Why the **** does USA charge so much for hospitalization ?

MachidaSilva

Have a elderly relative who delivers/transports fifth wheels trailers with his own truck across Canada, and sometimes USA. He had heart attack awhile back fyi. So he was traveling in the states , and he started having heart attack symptoms he was worried so he found the nearest hospital checked himself in, they did there thing and they actually ended up sending him to a different hospital in a helicopter. He ended up staying in that hospital a few days. Few weeks later he gets some bills , 21k for the helicopter transportation, 40k for the few nights in the hospital that is ridiculous. Guess he should have got travel health insurance for when in USA. Just throwing that out there ...

some_text

For one perspective of the cost of healthcare in America I would suggest you watch this video from John Green. I've always appreciate the very neutral approach Mr. Green has to his discussion of not only current issues - but also his exploration of history (both American and World) during his online series "Crash Course." Anyway, without further ado, I present one of the best explanations of how and why it is so expensive in America:

For one perspective of the cost of healthcare in America I would suggest you watch this video from John Green. I've always appreciate the very neutral approach Mr. Green has to his discussion of not only current issues - but also his exploration of history (both American and World) during his online series "Crash Course." Anyway, without further ado, I present one of the best explanations of how and why it is so expensive in America:

Brilliant clip. Well worth the 8 minutes

In America you can just not pay the hospital bill and nothing will ever happen tho.

I had a 650$ bill for a 20 minute doctor visit for him to tell me I had Strep throat. I was planning on paying about 10$ a week. they eventually droped the bill to 200$, but if I wouldn't have paid they cant do anything. pretty sure hospitals cant sue

Because the medical industry, insurance and big pharma in the US are all business first and foremost. They all prop each other up and work hand and hand together to milk people for as a much as they can.

You mean they work directly with government to **** **** the people.

LOL

Buddy of mine got all drunk in the states and crashed a golf cart off a small cliff and got messed up real bad. Air ambulance, week in the hospital, xrays and all that crap. I forget how much they expected him to pay, but it was just right silly. He never paid it and they didn't do ****.

Next time I get seriously ill I'll go up to Canada and go to the hospital to make up for it.

LOL

Buddy of mine got all drunk in the states and crashed a golf cart off a small cliff and got messed up real bad. Air ambulance, week in the hospital, xrays and all that crap. I forget how much they expected him to pay, but it was just right silly. He never paid it and they didn't do ****.

Next time I get seriously ill I'll go up to Canada and go to the hospital to make up for it.

Make sure to ask for medical cocaine. That **** is tha bomb!

LOL

Is that how it works in Canadian hospitals? The patients ask for the medicine they want and the doctors are too polite to refuse? Sounds GOAT, need to update my passport and then I'll just drive across the border for healthcare from now on.

LOL

Is that how it works in Canadian hospitals? The patients ask for the medicine they want and the doctors are too polite to refuse? Sounds GOAT, need to update my passport and then I'll just drive across the border for healthcare from now on.

lol they cannot say no

LOL

LOL

I said it jokingly, but yeah that is kinda how it works. Most times if I'm sick enough to actually go to the doctors, I just tell them what's wrong n what I need, and they just take their lil pen and paper out and write it up.

You don't even need a passport to come over either. For a Canadian going to the US we need a passport, Americans coming into Canada do not. I mean how stupid is that? Your country has all the sketchy criminals n terrorists looking to flee it, not ours. I just hope all the filthy scum bags go to Mexico instead.

Archived