Racist of the week award: Donald Sterling.

UFCCagerattler

Clippers owner admonishes ex-mistress to not be seen in public with black people, or have her photograph appear with black people.

If the allegations prove out - and they come via TMZ so chances are pretty good they won't - Mr Sterling will be forced out of the NBA. Proving that in America you cannot say what you think and that some people actually believe Magic Johnson is black.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Losing your team/business for saying something to your girl friend about black people is not freedom of speech.

In fact it is the opposite.

How is it not? His business isn't being taken by the government. People are deciding they don't want to do business with him because of what he said. That's their freedom, just like he has his freedom to say what he wants.

Freedom of speech means he can't be arrested for what he says. Contrary to what some people, yourself apparently included, want to believe, it does not mean that everyone has to support what you say. They are free to take their business elsewhere if they don't like it, which they apparently are deciding to do.

The man was having a private conversation with his mistress.

So, because he wanted to hide that he's a racist piece of ****, everyone is supposed to act like he's not a racist piece of ****, and move on like nothing happened?

(I should note that I know very little about this whole situation, as I don't follow anything to do with basketball, so there could very well be a lot more details I don't know! and maybe he's not. I'm just going off of the little bit of information I've come across)

So, because he wanted to hide that he's a racist piece of ****, everyone is supposed to act like he's not a racist piece of ****, and move on like nothing happened?

(I should note that I know very little about this whole situation, as I don't follow anything to do with basketball, so there could very well be a lot more details I don't know! and maybe he's not. I'm just going off of the little bit of information I've come across)

Why does being racist make you a piece of ****?

Why is the sky blue?

Why is the sky blue?

Oh it makes sense now. lol 8-}

How does it make you anything but?

I would like to see him removed

Not cuz he's a racist but because it would mess up the balance of competitive power even more then it already is in the NBA

No one will want to play for him...and cuz of that they team will start to suck again...the NBA does not need another bottom feeder teams like the Bucks and The Magics

How does it make you anything but?

Its just a thought right? Say s person never uses force against black people? Can someones thoughts and opinions make you a piece of **** if they are never turned into actions against another human being?

Why is the sky blue?

Oh it makes sense now. lol 8-}

The answer is... because it is.

because racism = intolerance = being a piece of ****.

Im intolerant of a lot of things. I wouldnt think that makes me a piece of ****.

Im intolerant of a lot of things. I wouldnt think that makes me a piece of ****.

i was implying racial intolerance.

But lets say no action is taken? Lets say I donate to St. Judes children hospital annually but I dont like Asians, but have never taken action against there race. Am I now considered a piece of ****?

Well that's a matter of opinion, but in most people eyes, yes.

But lets say no action is taken? Lets say I donate to St. Judes children hospital annually but I dont like Asians, but have never taken action against there race. Am I now considered a piece of ****?

yea, it is my opinion that if you can't tolerate a whole race of people then you are a piece of ****.

However, that doesn't mean they're exempt from doing good deeds. Pieces of **** can sometimes make great fertilizer.

yea, it is my opinion that if you can't tolerate a whole race of people then you are a piece of ****.

Pieces of **** can sometimes make great fertilizer.

Was that last bit there a metaphor for violence?

I would also suggest that thoughts without action mean nothing. And therefore is not worth labeling someone a "piece of ****".

What would be your reason for not liking asians? I mean if it's because they can't drive worth a **** fair enough but otherwise you're pretty much a piece of crap.

Pieces of **** can sometimes make great fertilizer.

Was that last bit there a metaphor for violence?

I would also suggest that thoughts without action mean nothing. And therefore is not worth labeling someone a "piece of ****".

clearly wasn't a metaphor for violence. It was saying racists aren't exempt from doing good deeds.

If thoughts without action mean nothing then why do you have such an issue with me calling those people pieces of ****?

If a racist was a piece of **** would @Identity eat it?

Oh somebody tagged me and wants to hear my opinion

No, just another **** eating reference

@identity I still want to hear your opinion you turd devouring can.

Lmao sorry bruh. @Identity do you think Donald Sterling's comments were racist?

I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. Fools acting as if a rich old white man would never be racist...

I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. Fools acting as if a rich old white man would never be racist...

I always knew identity was one of your alts. :>

He's a Jew, that's why the Clippers don't have any Arabs on their roster.

Does any NBA team have arabs on the roster?

Why is the sky blue?Why can't a dog play the trumpet?

Freedom of speech does not exempt you from public backlash only from government punishment.

The company is well within their rights to fire him. This isn't an issue of freedom of speech.

Also TMZ LoL.

Well, this is sort of debatable because he owns the Clippers and the theory is that the league will force him to sell his property.

What Donald Sterling mentioned isn't shocking to me. We've seen it all before from Paula Deen and @classicboxer‌ . Older generation is unfortunately set in their ways.

Not me! I'm the one who pointed out that young people claim that their blatant racism is really just humor, and also that almost every young white male is racist.

Racism will die when the older generations do. I don't give a **** what colour you are, if you're white, or a gay black jewish mexican midget, if you're nice to me, I'll be probably still be a **** to you

I think racism may get less with the next generation, but racism will never die.

The issue isn't him being a racist its more of it becoming public. Yeah it probably could have stayed private but she wanted to get back at him for what he did to her.

Just like any public figure or someone who could possibly be in the public eye you can't say that stuff. Or at least be found out. Not when you own a team and especially when the team you own is predominately black and so is the league your team is in. I thought it was a good idea when Gundy said that either has to sell or the players should be allowed to become free agents if they don't want to play for him.

Does any NBA team have arabs on the roster?

Yeah, he's a 7'2" center somewhere.

Archived