8. Gray Maynard +2

9. Myles Jury +2

10. Michael Johnson +2

11. Edson Barboza +2

12. Bobby Green +2

13. Rustam Khabilov +2

14. Jorge Masvidal *NR

15. Joe Lauzon *NR

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/5/6/5686972/ufc-rankings-nate-diaz-removed-from-official-list-of-top-15-tj-grant-mma

I don't really have a problem with him being removed since he hasn't fought in five months, and is refusing to take fights that are offered to him, but I do think the UFC should have a clear outline of what constitutes an inactive fighter as far as being ranked goes.

Maynard is still ranked as #8 UFC is full of ****.

These guys are more active and they would beat Maynard easily...

9. Myles Jury +2

10. Michael Johnson +2

11. Edson Barboza +2

12. Bobby Green +2

13. Rustam Khabilov +2

14. Jorge Masvidal *NR

15. Joe Lauzon *NR

ibaDaULt5yC88B_zps1a7c2d48.gif

put up or shut up. Someone needs to tell these guys what its like to have a 9-5 mon-fri that they are stuck in.....Dude can make more in a night than 99% of the world can make in a year and they want to **** and moan about money. Give me a break!!

True to a point but it's not like they show up at the fight with zero training. They put a ton of gym time in, then you have media time, public appearances, etc... so they put their time in.

put up or shut up. Someone needs to tell these guys what its like to have a 9-5 mon-fri that they are stuck in.....Dude can make more in a night than 99% of the world can make in a year and they want to **** and moan about money. Give me a break!!

True to a point but it's not like they show up at the fight with zero training. They put a ton of gym time in, then you have media time, public appearances, etc... so they put their time in.

And they have Sponsorships and endorsments, Not to mention NAME branding for themselves by fighting for the UFC. Look at Mike Swick. He just said that he was making 80 thousand a year from those things Diaz Bros gots a ton bigger name than him!. a 3 month training camp coupled with 4 or 5 pressers. + thats why you have a contract. He signed the contract and he needs to honor it...

9. Myles Jury +2

10. Michael Johnson +2

11. Edson Barboza +2

12. Bobby Green +2

13. Rustam Khabilov +2

14. Jorge Masvidal *NR

15. Joe Lauzon *NR

ibaDaULt5yC88B_zps1a7c2d48.gif

What's so funny here? Maynard got KTFO by Frankie Edgar...

mjl.gif

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-rankings-update

Hot prospect Khabib Nurmagomedov (22-0), coming off another impressive performance in his decision victory over Rafael dos Anjos, jumped up two spots to the No. 4 slot after injured T.J. Grant and inactive Nate Diaz were pulled from the rankings to make way for new possible title contenders.

There is no timetable in place for Grant's return from injury or for Diaz, who has refused to accept bout proposals.

9. Myles Jury +2

10. Michael Johnson +2

11. Edson Barboza +2

12. Bobby Green +2

13. Rustam Khabilov +2

14. Jorge Masvidal *NR

15. Joe Lauzon *NR

lol yes we'll start ranking guys on who they would beat. You know, if they ever fought.

9. Myles Jury +2

10. Michael Johnson +2

11. Edson Barboza +2

12. Bobby Green +2

13. Rustam Khabilov +2

14. Jorge Masvidal *NR

15. Joe Lauzon *NR

lol yes we'll start ranking guys on who they would beat. You know, if they ever fought.

That's how Khabib got to be ranked fourth without beating anyone good.

Dana White:

"Everybody's talking about Nate Diaz being removed. So was TJ Grant. TJ Grant was removed too, for inactivity," White said. "Early on, we let (former champion Dominick Cruz, who is currently the No. 9 ranked bantamweight) hold the title and stay in the rankings for as long as we did. It's unfair to the guys who are active. And when you're in a situation like TJ Grant, who has an injury that's pretty serious, we don't know when he's coming back, you take him out of the rankings.

"When he does come back and starts to fight, he'll get whatever position he's in the rankings again after his first fight back. And the same for Nate Diaz. Nate Diaz is in this position where he's turning down fights, hasn't accepted any fights, has been inactive, and we don't know how long he's going to be inactive. So you take him off the rankings. When he comes in and fights his next fight, they'll rank him again after his fight."

Diaz (17-9) holds a 12-7 record over the course of his eight-year UFC career. He has become a fan favorite over that stretch, as well as becoming one of the biggest draws in the UFC lightweight division due to the exciting style which has earned him 11 post-fight bonuses.

Diaz signed a new contract with the UFC in August 2012 prior to his fight against then-lightweight champion Benson Henderson in the main event of UFC on FOX 5, which he ultimately lost via unanimous decision.

Of late, Diaz has repeatedly voiced his displeasure with the UFC and even tweeted a request asking for his release -- a request which was quickly shot down.

"You know how it is," White said on Wednesday. "You saw what's happened on Twitter and all of these things. He wants to be released, he wants to be paid more money, he wants all this stuff. He just signed a new contract. He's under a new contract right now and we offer him fights. He says he doesn't turn down the fights because nobody responds.

"Just because you don't respond doesn't mean you didn't turn down the fight! Not responding means you turned it down. I don't know how long we're going to play this game, but there's no sense in hurting the other fighters that are staying active and working their way up in the rankings, for a guy who's inactive and we don't know when he's going to fight again. He's still under contract."

www.mmafighting.com

I don't really have a problem with him being removed since he hasn't fought in five months, and is refusing to take fights that are offered to him, but I do think the UFC should have a clear outline of what constitutes an inactive fighter as far as being ranked goes.

100% agree.

If your gonna refuse to fight what business do you have being ranked anways? I could win every fight I fought if I got to hand pick my opponents.

Archived