Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

NetshadeX

I might as well play titanfall at the rate COD is moving into futuristic games. I would rather have a WW1 or 2 game again.

I don't agree, a lot of this stuff isn't all that unthinkable or already exists in a different form. Helmets with full visors feeding info already exist. the mobile kevlar screen is pretty cool and would actually work against small projectiles. Also they already had small hovercrafts back in the 80's. Mech suits can be done as well, it's just that they are/would be too costly for what they deliver.

Cost is really the only thing holding this tech back. high tech battlesuits are to expensive to outfit government soldiers with. But PMC's on the other hand...you should check out this vid:

I might as well play titanfall at the rate COD is moving into futuristic games. I would rather have a WW1 or 2 game again.

I just had a conversation a couple of days ago with a friend, where we both agreed that we'd love to see them go back to WW2 for at least one game. This modern/near future stuff is getting kind of boring to me.

I'd really like to see a new WW2 Battlefield game. They never really went back to WW2 after the original.

I don't agree, a lot of this stuff isn't all that unthinkable or already exists in a different form. Helmets with full visors feeding info already exist. the mobile kevlar screen is pretty cool and would actually work against small projectiles. Also they already had small hovercrafts back in the 80's. Mech suits can be done as well, it's just that they are/would be too costly for what they deliver.

Cost is really the only thing holding this tech back. high tech battlesuits are to expensive to outfit government soldiers with. But PMC's on the other hand...you should check out this vid:

FPS with wallrunning, cloaking, mini mechs, and futuristic guns. Remind you of anything? I know a lot of tech is possible currently but durability and dependability also holds it back not just the price. They might as well call it COD: Crysis or COD:Titanfall

Right now we have Titanfall that is taking up the futuristic FPS for xbox, then we have Destiny coming out in October. They are making a mistake and people have been falling for their hype to only be disappointed for the last 2-3 games now. I'm sure they will still sell but I don't see them breaking any records. I for one will wait until it comes out to even consider buying it.

World at war was the closest we got and that game was pretty underrated when it came out. I really enjoyed it even with the tanks.

So did I. I thought the tanks were terrible, but I enjoyed almost everything else about World at War.

Eventhough I realize it's hip to hate on Call of Duty, the last game had a really good singleplayer game, far superior to BF4 or Killzone. Just keep in mind that CoD isn't just about online. The whole PMC thing they adress this time is intrigueing to me and again, how can Kevin Spacey in a videogame story possibly be a bad thing.

Kevin Spacey kicks **** and I've never gave COD any undue hate. I've spent a ton of time on the older ones but it just isn't the same anymore. I actually think that Ghosts was better than MW3 or BO2 but I quickly lost interest and futuristic isn't the direction I wanted them to go.

Very few people buy the game for the campaign, the multiplayer is what sells. If I just want to play the campaign I could rent it for a week or two and beat it.

Eventhough I realize it's hip to hate on Call of Duty, the last game had a really good singleplayer game, far superior to BF4 or Killzone. Just keep in mind that CoD isn't just about online. The whole PMC thing they adress this time is intrigueing to me and again, how can Kevin Spacey in a videogame story possibly be a bad thing.

It is actually the opposite, it's hip to buy COD every single year, no matter how much they disappoint you.

I don't care about the campaign, I never buy a shooter for the campaign.

Buying CoD every year, no matter how much they disappoint is just as hip as saying "i don't care about the campaign, I never buy a shooter for the campaign."

just sayin.

Can you reword this please, I honestly can't tell what side of the debate you are on with this post.

I think what you are trying to say is that me saying I don't buy shooters for the campaign is as hip as buying COD every year.

You should consider rewording it in the future to be more concise.

I think what you are trying to say is that me saying I don't buy shooters for the campaign is as hip as buying COD every year.

it was worded fine.

It really wasn't though.

You quoted me, but then placed Netshades comment first and then mine, but since you were addressing me, you should have placed my comments first so I know that is what you are responding to.

it was worded fine.

It really wasn't though.

You quoted me, but then placed Netshades comment first and then mine, but since you were addressing me, you should have placed my comments first so I know that is what you are responding to.

Yes it was.

it was worded fine.

It really wasn't though.

an action doesn't need quotes. Someone saying something does.

An Advanced Soldier:

Powerful exoskeletons evolve every aspect of a soldier’s battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization.

The introduction of this gameplay mechanic delivers enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.

With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play Call of Duty across all modes.

lol sound familiar?

An Advanced Soldier:

Powerful exoskeletons evolve every aspect of a soldier’s battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization.

The introduction of this gameplay mechanic delivers enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.

With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play Call of Duty across all modes.

lol sound familiar?

Prequel to titanfall. Confirmed.

Buying CoD every year, no matter how much they disappoint is just as hip as saying "i don't care about the campaign, I never buy a shooter for the campaign."

just sayin.

Yeah exactly, the last COD game I played was Black Ops 2 but I loved the campaigns, always thought they were really fun

Archived