway (+2) vs Fili (+1)

Remember these are changeable! Finals odds will only be decided when the prelims start.

If you decide to change your picks, just make another post.

Glover, Davis, Rockhold, Miller, Fili

The picks should be invisible until everyone has entered. Otherwise I will wait until the end and see who has been picked and who has not.

Yes, I thought of that, but then I wouldn't be able to play. It's alright then, everyone can still change their picks until the prelims start...

You can just post random picks so see how the odds will go and then change everything.

This is a better idea than the current tournament format which gives an unfair advantage to the "higher seed".

It's the 1v1 format that does that, and there's no real option to get around it if there are an odd number of fights on a card, because somebody is always going to get one more pick than the other person, unless you cut off one fight.

In the end, they're really two different types of games, which is great. I'm all for more options around here for people to participate in.

There are many options to get around it.

For instance In order to minimize the advantage of first pick pick the higher seed would get first pick but the other guys gets picks 2 and 3, then the higher seed gets 4.

So instead of have 1,3 v 2, 4 you have 1,4 vs 2, 3.

Same way they manage home court advantage in BBall playoffs series.

For instance In order to minimize the advantage of first pick pick the higher seed would get first pick but the other guys gets picks 2 and 3, then the higher seed gets 4.

Pick who you think it's going to win if you ban wagon it didn't mean you get automatic points it actually less points for you if you do the opposite good luck with the under dog

But that gives the advantage to the other person, because then that person ends up with both the tie breaker pick, and the extra pick if there are an odd number of fights.

Anyway, this isn't really the place to discuss this, since it has nothing to do with this game.

@AndersonIsStillTheGOAT i see this game doing very well. Especially for those who like to bet. The format makes perfect sense.

This is only a suggestion but you should set an end date/card for this game. If i do terribly throughout, late in the game, I'll end up being disinterested in the game or just pick all underdogs in the hopes to catch up. Either or sucks. I suggest like making it 10 cards or a yearly/half a year/quarterly thing, calling it "Gamblers Prediction League 1" then 2, 3, and so forth so at least those who suck get the chance to be competitive in the next ones. Thoughts?

I honestly wish i thought of this game myself.

@AndersonIsStillTheGOAT i see this game doing very well. Especially for those who like to bet. The format makes perfect sense.

This is only a suggestion but you should set an end date/card for this game. If i do terribly throughout, late in the game, I'll end up being disinterested in the game or just pick all underdogs in the hopes to catch up. Either or sucks. I suggest like making it 10 cards or a yearly/half a year/quarterly thing, calling it "Gamblers Prediction League 1" then 2, 3, and so forth so at least those who suck get the chance to be competitive in the next ones. Thoughts?

10 cards sounds good, I'll edit it later.

But another good thing of this format is how easy it is to comeback. Right now, for instance, you can make a perfect score and get 5 points (betting for the favorites), or you can make a perfect score and get 30 points. It won't be decided too quickly

But another good thing of this format is how easy it is to comeback. Right now, for instance, you can make a perfect score and get 5 points (betting for the favorites), or you can make a perfect score and get 30 points. It won't be decided too quickly

Oh I 100% agree.

The 10 cards thing is just an arbitrary number I made up. I don't know what the magic number of cards would be to make the spread of 1st to X place competitive.

I don't like kissing my sister, ranked anywhere.

Oh I 100% agree.

The 10 cards thing is just an arbitrary number I made up. I don't know what the magic number of cards would be to make the spread of 1st to X place competitive.

I don't like kissing my sister, ranked anywhere.

Season 1 is going to be 10 cards, then we'll see how it goes.

Archived