Bellator's gloves, should the ufc use them?

jamamaw

Give it more time. If the gloves prove themselves (not saying they won't), bring them on over to the UFC. Rebney is just hyping his company's creation by saying that injuries have dropped "exponentially". There's always room for improvement in fight gear, and gloves are one of the biggest areas along with cups and mouthguards. I'd like to hear more fighter opinions on actually using the gloves in the cage.

I think we should wait until there's more than nine events worth of data to say that they make any significant difference, but if it turns out that they do, sure. There's nothing negative that could come from it.

Dana did say awhile ago that they were looking into new glove designs to try, and cut down on eye pokes, so it's possible that they're still working on something better than what they've got right now.

Gloves like these deserve to only be used in the premier leagues like Bellator and War MMA

Amateur leagues like the UFC have no need for these gloves, 90% of the fights are overglorified wrasslin matches anyways

Everytime a glorified puncher gets manhandled by a wrestler, I chuckle thinking of all the but hurt fans. Who just wanna see to people "Bang".

Gloves like these deserve to only be used in the premier leagues like Bellator and War MMA

Amateur leagues like the UFC have no need for these gloves, 90% of the fights are overglorified wrasslin matches anyways

Everytime a glorified puncher gets manhandled by a wrestler, I chuckle thinking of all the but hurt fans. Who just wanna see to people "Bang".

20131116_kkt_cs1_437-09ad16031b516d6ba0899343214cbf3e

20131116_kkt_cs1_437-09ad16031b516d6ba0899343214cbf3e

Two Elite Wrestlers and 2 of my favorite guys on the UFC roster. :) thanks for that Carn. You have my condolences for when Brown gets bodied by Ellenberger.

Archived