Sign in to follow this  
ijosef

I didn't think Spohn's fight was THAT bad.

Sure, it wasn't an exciting fight by any means, but Spohn did what he needed to do and secured the W. Dana White was acting like it was the "worst fight ever" when there have been far worse fights on televised or PPV UFC events. They even beat the dead horse in the next episode, with the fighters being interviewed and saying (they were prompted, I'm sure) how "boring" it was and how it "wouldn't put ***** in seats".

For crying out loud, I've seen far worse lay and pray performances on TUF. There was that Shamar Bailey dude on the Brock/JDS season that laid and prayed like none other. It just comes out of the blue - it wasn't a great fight by any means but it sure wasn't as terrible as they're making it sound.

Definitely better than Colton Smith

Oh, I agree a thousand percent with that. I can't believe I forgot about Colton Smith... then again, maybe I can. My mind just blocked out how incredibly boring his LnP performances are.

One thing I will say in his favor, however, is that he's been on the losing end of some nice beatdowns. Those were entertaining.

Definitely better than Colton Smith

Oh, I agree a thousand percent with that. I can't believe I forgot about Colton Smith... then again, maybe I can. My mind just blocked out how incredibly boring his LnP performances are.

One thing I will say in his favor, however, is that he's been on the losing end of some nice beatdowns. Those were entertaining.

It's funny how they gave him the Smashes and TUF 15 winners and they both destroyed him, it's like the UFC wanted everyone to know that this definitely was the worst season