Will Gustafsson successfully defend his belt?

Spartacus__

He won't get a chance until next year. They will make the fight for lets say September, then Bones will have it delayed till November, then 2 weeks later in November, then he will get hurt training and not be able to fight until February, all while he hopes the UFC forces Gus to fight due to the long layoff.. Bones wants no part of Gus

Gus already defended his belt once. He should defend it again against Jones. I'm thinking he will beat Jones down even worse this time.

But, Jones will do anything in his power to not have to do this rematch. Bank on him trying to get a fight with someone like Luke Rockhold or Chuck Liddell.

Gus already defended his belt once. He should defend it again against Jones. I'm thinking he will beat Jones down even worse this time.

But, Jones will do anything in his power to not have to do this rematch. Bank on him trying to get a fight with someone like Luke Rockhold or Chuck Liddell.

Jones wants this fight. He will do everything in his power to make sure it happens. He wants to prove that Gus took him by surprise in their first fight. Jones will win again, and do a lil better this time. But I expect Gus to once again put up the best fight of all the challengers Jones has faced so far.

Jones wants this fight. He will do everything in his power to make sure it happens. He wants to prove that Gus took him by surprise in their first fight. Jones will win again, and do a lil better this time. But I expect Gus to once again put up the best fight of all the challengers Jones has faced so far.

What possibly makes you feel that Jones wants this fight? Jones got absolutely manhandled in the first fight and did whatever he could to avoid the instant rematch.

What possibly makes you feel that Jones wants this fight? Jones got absolutely manhandled in the first fight and did whatever he could to avoid the instant rematch.

Because he said he wants to fight Gus after Glover.......

I cannot believe how many people think Gus is going to win this next fight. It is not going to happen. Jon Jones is going to dismantle his world this time around, the first fight was a fluke, we all have off nights. I am not even a Jon Jones fan and I think he is going to win this fight easier than the Texiera fight, probably with a finish. Again I could care less about Jon Jones, but one more thing, people have to quit saying he lost that first fight just because they dislike him. If someone wins a fight, even if you're a hater you have to give them credit, and the guy won the fight. He didn't win impressively, but there is no way he lost that fight. If you truly think Gus won that fight, which would have been cool, you need to watch it again now that it has been awhile. I watched the fight like three times, and its clear to me Jones won. Even at the press conference Saturday night Dana White said that there is no way Jones lost the first fight, and he is brutally honest when it comes to talking about fights. He will talk about how a fighter fought terrible and lost a fight while they are sitting next to him. People just wanted Jones to lose so badly that, that's what they saw. I saw a close, hard fought fight, where the challenger did not do enough to win, and when it mattered most didn't do enough to win the fight. Defending someone's wrestling and taking them down in one round doesn't win a fight. Its impressive and surprising, but not worthy of a victory.

I cannot believe how many people think Gus is going to win this next fight. It is not going to happen. Jon Jones is going to dismantle his world this time around, the first fight was a fluke, we all have off nights. I am not even a Jon Jones fan and I think he is going to win this fight easier than the Texiera fight, probably with a finish. Again I could care less about Jon Jones, but one more thing, people have to quit saying he lost that first fight just because they dislike him. If someone wins a fight, even if you're a hater you have to give them credit, and the guy won the fight. He didn't win impressively, but there is no way he lost that fight. If you truly think Gus won that fight, which would have been cool, you need to watch it again now that it has been awhile. I watched the fight like three times, and its clear to me Jones won. Even at the press conference Saturday night Dana White said that there is no way Jones lost the first fight, and he is brutally honest when it comes to talking about fights. He will talk about how a fighter fought terrible and lost a fight while they are sitting next to him. People just wanted Jones to lose so badly that, that's what they saw. I saw a close, hard fought fight, where the challenger did not do enough to win, and when it mattered most didn't do enough to win the fight. Defending someone's wrestling and taking them down in one round doesn't win a fight. Its impressive and surprising, but not worthy of a victory.

"I'll write a huge paragraph... that'll show them!"

Jokes aside ... I really hope Gus puts a beat down on Jones but ... this will be a whole different fight and Jones will be getting a dominant UD or even a finish !

I still think Jones overlooked Gus TDD and came to that fight ASSUMING he was gonna go there, eat some shot but put Gus on his back anytime he wanted and finish from there. Well, after he realized he could NOT put Gus down then he got frustrated because that was the plan A.

Also, I think Jones didn expect Gus to be so effective with his strikes (specially when Jones was used to face smaller dudes).

Do I know what Jones will do different ? No I dont know but I got a feeling (hope Im wrong) he will surprised Gus with something new !

He defended it against Manuwa already.

This is his 2nd title defense.

All the fools backing the choe moe horse fail to realize Gus the destroyer will come back improved. Just like he did when he truely lost to mr talked to much last fight wonderful. Gus will be using cheat moves and even more un seen things best believe it. Has jones faced finger jabs and or knee capping kicks? What if he did all of a sudden? I'm sure gus and his coaches have been paying attention to the way to get the belt and keep it by possibly blinding people. Gus has the reach, better boxing, better wrestling take downs and take down defense, and more than likely better kicks.

Funny how people say he overlooked Gus.....It was 5 rounds...At some point he could have changed things up to where he dominated him. He did better in the later rounds but it shouldn't take that long if it is just under estimating him. If you get tagged and think oh shyt I need to take this dude seriously that is different then if you under estimate your opponent and try to do what you usually do but whif on your flashy strikes and keep going tagged. Yeah he probably realized he under estimated him during the fight but he couldn't do anything about it. This next fight his flashy stuff still won't work. He will chase Gus on all fours and try to take him down by his ankle while Gus pull away. He couldn't do his usual stuff because he didn't have the reach advantage or quicker.

Nothing is going to change unless Gus stopped working on TDD then Jones will take it to the ground and stay away from the stand up game. Jones has nothing new to offer this next fight. He tried to get serious in the last fight but still barely won. This time Gus won't gas and will take the last rounds. Even when Gus was gassed and nothing covering up Jones couldn't finish him.

Jones is way more unorthodox than Gustafsson, which means there's plenty more for Gus to be better prepared for next time around than the other way around.

Gus will be way more comfortable on the feet knowing Jones' TDs suck donkey balls. This means death for Jones. Oh, and death for his skinny legs.

Yes he will. Last time Gust was only Goin 80 percent! US Will have to give up one of their belts to the Swede... Buts it still should be a good fight especially if Gust decides to keep it going for the fans! Gust could end the match in the third round if he chooses too.

Gus is no can, but Jones is 3 levels above him. You can't blame Gus for Jones being that good.

I will blame whoever I want to blame mother****erWho do you blame for Jones being that goodWhy do you ****ing care? He's got the right to blame anyone the **** he wants.

Gus is no can, but Jones is 3 levels above him. You can't blame Gus for Jones being that good.

I will blame whoever I want to blame mother****erWho do you blame for Jones being that goodWhy do you ****ing care? He's got the right to blame anyone the **** he wants.

@munkie‌ come back and show these clowns how it's done.

Archived