Who wins it - Rumble vs Rashad

Rumble just SKY-ROCKETED up the rankings. He's at # 5 now. DC and Hendo are fighting, Shogun just lost, Glover will be out for a while with his shoulder injury... so that leaves Tashad and Rumble to tango.

Yea, I realize they are good friends and training partners, but the fight easily makes the most sense right now. Unless DC or Hendo get's hurt and Rumble steps in, this is the fight I want next.

Not sure if they will agree to fight each other (I get the feeling Rumble really looks up to Rashad), but for the sports sake I hope they do.

Keep in mind they both man handled Davis... it should be interesting to see if Rashad can get Rumble down to the mat.

Here's my quick little breakdown:

Rashad:

Better cardio

Better wrestling

Experience advantage

Suspect chin

KO power

Rumble:

Physically Stronger

Better striker

More tools on the feet

More agressive

Questionable submission defense

Never been rocked

Keep in mind they both man handled Davis... it should be interesting to see if Rashad can get Rumble down to the mat.

Here's my quick little breakdown:

Rashad:

Better cardio

Better wrestling

Experience advantage

KO power

Physically Stronger

Better striker

More tools on the feet

More agressive

Never been rocked

Rumble:

Questionable submission defense

Fixed. Rumble is good but RaGOAT is on another level

You're absolutely right...there is no one else available for either one of them in the top 10,

Though I don't think they'll fight because, yes, they are good friends. Besides, if Evans is still injured, it won't matter. They'll probably just give Johnson a non contender or he'll wait for the winner (or loser) of Hendo vs Cormier.

Too bad Thiago Silva is no longer available.

And how the **** does Rashad have a suspect chin? He has been knocked out once in his life by one of the best strikers in the ufc

He gets rocked pretty easy now a days. Hey man, he's been around for a lonnnngg time. His chin used to be BEAST, but it fades with time. I meant no disrespect to Rashad, he's one of my fav fighters.

I still think Rumble beats him tho.

And how the **** does Rashad have a suspect chin? He has been knocked out once in his life by one of the best strikers in the ufc

^^^ So true, happens all the time that when a guy gets KO'ed once, all of a sudden he is labelled 'chinny' which is BS in this case. If Rashad can take Hendo's and Rampage's shots, he should be able to take Rumble's OK.

Bro.....

Two troll threads in one day is too much

I'm serious this time lol. Rashad is beast, no question about that. But the way he talks about Rumble makes me believe Rumble would beat him in a fight. Would that be the case say 5 years ago? I don't think so, but Rashad is getting up there in ring years, hes no spring chicken anymore, and Rumble is. Besides they train together, Rumble knows whats what with Rashad (and vice versa), but I don't think Rashad can handle this young hungry kid.

^^^ So true, happens all the time that when a guy gets KO'ed once, all of a sudden he is labelled 'chinny' which is BS in this case. If Rashad can take Hendo's and Rampage's shots, he should be able to take Rumble's OK.

I said suspect chin, not brendan shaub chin....

He gets rocked every other fight now a days (or so it seems). What is so hard to understand? Fighters "lose" there chins after all the wars they've been in throughout the years. It's just the natural course of things within the human body. No shame in it whatsoever.

In a 5 round fight I am 100% sure Rashad would win

In a 3 round fight I am also 100% sure Rashad would win

You think he can get Rumble down to the ground? I'm not so sure. I forgot the article I read but if I recall Rashad was saying how Rumble throws him around in practice? Maybe i'm wrong, don't quote me on that, but I remember Rashad saying something along those lines.

I honestly don't know, as I could see either guy winning. Yes, that is a cop out answer, but Rashad's been very inconsistent for the past few years. The performance he put up against Lil Nog was horrible - if he brought that game to fight Rumble he'd get smashed. On the other hand, a top form Rashad would probably edge Rumble. I think it's a pick 'em fight.

This is clearly the fight to make. Bader would get KO'd with the quickness. And beyond him who else is there? Chael? Shogun?

Shogun would be a good fight, but he's coming off a loss. If Rumble and Rashad won't fight then I guess Shogun is my next pick.

I would pick Rumble. Now in my opinion, Rashad uses his wrestling better in fights than Phil Davis does because Evans puts striking and takedowns together, while Davis goes straight for a single or double leg every time without using any striking to set it up, that's why it was so predictable when he fought against Rumble. So it would be interesting if Rumble could defend a takedown from him. But the reason why I am picking Rumble is because I think he has better striking than Evans does. Evans is probably faster with his punches, but Rumble is lighting quick and has great timing with his kicks. I think Rumble would find a way to defend Evans takedowns, especially if they are up against the cage because Rumble is stringer and bigger than him, and he would find a home for his right hand and beat him by UD.

Rumble via UD

Rumble and Rashad won't fight mostly because they are friends but also Rashad is still injured. I could see Rumble and Glover fighting each other next or Rumble fighting the Bader/Cavalcante winner

Glover's shoulder is torn up, he won't be fighting for a lil while.

Why would Rumble take 10 steps back and fight a no name in Cavalcante, or a never has been in Bader?

they are best friends i highly doubt they will fight

i expect to see

johnson vs manuwa

That would be a travesty. No way should Rumble have to waste his time with Manuwa.

If anything, Shogun.

the lhw division is all matched up and johnson beat 1 guy who had terrible standup anyway. It makes sense and if he gets past manuwa he gets a contender fight, if he loses who cares..

Archived