How did your football team do in the draft?

BruteDion

I think it was an interesting first round

Soooo many Safeties and Cornerback taken this year it's crazy...I think the Seahawks and how they built their team has made a lot of teams focus their DBs and they are looking for the next Earl Thomas or Richard Sherman

I loved my teams pick for their draft spot...my Cowboys took OT- Zack Martin which maybe the second or best over all OT in the draft cuz he can run or pass block with the best of them and is the only OL guy who has played every spot on the O-Line

He has short arms and maybe would be better as a Guard but I still love the pick

Most of all when Jerry had a lot of media pressure to take Johnny football

No lie I was rubbing a Buddha praying we didn't take Johnny Manziel

My Rams got the best OT and DT in the Draft.... Finally Bradford will have protection. And the pass rush even better. Analysts arguably have stated the Rams won the 1st round lottery.

Also the NFC West: Cards, Frisco, Hawks better get some OT and G's or they are gonna have some beaten up QB's after playing the Rams.

My Rams got the best OT and DT in the Draft.... Finally Bradford will have protection. And the pass rush even better. Analysts arguably have stated the Rams won the 1st round lottery.

Also the NFC West: Cards, Frisco, Hawks better get some OT and G's or they are gonna have some beaten up QB's after playing the Rams.

I got love for the Rams cuz of Bradford so I like to see them do good...but the DT I think was a safe pick...he was the best DT for sure and is a good add but I felt they had other needs that could have been taken at that time that would help more

I felt their needs at WR-CB were more important but the rumors are they will try to get Hill the Rb

That's a good add for with Zac Stacy as a good 1-2 punch but I would like them to get the next best WR though

I don't really watch NCAA football. So, I don't really know what kind of skill these guys have.

But, my Packers got Ha Ha Clinton-Dix at Safety. We needed a safety so that was a smart choice. The analysts seemed to talk him up a bit too so that can't be bad.

Plus his name is pretty funny.

On a side note the look on Manziel's face as he sat there waiting and waiting was priceless. Then the look on his face when the Brown's selected him was even better.

He falls all the way down to 22nd pick and still walks out doing the "show me the money" with his hands? LOL

I got love for the Rams cuz of Bradford so I like to see them do good...but the DT I think was a safe pick...he was the best DT for sure and is a good add but I felt they had other needs that could have been taken at that time that would help more

I felt their needs at WR-CB were more important but the rumors are they will try to get Hill the Rb

That's a good add for with Zac Stacy as a good 1-2 punch but I would like them to get the next best WR though

I would have liked to see them take Clinton-Dix, they need a good Safety as well as a CB.

My Pack filled a huge need and got the best player that was available to them at their pick so I'm very happy with the first round pick in Ha ha Clinton Dix. These other rounds though doesn't look too good for them. Fxcking 49ers are taking everybody that the Pack wants. First the Center and now the ILB Chris Borland from Wisconsin. I'm so butthurt. Wanted Van Noy too but he went to our rival Detroit. Damn 9ers have a million picks in these middle rounds and they also have a third round compensatory pick. Hate them and their fans but their front office is doing a great job.

In Ted I trust. Hopefully his magic for finding guys under the radar continues and these guys that I have never heard of surprises me with how they perform.

The Rams are beasting in the draft and I'm not even a fan of them. A great tackle in the first round and the most dominant defensive player in Aaron Donald and they also got a quick RB too for whom I believe is for the special teams with his speed at the combine so Tavon Austin won't have to risk injuries doing special teams. Very interested to see how the Rams do when the season starts. That pass rush is damn scary. Chris Long, Glover Quinn, Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers?? Who are you going to double?? Glad my Pack isn't going up against them. Only other need I really see for them is WR and safety/CB

Picked up a WR in Davante Adams a DT in Khyri Thornton and a TE in Richard Rodgers.

They were damn close to getting Louis Nixx III. ****ing Texans traded up to get him, though. I have heard a lot of good about him.

I think if Sam's combine went better he would have been taken higher. I think he has certainly earned his place in the league, he had a great year last year. Perhaps I am idealistic, but I genuinely don't think his sexual orientation helped or hurt his placement in this years draft. Most of the Defensive Ends this year were taken towards the end, and frankly, his placement seemed about right.

As for my Texans, I feel like we had a great draft this year. Despite waiting a while to pick up a QB, I think we got a steal in Savage that late in the draft. I really didn't see that big of a gap in talent between him and the other QBs outside of the big three (Bortles, Bridgewater, and Manziel). Would I have liked to see Teddy survive one more pick so we could have opened round 2 with him? Sure, but I feel we did a great job gaining a lot of very versatile players. And even if it takes Savage another year to be starter ready (his foot work it the one thing I noticed straight away he needs to improve on) I feel confident in the Fitz/Keenum combo to take us through this year...and who knows, I think Case might just surprise a lot of people this year and prove he is a real solution for the position going forward.

The Vikings had a pretty good draft and after reading some grades on sports sites most of them have them as the highest or one of the highest grades. Time will tell I guess. I think that they reached a little on their first pick but they got an outside linebacker with good potential and LB was probably their biggest need besides a starting QB. Having them trade back up and get Bridgewater was awesome. No one knows when a QB will be good but they have to at least try as our window with AP being awesome is closing. After that they got a D-end, RB, and OG that should all get rotated in plus a few other Corners and D Backs that have some good potential. Overall the only way that I would have been happier is if Bortles would have fallen to them. I like him more than the other QBs.

They hatin' on Sam a lot....he's what he is

A pass rush only guys he will be in like 10 defensive plays a game of he's lucky

A nobody who used the fact that he likes sex with other men to gain publicity.

A nobody?...he was the SEC Co-Defensive player of the year

The kid can ball in his skill set pretty well...he was expected to be a 5th rounder and fell CUZ he came out

Why give up thousands of dollars just to come out?...he will make almost league minimum now when if he was in the 5th he may earn 200k more or even more then that

But if he tries to become a martyr over being a football player I will not support him at all

He's a football player first and a LBGT spokesman after....if after every game he uses his spot in the NFL to make a speech or statement then I'll not be a fan

A pass rush only guys he will be in like 10 defensive plays a game of he's lucky

The kid can ball in his skill set pretty well...he was expected to be a 5th rounder and fell CUZ he came out

Why give up thousands of dollars just to come out?...he will make almost league minimum now when if he was in the 5th he may earn 200k more or even more then that

But if he tries to become a martyr over being a football player I will not support him at all

He's a football player first and a LBGT spokesman after....if after every game he uses his spot in the NFL to make a speech or statement then I'll not be a fan

He fell in the draft because he "sucked" at the combine. If he didn't come out he would be an undrafted free agent.

He didn't do well in the combine, but I think a lot of scouts overvalue the work done at the combine when they should be looking at game film and the competition he's going against.

In the end, he's still the SEC Co-Defensive player of the year. The consensus is that the SEC has been the dominant competitive division in NCAAF for at least half a decade now. I believe scouts and GMs felt that he would bring attention due to his coming out of his sexual orientation to the public and he'd be a distraction for the team to some degree. That's why taking him at the 6th or 7th round would've been good in their perspective. Because if they release him as a later round draft pick, then they don't have to give him an guaranteed money.

He fell in the draft because he "sucked" at the combine. If he didn't come out he would be an undrafted free agent.

Lol there is no way he would have been undrafted cuz of his combine...he did way better at his pro-day which everyone values more in terms of drills

You think the rams drafted him cuz of the publicity?....ur crazy man if you think the rams picked him cuz of him coming out

He's a talented player and would not be co-defensive player if he was not

Every team but 2 had him as a top 5round guy (those two didn't want him at all)...that means he fell cuz of him coming out...no other reason but that

No doubt that him coming out effected his draft selection but he had possibly the worst combine that he could. You have to think about locker room chemistry, how the team will react to having him, and how big of a sideshow his recent fame will be.

You have to consider these facts

"Sam becomes the NFL's first openly gay player to be drafted, and perhaps not so coincidentally, the first SEC Defensive Player of the Year to be selected this late. He is the first not to be taken in the first round since 2006, and perhaps most telling, the average overall draft position for such a player is 12th, while Sam was selected 249th overall."

You also have to consider his college career and combine numbers. His known weaknesses from game film showed that he was undersized, slower than average, and weak for his position. His success was more from the QB/players getting shuffled to him than him being a playmaker and getting through or around the offensive line. His 40 time was very slow for his position and then he had the second lowest bench reps out of any D lineman at 17. There were 190 pound RB's that benched more times than that. After that he had a good broadjump and then the 4th worst vertical. If you consider all of that he was probably drafted right where he should have been as the 5-7 rounds are really gambles and people rise and fall 2-3 rounds all of the time in the drafts. He definitely isn't a sure thing to make it in the NFL and the step up in competition could really make his weaknesses stand out.

Lol there is no way he would have been undrafted cuz of his combine...he did way better at his pro-day which everyone values more in terms of drills

You think the rams drafted him cuz of the publicity?....ur crazy man if you think the rams picked him cuz of him coming out

He's a talented player and would not be co-defensive player if he was not

Every team but 2 had him as a top 5round guy (those two didn't want him at all)...that means he fell cuz of him coming out...no other reason but that

They didn't use a stopwatch for his 40, they used a calendar.

The "experts" gave Houston between a B and an A depending on who's write up you're looking at. I was satisfied with the way they picked. I was never on the Manziel hype train so I thought Clowney was the right pick. Now it's a wait and see with Andre Johnson. His cap hit makes it hard for any team to trade for him or the Texans to release him. If he gets traded, I'd guess it'd be something like Ridley and Mallett from NE.

Archived