Fantasy MMA

bigdw35/Ufcfan_1

What's up all. I know alot of us participate in many fantasy mma games here. But if you enjoy fantasy mma. Check out,

http://www.fantasymmahq.com

This game/league originally started right here on the FC forum.

It is basically a confidence pick'em league. Where you rank your fights in order of the confidence you think on that fighter winning. You also select the method and round you believe the fight will end. It is a head to head league so you are matched up with another participant. And highest score wins. Put a few wins together and you could be fighting for a title.

There are a couple different leagues to choose from.

FCUFF (all numbered events and Fox cards(UFC)

FMMAHQ (Fight Night Cards)

GFC (smaller organization's bellator, wsof, etc )

Lettuce league (if you are feeling lucky it's a league that runs over 4-5 events were each participant donates some lettuce and top 3 take home the lettuce).

Check it out. You all know MMA. See how good you know it against others. It's fun. There is a forum also where we can talk smack, MMA the leagues etc.

There is 2 separate log in's required for the forum. And the events section (where you would make picks for the leagues).

You can also check out for rules and more info.

http://www.fantasymmahq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21

Hope to see some of you there.

I know @Brady969‌ has joined.

Is this really how this is done here? Looks pretty unorganized.... Maybe I'm just not seeing things right. You pick then a fighter then someone else picks a fighter lol? Do you not picks methods or rounds? Do you guys just call someone out and make a thread "BLaH vs Boblaw". Hoping I am seeing this wrong...

Yes, you are seeing things wrong.

You're missing the large thread where the entire thing is organized:

http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/157827/ufc-prediction-tournament-x-first-round#latest

And that's just one of a number of forum prediction games that we have running around here. Most discussion is done in the UFC section of this forum.

All that is doing is matching people up. Nothing else is organized. You don't submit picks and the forums in flooded with each matchup. One thread could cover it all.

Doesn't take much skill to just pick a fighter. You could do it to where even if you have all the same picks it would come down to methods and what round you pick them to win. Just picking the fighter doesn't show any type of skill. All you have to do for that is look at odds. You could even do it where you have to lock certain fighters. Your top lock gets that amount of points. Like if there are 12 fights and Jones is on the card you lock him at 12-Jones-KO-1. 12 points for the lock and 1 for KO and round 1 if those are right.

Just too easy to pick just the fighter. The entire MMA forum section is flooded with each matchup instead of just having it on one thread. Yeah the matchups are organized but nothing else. Who is the Champ right now? Are there contender fights or anything of the sort?

I was looking forward to doing fantasy fighting on the supposed to be biggest mma site but it looks disappointing. Picking just the fighter or picking 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 just doesn't resemble a challenge or even make sense. Sometimes people have the same picks. To show real knowledge and skill adding method and rounds would do just that. Could even take it a step further and add locks. Don't need to have a system that floods a section with each matchup being its own thread. Pretty noob looking and doesn't take any skill to win these kind of fights.

I would gladly volunteer to help set this up. Take some kind of pride in your FF. This is a joke. The UFC forums especially FF should be elite and #1. To win here all you need to do is look at odds and you will most likely win. 5% skill involved in this and member ran.

It's a tournament. Once one tournament ends, the next one begins.

Having them all in one thread would be extremely difficult to follow, especially early in the tournament, because you'd have 16 different matches picking all at once.

The reason we use the MMA section is because hardly anybody else does.

Like I said before, we have a number of different prediction games with different rules, which are all collected in this thread: http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/157634/guide-forum-games-title-histories#latest

Any prediction games happening on the forum are completely user created, and user run. You're more then welcome to create your own with your own rules if you want one done a certain way. If you do, let me know, and I'll add it to our list at the top of the UFC section.

None of the games here are official. The UFC's official fantasy game is at http://www.ufc.com/fantasy. That seems to be more like what you're looking for, as you can select a round, and win method.

So are you saying you don't know about other sites or don't know about the other types of ff on here? Just looking for something more detailed than just picking a fighter then the other guy picks his for the next fight.

This is not like Junkie. I see you on there as well. If you are looking for another game like junkie does it or Bonesnapper,

check out www.fantasymmahq.com

this is run more like junkie and bonesnapper where you go head to head with another person. Only difference from us and Junkie is our scoring system is automated. All you have to do is select the fighter, confidence points, round and method. Hit save and all done.

Have you guys not tried doing a Fantasy MMA game on here? A new section like Junkie does with the round, method ect?

I started a Fantasy group on the UFC's service to see if there would be interest in that, but I'm not sure how much traction that will get. If it's something people would be interested in doing on the forums rather than the UFC site, we could put something together.

Any prediction games happening on the forum are completely user created, and user run. You're more then welcome to create your own with your own rules if you want one done a certain way. If you do, let me know, and I'll add it to our list at the top of the UFC section.

None of the games here are official. The UFC's official fantasy game is at http://www.ufc.com/fantasy. That seems to be more like what you're looking for, as you can select a round, and win method.

I'll be doing that but I have always liked the forum aspect of FF. Thanks for the advice.

I have been looking at fantasymmahq and looks pretty similar to junkies. I like how the UFC has something similar but I like going H2H or having tournaments. Things where you are facing an opponent or some type of Grand Prix atmosphere. There aren't many sites that do that. Plus fantasymmahq is purely FF and nothing to do with articles or news. The forums are dead besides for the FF.

I think with the amount of people on these forums it could bring a huge audience. They have belts, contender fights, title defenses and all that. Gets people really into it. Maybe not as the only or main FF on here but adding it would help a lot and bring people from other sites too since this is or should be the main forums/FF site for everything.

I have been looking at fantasymmahq and looks pretty similar to junkies. I like how the UFC has something similar but I like going H2H or having tournaments. Things where you are facing an opponent or some type of Grand Prix atmosphere. There aren't many sites that do that. Plus fantasymmahq is purely FF and nothing to do with articles or news. The forums are dead besides for the FF.

I think with the amount of people on these forums it could bring a huge audience. They have belts, contender fights, title defenses and all that. Gets people really into it. Maybe not as the only or main FF on here but adding it would help a lot and bring people from other sites too since this is or should be the main forums/FF site for everything.

I think that could be fun, and a good complement to what we already have. Based on some of the talk during the sign ups for the last tournament, I think it could definitely do well here. I think I'm going to think on this a bit, and do some research, and see about starting something like that here.

Fmmahq has all the things you are looking for, Yes the forums are not big on news as it is strictly a fantasy fighting site, but The MMACorner is one of our sponsors and there is a direct link to any news you need.

I think that could be fun, and a good complement to what we already have. Based on some of the talk during the sign ups for the last tournament, I think it could definitely do well here. I think I'm going to think on this a bit, and do some research, and see about starting something like that here.

its a ton of work. I will not lie. We had it here on the site for years before it got too big, The scoring, records, ranks, match making is all very time consuming,

We currently use an automated scoring system so that takes down some of the workload, also records and streaks have been automated as well so this helps, but signup threads, managing the matchups is still some work. We currently average about 62 fighters for FCUFF(Ufc numbered and Fox Cards) events. and about 50 for the fmmahq league(fight night, Tuff). So we are still growing.

By all means if you would like to start one up here again I would participate and help out anyway I can. As one person will not be able to manage it all.

here is just an example...

would look like in the following format (This is the displayed format)

Example of How Picks are to be Submitted (from UFC 126):

7-Anderson Silva-ko-5

3-Rich Franklin-dec-3

10-Jake Ellenberger-ko-3

5-Jon Jones-ko-3

11-Miguel Torres-sub-3

4-Donald Cerrone-sub-2

8-Chad Mendes-dec-3

6-Paul Taylor-ko-3

2-Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto-ko-1

1-Ricardo Romero-sub-3

9-Mike Pierce-ko-3

The Scoring Basics::

You get 5 points for picking the right winner. You get 3 points for picking the right method. You get 2 points for picking the right round.

If you do not pick the right winner, you do not get any points for choosing the right method or round.

Confidence points:

:

If there are 12 fights and you have the highest confidence in one particular fight, you can give your pick 12 confidence points. The fight that you have the second most confidence in can be given 11 confidence points. The fight that you have the least confidence in will be given 1 confidence point. You can only use a confidence point once. If you do not choose the right winner, you do not get any confidence points.

Scoring Example::

7-Anderson Silva-ko-5........................7+5+3+0=15

3-Rich Franklin-dec-3..........................0................0

10-Jake Ellenberger-ko-3....................10+5+0+2=17

5-Jon Jones-ko-3.................................5+5+0+0=10

11-Miguel Torres-sub-3......................11+5+0+2=18

4-Donald Cerrone-sub-2.....................4+5+3+2=14

8-Chad Mendes-dec-3.........................8+5+3+2=18

6-Paul Taylor-ko-3..............................6+5+3+0=14

2-Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto-ko-1.........0...............0

1-Ricardo Romero-sub-3.......................0..............0

9-Mike Pierce-ko-3................................9+5+3+0=17

Total: 123

Fmmahq has all the things you are looking for, Yes the forums are not big on news as it is strictly a fantasy fighting site, but The MMACorner is one of our sponsors and there is a direct link to any news you need.

I understand and know that they do. I just think it would work well on a bigger platform. I actually had to type "best fantasy mma sites" or something like that to even hear about fantasymmahq. Glad I found it.

I just think that this would work great here. When you are in the biggest sites forum it would nice to not have to go somewhere else. People say oh go to this site for this FF or this site for this. Why not have the UFC have the best FF out there when it could also have the most people participating in it?

If you need any help or anything at all I would love to help. Even to just talk about what other sites do that people are drawn to or what might work better or not work. I just think if it is such a huge thing that people go to junkie or made an entire site like mmahq for something it could really be a big/fun thing here. Even if it is just another part of the fantasy here. Not trying to replace stuff just add I guess.

its a ton of work. I will not lie. We had it here on the site for years before it got too big, The scoring, records, ranks, match making is all very time consuming,

We currently use an automated scoring system so that takes down some of the workload, also records and streaks have been automated as well so this helps, but signup threads, managing the matchups is still some work. We currently average about 62 fighters for FCUFF(Ufc numbered and Fox Cards) events. and about 50 for the fmmahq league(fight night, Tuff). So we are still growing.

By all means if you would like to start one up here again I would participate and help out anyway I can. As one person will not be able to manage it all.

I understand that it is a lot of work. One guy on Junkie manages it. One mod helps with the scoring I believe. Buffalo Blue is the guy on Junkie that literally runs it all besides a tiny part of the scoring.

That is the format I am talking about and looks like the "rules" section from mmahq lol. I think it would work great if we had a couple people involved in the helping aspect. I would gladly help out in any way as far as match making, scoring, title defenses, or any aspect. On here it could get really big. That could be both good and bad. But just like on junkie when the GP was getting over 70/80+ players Blue just made a thread asking if anyone wanted to help. I think 1-4 people could handle it.

Could be a big draw and great addition to the system. We could even limit it at first so it wasn't so overwhelming. Like first 32 to sign up get matches in the tournament or card. Post a thread about it and people just say "in".

I understand and know that they do. I just think it would work well on a bigger platform. I actually had to type "best fantasy mma sites" or something like that to even hear about fantasymmahq. Glad I found it.

I just think that this would work great here. When you are in the biggest sites forum it would nice to not have to go somewhere else. People say oh go to this site for this FF or this site for this. Why not have the UFC have the best FF out there when it could also have the most people participating in it?

Because the mods don't have the time or resources to create that complicated system on here, and frankly, Zuffa doesn't give two ****s about this forum.

If you need any help or anything at all I would love to help. Even to just talk about what other sites do that people are drawn to or what might work better or not work. I just think if it is such a huge thing that people go to junkie or made an entire site like mmahq for something it could really be a big/fun thing here. Even if it is just another part of the fantasy here. Not trying to replace stuff just add I guess.

I agree. It can be done here. No doubt about it. Like I said before. FCUFF started here. So yes it can be done. It just takes time and a good format. How many events you will use. You could have 3 events in 7 days. That is a lot of manual updating. So we will need someone or a group able to able to take portions and run with it. I am game. I will help. But this is something that needs to be thought out and planned.

I understand that it is a lot of work. One guy on Junkie manages it. One mod helps with the scoring I believe. Buffalo Blue is the guy on Junkie that literally runs it all besides a tiny part of the scoring.

That is the format I am talking about and looks like the "rules" section from mmahq lol. I think it would work great if we had a couple people involved in the helping aspect. I would gladly help out in any way as far as match making, scoring, title defenses, or any aspect. On here it could get really big. That could be both good and bad. But just like on junkie when the GP was getting over 70/80+ players Blue just made a thread asking if anyone wanted to help. I think 1-4 people could handle it.

Could be a big draw and great addition to the system. We could even limit it at first so it wasn't so overwhelming. Like first 32 to sign up get matches in the tournament or card. Post a thread about it and people just say "in".

That is the rules from fmmahq. Just was giving an example. I am running fmmahq now, the originator Dustin needed a break and I was asked to take over. Keeping the seat warm for Dustins return...lol..

Yes Buffaloblue does most of the match making and scoring on junkie, He also is at fmmahq,

It could be big here for sure, as when we had it on the Paid forum we had about 40 participants,

Because the mods don't have the time or resources to create that complicated system on here, and frankly, Zuffa doesn't give two ****s about this forum.

The resources are here, its just the time. It does not have to be a MOD that runs it either. It can be anyone that has time to be able to give it the attention it needs.It all needs to be worked out before it starts, or just adopt another sites rules and system and go from there. I can help. NO doubt. But I can't do it alone or will not do it alone as I have Fmmahq I have to run.

Pfffttt... I'm a computer programming student with no social life. I've got all the time in the world :P

My first thought was to finish the current tournament, then do a new tournament in the summer with the new picking system, and that determines the first champion/rankings, and then go from there.

My first thought was to finish the current tournament, then do a new tournament in the summer with the new picking system, and that determines the first champion/rankings, and then go from there.

THERE YOU GO. you are off an running.

Maybe you can create an off site program that you can run everything and just copy and paste everything here and have everything automated at least on your end, like we do at fmmahq. Need any help let me know.

Well I think even of 3 of us were willing to put in a little time we could get this done. I am willing to sit and about all the details of how it could play out. Like most sites have a major league for ppv or large events then smaller for smaller ufcs and even bellator or anything else. We could simply start with PPV events or major UFC events.

I have no issue with helping build this up even if it is slowly. We could do only a few events to start and limit the number of entries. Not try and do the live scoring like some do and that alone would make it easier if we had to do the scoring manually.

If you guys are interested I am down to talk details and figure out what we could do.

Max, I think that would work out as far as finishing this tournament. People would still want to do those formats but introducing this then would be ok. We could even do smaller matches where we have only 12-24 people and try it out for the next PPV or at some point before it ends to see how much it will actually take.

I would probably include Fight Nights in the opening tournament, as otherwise that thing would take like three months, but yeah, after that it could just be numbered & FOX events, at least to start. Maybe after things are up, and running, it could be broken down into two divisions for big, and small events.

So when is this tournament over that you are talking about waiting for? I was thinking/hoping we might try something smaller for this next PPP to see how it goes. Hell if needed I can try and set something up small and see if anyone enters and just manually score it. Not sure what it would be called.

Hmmm. I guess other people come to the ufcfightclub site directly. I end up going to ufc then clicking Forums. If that's the case then forget I even mentioned it. Making it how we originally thought would work best.

What do you think about trying something out for a fight before June? I mean if I just made a thread somewhere having people "enter" with saying In. I could match them up, I doubt there would be many at first, and explain how the scoring/format would be. Just not looking to wait until June to try something out. Doesn't have to be full out just a little trial run.

Archived