ANZAC Day

SavageTC

Today is the day we remember all those who gave their lives or suffered hardship from war. ANZAC stands for the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.

IMO, and considering I have never served, today is the most important day of the year

Today is the day we remember all those who gave their lives or suffered hardship from war. ANZAC stands for the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.

IMO, and considering I have never served, today is the most important day of the year

Waitangi Day was supposed to be the day NZ celebrated it's birth as a nation. **** that!!! Too much division these days so most NZ's treat today as the birthdate of our nation. The saying is soldiers left as part of the empire, returned as NZ'ers. So yeah, i'd have to agree mate. Today is the most important day of the year for both our countries

Waitangi Day was supposed to be the day NZ celebrated it's birth as a nation. **** that!!! Too much division these days so most NZ's treat today as the birthdate of our nation. The saying is soldiers left as part of the empire, returned as NZ'ers. So yeah, i'd have to agree mate. Today is the most important day of the year for both our countries

same with Australia day. becoming more divisive, and the whole invasion day aspect.

our families fought together side by side as brothers, and we owe them our respect for the freedoms they provided us. ANZAC's stand united

Respect.

It's a shame we lose good men and women in wars these days for no reason other then shady government BS tho. I understand fighting to take a guy like Hitler down and protect freedom and basic human rights, but I don't understand good people dying for dirty oil money grubbing politicians and businessmen.

• 1 year later...

Bump.

Happy Anzac day my Aussie and Kiwi brothers. My pop died two weeks ago, he was an MP in Darwin during and after the Japanese bombings - he was 94 and a proud vet. Went to the dawn service this morning and it was boss.

I'm disappointed that the UFC marketing team who love propping up the defences couldn't take advantage of Robs dual nationality and quit calling him an 'Ossy' or at least give the ANZAC day memorial a mention, missed opportunity I guess.

Anyways, lest we forget.

Archived