Lawler vs Brown makes more sense than Diaz vs Brown

Brady969

I can't believe this (Nick Diaz vs Matt Brown) is even a discussion. Nick Diaz has back to back loses and his last win was against someone in the twilight of their career back in 2011. That's not fair to Matt Brown who has 7 impressive wins in a row. He deserves someone of higher quality both in the octagon and out of the octagon. The only fight that "makes sense" is a fight with someone who is of equal quality. Robbie Lawler. Sorry if I hurt the feelings of the little Diaz hood rat fan boys.

Btw...Robbie Lawler can sell more tickets than Nick Diaz in 2014

i think lombard vs brown makes more sense with winner getting title shot, if lawler beats brown it wont earn him a title shot so the fight makes less sense than lombard vs brown

this would create a true contender fight, i think lalwer should fight woodley

You display classic signs of broken jimmies initiated by a Diaz brother. "Hood rat fan boys"...?

Btw, how are you interviewing Dana and still ****ing about getting free PPVs? Tell Baldy yourself.

Don't be a ****. Me ****ing about a very flawed system that depends on people using their own resources to help the UFC look reputable has nothing to do with this interview. I made my choice to quit ranking months ago and said my peace. I've moved on....how about you?

Brady is a Diaz hater and that's fine but at least keep it real.

7 impressive wins ( none in them top ten ). Nick would trash all of Brown's opponents in record time and wouldn't be in trouble in any of those fights.

"He deserves someone of higher quailty."

You went full retard there^^. Nick is of higher quality at this point until Brown beats or at least bairly loses to a top 5 contender. Nick fought and arguably beat Condit and gave GSP a hard time as well.

Nick makes just as much sense as Robbie as far as quality elite opponent and imo it's a much more fun fight.

7 impressive wins ( none in them top ten ). Nick would trash all of Brown's opponents in record time and wouldn't be in trouble in any of those fights.

You went full retard there^^. Nick is of higher quality at this point until Brown beats or at least bairly loses to a top 5 contender. Nick fought and arguably beat Condit and gave GSP a hard time as well.

Nick makes just as much sense as Robbie as far as quality elite opponent and imo it's a much more fun fight.

His wins (for the exception of BJ Penn in 2011, someone that was on his way out anyways) prior to his loses were to guys in Strikeforce back in 2010. It's been 4 years since he has had a win against guys comparable to the fighters Brown beat. The guys Brown has beat were ALL comparable to those guys back then. Not to mention, Diaz doesn't want to fight. He's out of the game. He blames money for the reason and I get that but he's not hungry to fight. Lawler is.

Are you telling me if Dana offered Lawler and Diaz the same amount of money (a fair amount of average fight money) Diaz would take it? No way...because he's not hungry. When you have to start throwing large amounts of cash at fighters its because they're thinking about money more than winning. I think he's out of the game and I don't believe his performance would be great because of it.

His wins (for the exception of BJ Penn in 2011, someone that was on his way out anyways) prior to his loses were to guys in Strikeforce back in 2010. It's been 4 years since he has had a win against guys comparable to the fighters Brown beat. The guys Brown has beat were ALL comparable to those guys back then. Not to mention, Diaz doesn't want to fight. He's out of the game. He blames money for the reason and I get that but he's not hungry to fight. Lawler is.

Are you telling me if Dana offered Lawler and Diaz the same amount of money (a fair amount of average fight money) Diaz would take it? No way...because he's not hungry. When you have to start throwing large amounts of cash at fighters its because they're thinking about money more than winning. I think he's out of the game and I don't believe his performance would be great because of it.

It's ok Brady you already revealed you're just a hater. For one Nick is on another level than he was in Strikeforce. When Brown starts beating or even doing well and not getting beaten up by the quality of opponents ( Condit/GSP level ) Nick has faced then we can talk. Some of these lesser level guys are almost taking Brown out. Two of them he survived on sheer grit. I'm not saying they are pushovers but do you really think Jordan and Silva would give Nick much trouble? He'd body both of them on the same night in less than 3 rounds.

Nothing wrong with Nick being motivated by money and he deserves a little bit of the GSP money for the kind of fight he always brings. He always has been motivated by money. He never was really all about the fighting but it's all he's done and been good at since he was young. It pays his bills and it's better than a 9 to 5.

If Dana/Joe Silva can make a deal Nick feels is fair enough he'll definitely perform and the way Matt fights i'm sure he'd be plenty motivated.

You display classic signs of broken jimmies initiated by a Diaz brother. "Hood rat fan boys"...?

Btw, how are you interviewing Dana and still ****ing about getting free PPVs? Tell Baldy yourself.

Don't be a ****. Me ****ing about a very flawed system that depends on people using their own resources to help the UFC look reputable has nothing to do with this interview. I made my choice to quit ranking months ago and said my peace. I've moved on....how about you?

Nah I still rank for them. GOATs don't tap out to nickel shortage.

I can't believe this (Nick Diaz vs Matt Brown) is even a discussion. Nick Diaz has back to back loses and his last win was against someone in the twilight of their career back in 2011. That's not fair to Matt Brown who has 7 impressive wins in a row. He deserves someone of higher quality both in the octagon and out of the octagon. The only fight that "makes sense" is a fight with someone who is of equal quality. Robbie Lawler. Sorry if I hurt the feelings of the little Diaz hood rat fan boys.

Btw...Robbie Lawler can sell more tickets than Nick Diaz in 2014

There is absolutely no way Lawler sells more tickets than Diaz.

Brown should get a fight with whoever the UFC decides is next in line for a title shot, whether that happens to be Lawler after he beats Ellenberger or Rory or Lombard.. whoever it is should fight Brown and the winner gets the next shot at Hendricks

As far as I know Hendricks and Condit are gonna be out for a while. So the way I see it, based on the current rankings, winner of Lawler v Ellenberger fights the winner of Rory v Woodley, say, end of September. The winners of those 2 fights meet for #1 contender on the end of year card, which should put the winner of that on schedule to fight Hendricks when he's healthy. While all that is going on Brown can fight Lombard (who has nothing scheduled) with the winner fighting Condit in say, November, with the winner of that fighting for the belt after the previous scenario is done. Seems fighters are more than happy to put off fighting for 6 months or more if it means a title shot. Frankly, I don't agree with Condit being ranked at #4 at all, what with losing 3 of his last 4 but if the UFC wants rankings then they should follow through with them.

Archived