MATT ****ING BROWN, HOLY ****

That is all

He is a true champ, gets hurt multiple times and just keeps getting back up and coming forward.

Brown is the peoples champ.

True definition of a champ. I'm a huge Diaz brothers fan but I always say that Matt Brown is a Diaz with a brain. He knows how to use his relentlessness and combine it with every aspect of MMA. I wish him all the best and I could see him beat anyone at WW

Im not even a matt brown fan but man that fight... you can't deny brown anymore he has to get a title shot

Honestly, how can you not be a fan of Brown? Do you like watching men hug each other for 25 min or something??

Just never been a fan of his and im not going to pretend I am or have been now that he is on a 7 fight winning streak and beating on people

Im not even a matt brown fan but man that fight... you can't deny brown anymore he has to get a title shot

Honestly, how can you not be a fan of Brown? Do you like watching men hug each other for 25 min or something??

Just never been a fan of his and im not going to pretend I am or have been now that he is on a 7 fight winning streak and beating on people

It's not about all that, it's just the dudes style is so entertaining. He doesn't come to spar or shadow box, he doesn't lay and pray, he doesn't wall and stall. He has power, throws dirty combos, and uses unorthodox techniques. He is always pushing forward, and fights at such a high intensity it makes ur adrenaline rise just from watching him. Fighters like him are the reason MMA became so popular in the first place, you can't hate on that.

Sure he's got a glass body, and his submission defense used to be god awful, but dude throws down like the best of em.

Silva won by TKO round 1 Herb just wasn't looking so he forgot to jump in early! having said that I'm glad he missed that because the rest of that fight was sick! he still goes down to pretty much all of the top 5 WW.. Entertaining as hell though, up there now in my faves for entertainment only in Cerrone and Wanderlei!

War Brown!

It's not about all that, it's just the dudes style is so entertaining. He doesn't come to spar or shadow box, he doesn't lay and pray, he doesn't wall and stall. He has power, throws dirty combos, and uses unorthodox techniques. He is always pushing forward, and fights at such a high intensity it makes ur adrenaline rise just from watching him. Fighters like him are the reason MMA became so popular in the first place, you can't hate on that.

Sure he's got a glass body, and his submission defense used to be god awful, but dude throws down like the best of em.

I never said I hate him im just not a fan, he isn't one of my favorite fighters. The guy is entertaining as hell but I don't root for him

White said he is going to fight a title contender next, i say give him Maia if you want to test his ground game or Lombard.

Maia? lol he's fighting Alexander Yakovlev or something next, that just shows that he might be in the top 10 but he's not in that same level of fighters that Brown is now in. But I think Lombard makes the most sense since everyone is taken

Don't you think maia would be the toughest fight brown has had?

I think it depends on how the fight plays out, if Maia got it to the ground then it would be a very bad situation for brown, but if it stays standing it's a fairly easy win for him. But I guess that chance of Maia taking it to the ground is what would make it a tough fight. I'd just rather see Brown face someone higher ranked

I do know where you are coming from, just want to see his ground game tested now

yeah I think that's the highest risk fight he could take in the top 10 since that's obviously one of his biggest weaknesses, I think the UFC would be smart to keep Brown from Maia since we all pretty much now Maia won't ever be a title contender after losing to Shields and Rory and I feel like they don't want Brown's momentum to be halted unless it's against another potential title challenger like Lombard, Lawler, etc.

Lombard would ruin Brown. hulk smash takedowns all day long

But if Brown can survive the first round Lombard will be much slower in the latter, and that's when it becomes interesting

Lombard can go hard for threef and i doubt it goes past the first or second anyway. Lombard, Woodley, Hendricks and even Robbie are all really bad match-ups for Brown. All of them are fast, explosive heavy heavy hitters with chins and they can all wrestle.

Even with Matt's durability i don't see him surviving especially with his in your face style. Only chance is he some how lands the perfect shot on the very first exchange and runs right through them like he did Pyle and i don't see that happening even with Pyle that's a 1 in a 100 times that probably happens.

That is all

Quoted for troof. Brown too stronk.

Brown deserves a title shot. He has improved his game, etc, etc, etc but ...

He hasnt faced dudes like Lawler, Diaz, Lombard. Hendricks, Rory, Woodley, Ellenberger and Condit!

Beating EriCAN really doesnt mean much at 170 at this moment.

Please dont get me wrong. Brown is a beast !

Lombard would ruin Brown. hulk smash takedowns all day long

But if Brown can survive the first round Lombard will be much slower in the latter, and that's when it becomes interesting

^^THIS. Hector Bumtard would be an axe murderer in a five minute fight. Unfortunately for him, the fights are 15 minutes (god forbid he ever has to go 25 minutes) and he gasses after the first round.

Anyone hating on Hector's gas tank should rewatch him throw jake around for fifteen mins straight..

you know Jake? the guy that Hendo couldn't stop from LNP'ing him? Brown has former junkie strength, Hector has gorilla strength. not even remotely close.

give brown more crazies for the entertainment factor alone. he can crush cans and win awards all year like Cerrone and never get the title shot because we'd rather not see him lose

Brutal performance by Brown (for the record, I picked Silva).

Hindsight: The UFC ****ed up in not giving him a top-fiver instead of Silva.

But he seemed kinda pricky at the pofpc, and also at the weigh in -- so I think I'll be rooting against him. But don't get me wrong -- he's now one of the fighters I most want to see. I hope they give him Woodley or Lawler.

Brutal performance by Brown (for the record, I picked Silva).

Hindsight: The UFC ****ed up in not giving him a top-fiver instead of Silva.

But he seemed kinda pricky at the pofpc, and also at the weigh in -- so I think I'll be rooting against him. But don't get me wrong -- he's now one of the fighters I most want to see. I hope they give him Woodley or Lawler.

I don't think so, I highly doubt Brown would have been able to put on a FOTY performance against one of the top 5ers, he could you never know but even though Silva was probably too lower ranked for him, he became a pretty big star, won 100k in bonuses and is in contention for FOTY and easily got round of the year.

I think this was the perfect fight for Brown in the end

Anyone hating on Hector's gas tank should rewatch him throw jake around for fifteen mins straight..

you know Jake? the guy that Hendo couldn't stop from LNP'ing him? Brown has former junkie strength, Hector has gorilla strength. not even remotely close.

give brown more crazies for the entertainment factor alone. he can crush cans and win awards all year like Cerrone and never get the title shot because we'd rather not see him lose

what i seen was jake get thrown when attempting takedowns and lombard ploding forward with 0 head movement, if brown lands on him hes out cold.

Archived