Jon Jones is the sickest fighter to ever grace the UFC

KINGnoob

The dirtiest fighter is def Palhares. Glover didn't say **** about the eye pokes. Only haters keep clinging on to that nonsense. Those of you who think Gusta won that fight must a blacked out from your swedish loving ****s after the 3rd round. Im mean honestly watch it again. Y'alls embarrassing yourselves.

The dirtiest fighter is def Palhares. Glover didn't say **** about the eye pokes. Only haters keep clinging on to that nonsense. Those of you who think Gusta won that fight must a blacked out from your swedish loving ****s after the 3rd round. Im mean honestly watch it again. Y'alls embarrassing yourselves.

You're right, Jones won rounds 4 and 5. He lost the first three.

You're right, Jones won rounds 4 and 5. He lost the first three.

lol the first three were close. So ****ing pick a round. We will get our rematch and Jones wins again easily.

till he does it i dont believe he could Anderson did it Jon could but he probably wont a good indicator is the Gus fight as soon as he fought someone he couldn't big brother he looked like **** DC will make him look bad and thats if Gus doesn't beat him this time around and i also believe Rumble would put the hurt on him

you name me a HW he could beat i think even a gate keeper like Mir would own him in a HW bout

in sbnation, they did a judo shop about jones's defense (thai block) and they anticipated the extended fingers in his "defense"....

Not hard to figure out, here's footage that sums up Jon's striking defense in a nut shell.

BrightActualCanvasback.gif

First opponent that learns this GOAT defense will smash Jon

65226d1324410242-rapid-global-climate-shift-its-socio-economic-effects-eye_poke_defense.jpg

I believe nuts to the chin while in progress of being eye poked would cure that. If only refs would allow nut checks by the defensive guy to keep a opponent at range. Sorry ref it's just my big toe going a little off target... I was aiming for belly button...

actually there is a guy named Anderson Silva and he has the most wins in UFC history and 3 of those are guys in a division above his whem Jones beats a few HWs well talk

Haha yea those Irvin and bonner fights... I can't believe Anderson had the balls to fight them. I'm sure jones would destroy any HW outside the top 5.

actually there is a guy named Anderson Silva and he has the most wins in UFC history and 3 of those are guys in a division above his whem Jones beats a few HWs well talk

Haha yea those Irvin and bonner fights... I can't believe Anderson had the balls to fight them. I'm sure jones would destroy any HW outside the top 5.

Are you hinting at a arlovski super fight? DO you work for the ufc and is the arlovski move a jones super fight set up?

You can't blindly rate fighters under a system that is shrouded by cheating.

First of all in that fight Jones was using his fingers in the face or around the face all fight long.As Rogan pointed out it stops Tex from moving forward or he gets poked in the eye steady.

As to the UFC,these are not TRUE weight classes,it is simply a game of cheating the scales long before the fight happens.I think most realize that Jones under a LEGIT system would have to fight HW and then he would not be so dominant.Of course TEx would also be a HW,he looked to be around 235 last night but then again i never considered him a good fighter anyhow.

I want to see legit weight classes,i want to see who the TRUE champions and sportsmen are,i don't care about who can cheat better than the other guy.

You can't blindly rate fighters under a system that is shrouded by cheating.

First of all in that fight Jones was using his fingers in the face or around the face all fight long.As Rogan pointed out it stops Tex from moving forward or he gets poked in the eye steady.

As to the UFC,these are not TRUE weight classes,it is simply a game of cheating the scales long before the fight happens.I think most realize that Jones under a LEGIT system would have to fight HW and then he would not be so dominant.Of course TEx would also be a HW,he looked to be around 235 last night but then again i never considered him a good fighter anyhow.

I want to see legit weight classes,i want to see who the TRUE champions and sportsmen are,i don't care about who can cheat better than the other guy.

You do realize that means every LHW 50% of MW fighters and about 15% of ww fighters would all be HWs

That would make for one hell of an awesome division

Jones is one of those guys that will never be a popular champion - a "heel" if you will. But he is a star in his own right, everything from his walk on - some say ****y I say entertaining - to the fight itself, which he absolutely dominated, proves he is potentially the greatest fighter in the UFC.

He reminded me of a young Anderson dancing his way to the octagon and having an air of invincibility about him. Had he got the finish he would have cemented this comparison and if i were to criticize he perhaps should have ended it but there is time yet for that finishing power to come (perhaps at HW). All in all a great performance that keeps his fans happy and gives his "haters" something to talk about.

Jones is one of those guys that will never be a popular champion - a "heel" if you will. But he is a star in his own right, everything from his walk on - some say ****y I say entertaining - to the fight itself, which he absolutely dominated, proves he is potentially the greatest fighter in the UFC.

He reminded me of a young Anderson dancing his way to the octagon and having an air of invincibility about him. Had he got the finish he would have cemented this comparison and if i were to criticize he perhaps should have ended it but there is time yet for that finishing power to come (perhaps at HW). All in all a great performance that keeps his fans happy and gives his "haters" something to talk about.

You don't magically gain KO power by going up in weight. There's a reason why Castillo can end a fight with one punch and Jon can't, you either have it or you don't.

Jon's little girl slaps will be even weaker at heavyweight fighting the big boys. Everyone in the top 5 at heavyweight would fold Jon like 7-2 off homie.

He didn't even need the finish. Its the way he beats these fools thats insane. His strikes are so varied and devastating that its a true treat to watch. I mean that shoulder crank took me right back to when I enjoyed watching Frank Mir fight when he subbed Pete Williams. Just siiick.

You don't magically gain KO power by going up in weight. There's a reason why Castillo can end a fight with one punch and Jon can't, you either have it or you don't.

Jon's little girl slaps will be even weaker at heavyweight fighting the big boys. Everyone in the top 5 at heavyweight would fold Jon like 7-2 off homie.

Good thing he can make 205 then.

Good thing he can make 205 then.

Agreed, if he couldn't he'd still be fighting in Jungle fights.

I mean that shoulder crank took me right back to when I enjoyed watching Frank Mir fight when he subbed Pete Williams. Just siiick.

Yeah that was cool to see. Vitor also tried it standing on Randy in their first fight. If Jon could have quickly secured his other hand on it and lifted his elbow up like a Marcelotine grip ( < just in case to protect his face from a punch from Glover's free arm ) then wrenched it violently diagonally upward he definitely could have destroyed Glover's shoulder and popped his elbow ending it right there.

I mean that shoulder crank took me right back to when I enjoyed watching Frank Mir fight when he subbed Pete Williams. Just siiick.

Yeah that was cool to see. Vitor also tried it standing on Randy in their first fight. If Jon could have quickly secured his other hand on it and lifted his elbow up like a Marcelotine grip ( < just in case to protect his face from a punch from Glover's free arm ) then wrenched it violently diagonally upward he definitely could have destroyed Glover's shoulder and popped his elbow ending it right there.

Yea I agree. It didn't seem like he wanted to use it as a submission as much as just a little attack. He was still keeping his right hand either on Glovers other hand or to create space to tweak it. He def shoulda reached over and pulled the elbow up. Considering the dmg done by just that little force he was throwing against it.

Yea I agree. It didn't seem like he wanted to use it as a submission as much as just a little attack. He was still keeping his right hand either on Glovers other hand or to create space to tweak it. He def shoulda reached over and pulled the elbow up. Considering the dmg done by just that little force he was throwing against it.

I think the biggest benefit is it really opened up dominating hand fighting on the cage which in turn opened up those elbows, hooks, & uppercuts. Glover was worried about that arm wrench and kept his elbows folded into his body more which took away Glover establishing a deep underhook and with it the ability to circle out off the cage and escape or turn Jon on the cage and that allowed Jon to pressure in secure wrist control and when Glover tried to relax, pressure in or try to cross grip two on one to break the grip Jon would unleash elbows, short hooks and uppercuts. A few times i noticed Glover would circle inside frame and try to push him away then Jon would throw that Anderson vs. Fryland Ong Bak style back upward elbow and Glover would have to block making his stiff arm post collapse then Jon could just re-clinch.

Andy finished Bonner was Jones able to do that when they fought and even the biggest HW can would put Jones on a stretcher Mitrione Mir Big Nog Shaub Struve would all make him look human Mustafa Al Turk would beat him

Archived