Did anyone on here even know?

VIVA_LA_BEARD

I knew, but I have to confess, I didn't watch it. Klitch rarely entices me to view his events. And realistically I think everyone knew the Lionheart was not going to be the man to dethrone the (more or less undisputed) Heavyweight king. I think most of the boxing world is far more interested with the upcoming Stiverne/Arreola bout for the WBC Heavyweight Championship. The fact that fight is happening on basic cable is mind blowing. I believe promoters are starting to realize that Wlad only has X amount of years left, and once he's gone, there is a real chance to bring some fresh excitement to the heavyweight division. I have a feeling, 5 or 6 years from now, we'll see a boom of boxing enthusiasm. Boxing popularity has always lived and died on the backs of a few stars, but when the heavyweight division is hot, it transcends sport and becomes pop culture. Klitch's style and dominance would never allow for that kind of excitement, but some of these news guys bring with them a LOT of upside potential.

And while he might not be the best boxer in this new batch of up coming heavyweights, I really do believe Bryant Jennings has the right stuff to become one of boxing's biggest stars in the future - perhaps not a champion, but a beloved challenger, and THE man to bring America's short attention span back to the sweet science.

He beat up a samoan living in Logan, a suburb not far from me. Anyone could have seen this coming.

You live near Logan...

Oh man I feel for you bud. I used to live in Meadowbrook

lol, well relative to the forum crowd, it's about 30 mins from me. I know some guys at work from meadowbrook. They happen to be full of ****. Not sure if it's because they're from that way or what.

Did anyone see footage of Shannon Briggs at the Klitch weigh in? Oh my goodness, if I thought Nick Diaz acted inappropriate, this guy shows up in the crowd, not wearing a shirt, shouting at the man during a weigh in - why didn't security stop him? What an absolute embarrassment. He seemed to be doing his best Mr. T impression from Rocky 3. And unfortunately, it will likely pay off for him. Despite only cleaning up some journeymen earlier this month, he's basically been retired since Vitali one sided him back in 2010. What business does he have with Wlad? None.

Looks like another easy and huge payday for Wlad is on the horizon.

I watched it. It was free on ESPN at 2:00 in the afternoon here. Was Briggs drunk?

Maybe, maybe he was just be his usual obnoxious self. Maybe he doesn't matter in the least bit in terms of prospective big fights in the future and he saw a chance to force his way into the discussion. If it's the later, it worked, he's now being mentioned as a potential opponent on ESPN at least...not that they are the best source for boxing news. Never the less, people have said his name a few times, which is more than he would otherwise hope for.

Did anyone see footage of Shannon Briggs at the Klitch weigh in? Oh my goodness, if I thought Nick Diaz acted inappropriate, this guy shows up in the crowd, not wearing a shirt, shouting at the man during a weigh in - why didn't security stop him? What an absolute embarrassment. He seemed to be doing his best Mr. T impression from Rocky 3. And unfortunately, it will likely pay off for him. Despite only cleaning up some journeymen earlier this month, he's basically been retired since Vitali one sided him back in 2010. What business does he have with Wlad? None.

Excuse me Sir, but are you suggesting that Nick "The GOAT" Diaz acts acts improper and is an absolute embarrassment? Nick is a sincere, truthful, upstanding citizen and a true fighter he would never call out the champ just looking for a payday.

The HW division in boxing is an absolute embarrassment, a travesty, a weak pathetic farce, a laughing stock. It's a complete joke. Boxing needs more Nick Diaz and i don't eally see the comparison with Briggs. Briggs behavior is a lot more like Chael Sonnen. He's trying to talk his way into a payday and at the same time shake things up making it interesting.

Excuse me Sir, but are you suggesting that Nick "The GOAT" Diaz acts acts improper and is an absolute embarrassment? Nick is a sincere, truthful, upstanding citizen and a true fighter he would never call out the champ just looking for a payday.

Yes. I am in fact saying Nick Diaz' behavior is boorish.

The HW division in boxing is an absolute embarrassment, a travesty, a weak pathetic farce, a laughing stock. It's a complete joke. Boxing needs more Nick Diaz and i don't eally see the comparison with Briggs. Briggs behavior is a lot more like Chael Sonnen. He's trying to talk his way into a payday and at the same time shake things up making it interesting.

I would have a difficult time disputing your assessment of the heavyweight boxing division being a joke. But any suggestion that Nick Diaz is anything more than a street bred thug who is far more hype than substance is going to be met with harsh criticism on my part. The last thing boxing needs is another Nick Diaz character (and that is what he is, a character). Boxing needs legitimate top level athletes who are able to be a bit braggadocios but back it up. Nick Diaz just talks a big game but is unable to deliver against even top level contenders.

Yet nobody can go toe to toe with him

Damn that character is a badass LoL

Carlos Condit, Georges St. Pierre, and 913 days since he last won a fight against a former legend who was one foot out the door towards retirement. Please remind me what Nick Diaz has done, or who he's beaten that makes him so worthy of praise?

I would have a difficult time disputing your assessment of the heavyweight boxing division being a joke. But any suggestion that Nick Diaz is anything more than a street bred thug who is far more hype than substance is going to be met with harsh criticism on my part. The last thing boxing needs is another Nick Diaz character (and that is what he is, a character). Boxing needs legitimate top level athletes who are able to be a bit braggadocios but back it up. Nick Diaz just talks a big game but is unable to deliver against even top level contenders.

Carlos Condit, Georges St. Pierre, and 913 days since he last won a fight against a former legend who was one foot out the door towards retirement. Please remind me what Nick Diaz has done, or who he's beaten that makes him so worthy of praise?

hahahah Leiting dropping truth bombs

Diaz embodies the original spirit of MMA where the "last man standing" was the winner, and "running with occasional leg kicks" or "taking your opponent down and holding him down" didn't amount to anything. Diaz himself said that he takes a worse beating when he wins. Diaz earned a lifetime of praise and respect on the Gomi fight alone.

Diaz embodies the original spirit of MMA where the "last man standing" was the winner, and "running with occasional leg kicks" or "taking your opponent down and holding him down" didn't amount to anything. Diaz himself said that he takes a worse beating when he wins. Diaz earned a lifetime of praise and respect on the Gomi fight alone.

Commenting on his entertainment value as a fighter is totally valid. And while I personally don't enjoy his fights, that has more to do with my feelings about him as a man outside of the cage. Having said that, the style in which people derive joy from the sport is completely subjective. So for the folks who despise this new era in MMA where the fighters know how fights are judged and adjust their strategy to match, he might be a breath of fresh air for them.

Archived