Jon Jones Eye Pokes

Spartacus__

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he needs to measure the distance by extending his hands and all of the pictures clearly shows that all of his opponents were trying to hurt his fingers by their eyes so not Jones fault :)) . The sad thing is that he really does not need to poke eyes to win most of these fights.

it does feel like refs never take points away unless it's obvious that it's not going to change the outcome of the fight, especially in title fights... when a guy lose his belt because of an eye poke people are gonna start being a big more careful with this whole thing of leaving their hands wide open all the time. And wtf is that about close your ****ing fists ffs.

Again, mma refs are a joke. Think of how much more complex refereeing is in the NFL...WAYYY more rule infractions to watch for. Yes, they too make mistakes, but in the case of mma, I think it's more a case of simple incompetence or that of willfully turning a blind eye...except for that of touching the cage, of course. 8-|

"Well, he is the champ...so I'll just let those blatant eye pokes slide. Besides, if I call a penalty, I might get boo'd or make Dana angry."

NFL players don't get warnings...they're required to know and obey the rules and regs. So...

Again, mma refs are a joke. Think of how much more complex refereeing is in the NFL...WAYYY more rule infractions to watch for. Yes, they too make mistakes, but in the case of mma, I think it's more a case of simple incompetence or that of willfully turning a blind eye...except for that of touching the cage, of course. 8-|

"Well, he is the champ...so I'll just let those blatant eye pokes slide. Besides, if I call a penalty, I might get boo'd or make Dana angry."

NFL players don't get warnings...they're required to know and obey the rules and regs. So...

lmfao.....

implying that NFL refs are any better is the real joke here.

lmfao.....

Yes, there's more refs on the field to watch different zones in football (also challenges and instant replay), but there's way more rule infractions to watch out for...and only split seconds to make the call on a fast moving game of inches.

Being an mma ref would be a piece of cake in comparison.

lmfao.....

Yes, there's more refs on the field to watch different zones in football (also challenges and instant replay), but there's way more rule infractions to watch out for...and only split seconds to make the call on a fast moving game of inches.

I'm pretty sure reffing human ****fighting is harder than reffing a game where a bunch of dudes in spandex wrestle for a ball

lmfao.....

I'm pretty sure reffing human ****fighting is harder than reffing a game where a bunch of dudes in spandex wrestle for a ball

Not even close. What does an mma ref have to watch out for? Mostly just grabbing the fence, strikes to the back of the head, 12-6 elbow strikes, and eye pokes. Most 10 year olds could handle that...whereas football, there's countless rules to watch for.

lmfao.....

Human ****fighting is easier because there are no rules.

lmfao.....

Not even close. What does an mma ref have to watch out for? Mostly just grabbing the fence, strikes to the back of the head, 12-6 elbow strikes, and eye pokes. Most 10 year olds could handle that...whereas football, there's countless rules to watch for.

lol, cmon man.

a MMA ref is looking after a fighters life and well being.

lmfao.....

Human ****fighting is easier because there are no rules.

yeah last night I saw there were no rules

I saw some 6 foot 5 black guy gouge some poor white mans eyes out and then attempt to break his knee with a kick

lmfao.....

lol, cmon man.

a MMA ref is looking after a fighters life and well being.

In that case, send the fighters to a crisis counselor, because the mma refs clearly are not doing their job.

I appreciate the satire being displayed here by the OP however the pictures posted do not necessarily indicate that Jon Jones intentionally eye pokes his opponents. I believe that the these pictures serve as examples of how Jon Jones tries to utilize his reach advantage to cover his opponents eyes when they aggressively charge forward. Given the nature of the technique, Jon Jones often ends up poking his opponent in the eye.

No one can definitively know whether the actual poke is on purpose or not. Either way, this stems from him trying to cover the eyes which is perfectly legal.

I appreciate the satire being displayed here by the OP however the pictures posted do not necessarily indicate that Jon Jones intentionally eye pokes his opponents. I believe that the these pictures serve as examples of how Jon Jones tries to utilize his reach advantage to cover his opponents eyes when they aggressively charge forward. Given the nature of the technique, Jon Jones often ends up poking his opponent in the eye.

No one can definitively know whether the actual poke is on purpose or not. Either way, this stems from him trying to cover the eyes which is perfectly legal.

I'm sure Jones would tell anyone that would listen that he didn't intentionally drive under the influence and smash into a pole with a few young girls in his car as well. Unfortunately for Jones, this forum isn't a Court of Law and he will get judged upon, not what can be definitely proved but, what is blatantly obviously.

He's a grub and fights dirty.

LoL

What do you mean? We are clearly telling it was unintentional. Every. One. Of. Them.

What do you mean? We are clearly telling it was unintentional. Every. One. Of. Them.

The refs are afraid to take a point away from Jones, for fear of what he would do to them.

The refs are afraid to take a point away from Jones, for fear of what he would do to them.

they just value their eyeballs, without them they would have no job.

they just value their eyeballs, without them they would have no job.

Without the fighters they would have no jobs.

He's using a technique, which I think is a puss move, that keeps people at a distance, when you can't see, you're a less effective stiker. He will put his fingers out there and if you run into then, well, that's your fault, it's that kind of technique. It's a crap way of fighting but it's worked for him so far. He couldn't utilize the move properly again a guy with a longer reach and didn't do it as often, but with shorter guys he can do it all the time. Until it's illegal to put your hand out and touch the guys head and face, i don't think there's anything they can do unless he keep poking them in the eyes multiple times.

Meh I think it's more to keep them out of reach. If it was to cover their eyes he could do the same by keeping his fingers together and turning his hand to the side. That would actually accomplish what you are saying he does it for. When he does that he doesn't strike right away, all he does when he does that is keep that at bay. Could accomplish the same task doing something different and get better results. Definitely wouldn't say it's to cover their eyes. He literally has enough reach to literally put his palm on their eyes and still be out of range if thats what he wanted to accomplish.

Y'all act like little sissy girls up in here. We enjoy watching two warriors fight in a locked cage.. We cheer like mad men when one guy gets knocked unconscious, or gets a limb snapped in half.. to see y'all complaining bout an eye poke is quite humorous.

Y'all act like little sissy girls up in here. We enjoy watching two warriors fight in a locked cage.. We cheer like mad men when one guy gets knocked unconscious, or gets a limb snapped in half.. to see y'all complaining bout an eye poke is quite humorous.

Exactly! We like mad men knocking each out out. Not a mad man trying to beat a blind guy.

Exactly! We like mad men knocking each out out. Not a mad man trying to beat a blind guy.

I suggest you never watch Jones vs Hamill then. Blind + deaf was a scary thing to see.

What Jones did and the ref allowed for was PATHETIC.

He very effectively stopped Tex from getting within the distance where he could actually punch Jones.

How on earth was he allowed to just keep putting fingers in his opponent's' eyes like that?

I hate that, I despise it, and Jones deserves no mercy for doing this. Karma should come back to him.

I hope Cormier or Gustafsson get in touch with Seagal (he must've called them anyway already, haha), although I wish it is Daniel, so Master Seagal would teach them some lethal tricks.

Are you more for punching Jones fingers or catching them and snapping in half?

"Jones vs Cormier, round 2 of the long awaited championship fight, Jones has poked Daniel in the eyes several times already. He extends his hand once more pressing all of his fingers into Daniel's eye sockets. Cormier has had enough of it though! He grabs those fingers and twists them cranking in all directions then uppercuts Jones brutally who then collapses crying."

What's your reaction?

20140426_jla_gb3_349.jpg.0_standard_709.0.jpg

I haven't seen a discussion about this on here but what the hell was with those eye pokes?

I'm pretty ambivalent about Jon Jones in general, don't like him don't hate him. But those eye pokes were ridiculous. For one, he shouldn't be allowed to keep his open-palmed hand out there like that. It's pretty clear that he was waiting for Glover to move back or move his head at all so Jon's fingers would "fall" into his eyes, but it was pretty clear he was doing it on purpose. It should have been Miragliotta's job to enforce that ****. You're just asking for problems doing that. He should have at LEAST been warned, if not had a point taken away. If he does that **** against Alex I may have a brain aneurysm.

Archived