Sign in to follow this  
Spartacus__

Jon Jones Eye Pokes

Thank you for making such an under-discussed topic. Can you do one on Condit vs Diaz next? I don't think we really said all we needed to say about that either. Maybe after that we can get around to tackling GSP vs Hendricks, didn't hear any talk about that at all.

Can you do one on Condit vs Diaz next?

Lol that never gets old.

I'd welcome a Diaz/Condit thread.

It's all you haters and fake Gus fans talk about. Eye poke, run, eye poke run... rinse repeat.

Jones destroys ur fav fighter, get over it.

This.....I have seen worst eye pokes from other fighters and here Glover was actually fine......it wasn't a bad poke. These boys just grab their blanky, kneel by the bed and pray that JBJ loses, hate too strong.

Only the fans who hate JBJ do the complaining.....meanwhile the loser (Glover) said that JBJ was simply the better fighter as most fighters do when they lose to Jones because he is a BEAST! \:D/

Only the fans who hate JBJ do the complaining.....meanwhile the loser (Glover) said that JBJ was simply the better fighter as most fighters do when they lose to Jones because he is a BEAST! \:D/

It's called taking it like a man... Some fighters go on a mangina tour.

It's all you haters and fake Gus fans talk about. Eye poke, run, eye poke run... rinse repeat.

Jones destroys ur fav fighter, get over it.

What was choe moe jones running at 50 % when he whooped glogoat or something? Can't wait to see a 100 % choe moe again, when he tries eye pokes and gets jabbed half way to death by gus the destroyer.

Not a jones hater at all. Actually dude is really talented can't deny that. But still the way he was pawing out with open hand on gloves face was brutal. I think if your going to strike or even gauge range with your reach you should be making a fist. The way he kept doing it even after the warning he should have lost a point. Now would it have prevented glover from getting dismantled not Likely. But it doesn't make it right.

Not a jones hater at all. Actually dude is really talented can't deny that. But still the way he was pawing out with open hand on gloves face was brutal. I think if your going to strike or even gauge range with your reach you should be making a fist. The way he kept doing it even after the warning he should have lost a point. Now would it have prevented glover from getting dismantled not Likely. But it doesn't make it right.

They are fighting in a cage. God damn you peeps are whiny lil girls about this. Oh no he extended his arm and pushed his head, oh no my favorite fighter might get poked in the eye, oh no he's not allowed to put his arm out like that.

Stuff it softies.

They are fighting in a cage. God damn you peeps are whiny lil girls about this. Oh no he extended his arm and pushed his head, oh no my favorite fighter might get poked in the eye, oh no he's not allowed to put his arm out like that.

Stuff it softies.

if anyone was doing that **** to jones every fight you would freak out, dont play it off like we're whining about it. It's a legitimate concern.

Stuff it softies.

if anyone was doing that **** to jones every fight you would freak out, dont play it off like we're whining about it. It's a legitimate concern.

Anyone can do it to Jones. What's stopping them? There is no rule about it. It's a tactic he uses to keep his opponent at bay and gage range. Fighters do this crap all the time, I could care less.

Stuff it softies.

What's stopping them?

The will not to cheat.

Stuff it softies.

Anyone can do it to Jones. What's stopping them? There is no rule about it. It's a tactic he uses to keep his opponent at bay and gage range. Fighters do this crap all the time, I could care less.

10 to 12 inches of reach? Maybe the knee capping in progress?

PIkprkZ.gif

Aikido only works on compliant cooperative bums and even then it's situational. Seagul is a fraud and a joke.

This. Learning Aikido is more akin to going to ball room dancing class than is it to learning to fight.

I'm fairly sure that would count as small joint manipulation, and would result in a DQ.

Punching the fingers would be fine

Well eye pokes are supposed to be against the rules too, but no ref really gives a **** about that

Maybe because the fingers were almost always just on his forehead? When they did stray into the eyes Jones was called for it, which was what, once? Besides, there was nothing stopping Glover from brushing them aside

Well Judo could work if someone wanted to attempt a drop seoi nage or similar on the stretched out arm. Aikido would require Jones to be the aggressor and his opponent would need to flow with him around the cage which won't happen

Stuff it softies.

lol at us being softies when he clearly poked a guy in the eye multiple times, Glover brushed a few off and kept going but that doesn't mean they weren't illegal. Go let someone poke you in the eye 3 times during a fight and then let's see if you are concentrating on the fight or on that guy's fingers in your face the rest of the time and then try to tell me that they don't make a difference.

Stuff it softies.

lol at us being softies when he clearly poked a guy in the eye multiple times, Glover brushed a few off and kept going but that doesn't mean they weren't illegal. Go let someone poke you in the eye 3 times during a fight and then let's see if you are concentrating on the fight or on that guy's fingers in your face the rest of the time and then try to tell me that they don't make a difference.

I was just messing around lol. All the Jones hate I was reading inspired me to jump on Jones nuts and rustle some peeps.

Yea I'm sure it sucks getting poked in the eyes. After Mirgs warned Jones he did start to make a noticeable effort of palming the forehead of Glover, keeping his fingers out of his eyes. I believe it's instinct for Jon to do that, and I do not believe he does it to intentionally poke people in their eyes.

You retards are starting to make Cripta look normal. Glover did nothing but box......IN AN MMA TITLE FIGHT and was dominated everywhere, eye pokes or no. He went in that fight completely telegraphed, approaching the fight just like Rampage did and gained a much deserved loss for it.

I don't think that he pokes them on purpose wither but as much as he uses that technique it's going to happen.

Yea he does use it A LOT. It's unfortunate the fingers stick out of the gloves and jam into people's eyes, because that technique is quite effective. I do the same thing when I spar sometimes (boxing gloves tho). It works well to frustrate and distract your opponent, keeping him at bay until your ready to strike.

Why delete it? Just edit the title to ''who is the dirtiest fighter in the UFC'', and you have a 5* thread.

Done

P5P Edit, probably the best edited post in forum history.

=D>

Jones felt Glovers strength in that first round. Glover did a 70% takedown attempt and jones was 90% down do the math. Jones had to resort to eye pokes and illegal 12 to 6 shoulder locks to retain his title by controversial decision. In a rematch a healty glover finna throw Jon's for 5.

Aikido only works on compliant cooperative bums and even then it's situational. Seagul is a fraud and a joke.

This. Learning Aikido is more akin to going to ball room dancing class than is it to learning to fight.

Ball room dancing is legit.

You retards are starting to make Cripta look normal. Glover did nothing but box......IN AN MMA TITLE FIGHT and was dominated everywhere, eye pokes or no. He went in that fight completely telegraphed, approaching the fight just like Rampage did and gained a much deserved loss for it.

What do you do against a guy that if you kick a lot he'll catch it and take you down where he's pretty dangerous with elbows from the top and even if you defend it well the struggle will tire you out both physically and mentally and getting busted up early in a 5 round fight where you know the other guy can go, go, go weighs on a person mentally. They are sort of in a tense panic like state always on guard because Jon keeps the pressure on and any moment here comes an explosive series of brutal hellbows. Just the threat of that means they can never quite relax and get much going and they will try to scramble to get up and when they do he just controls them shutting it down then he goes right back to work attacking.

What do you do against a guy that can pick you apart from a distance with eye pokes or the threat of eye pokes, straight low line kicks which are harder to catch or deflect and with his reach he can walk you down making you back up and take away your forward momentum making retaliation strikes easier to see coming & weaker, and if you rush him to get inside he checks you with elbow, takes you down off a shot, or clinches where he's great with hand fighting, trips & throws and can dirty box, elbow & knee well or attack your neck or your arm.

The thing about Jon is he's shutting opponents game down until they're timid to try much then he takes over. He's playing all distances and areas to his advantage and to his opponents detriment. It's not that he's so much better than everyone else at everything, it's that he covers his weak spots in a way that a person will have to expose themselves to get around it or become passive.

If the ref takes a point from Jones for eye gouging, I wonder how he'll react. Probably the same way most spoiled brats react when they're finally called on their bad behavior.

Lol hes a dirty cheating criminal pedo **** but at the same time that was some grade A rustling. Well done

my best move was to sign him for my camp, no matter what happens it will be a win for me. I used to hope for him to lose before (even though i knew it won't happen) now when he wins i at least benefit form it with my camp :P

on topic, very classy jones, as usual :)