FOTY so far?

najma

I haven't good memory for fights, so I'd like you guys to list the best fights so far this year. Last year was easy - Gus vs. Pokes was the best and most memorable from the moment it happend.

Brown vs. Silva is a good moment to sum the year up so far. How good was this fight?

I remember Hendricks vs Lawler was a great one. I dunno if Hunt vs. Silva from Dec'2013 counts for 2014 as well. Does it?

HenGOAT vs ShoGOD 2

This because both Hendo and Shogun are more dangerous opponents then Bowl Cut Silva will ever be.

Aside from two or three body shots, Silva got whooped.

Dan was getting whooped but gutted it out and landed a perfect punch.

Comebacks > Beatdowns on the FOTY scale.

HenGOAT vs ShoGOD 2

This because both Hendo and Shogun are more dangerous opponents then Bowl Cut Silva will ever be.

Silva almost stopped him with a couple body shots though.

HenGOAT vs ShoGOD 2

Silva almost stopped him with a couple body shots though.

Matt never really looked hurt. Stunned sure, but he recoverd almost instantaneously.

Usually getting dropped or hit with a big shot impairs your abilities the rest of the fight, but it really seems to wake Brown the fluck up and make him more dangerous. Except for about 10 seconds of the fight, Brown thoroughly whooped azz.

Conversely, Hendo was being dominated, picked apart, AND got dropped twice from big shots. His punch came out of nowhere, and he beat a much tougher/more decorated opponent.

Brown vs Silva- it was quite one sided after the first half of the 1st round but still a great fight action packed every second probably the best in the end

Hendo vs Shogun- was another classic had fireworks and a unbelievable comeback

Lawler vs Hendricks- was a really close fight and both went for it best WW title fight I can remember

Tough choice between these for me

Lawler vs Hendricks- was a really close fight and both went for it best WW title fight I can remember

lol Lawler vs Hendricks was a bum fight

both cans were afraid of gassing, so they were throwing little **** strikes the entire fight

and still, they both gassed lmao

I like Lawler though, but he clearly does Bj Penn cardio training

Brown vs Silva- it was quite one sided after the first half of the 1st round but still a great fight action packed every second probably the best in the end

Brown vs Silva had me fired up, when Brown got up in the first and starting lighting Silva up in the clinch my hands started shaking from the adrenaline. I wasn't even that fired up the two times Weidman was ****ing up Andy in the first round.

Those other two fights were good, but this is a clear cut winner so far, the year is still young though.

lol at the cans comparing Hendo's shady TKO to a war like Brown/Silva

Can't believe they stopped that Shogun/Hendo fight, Shogun was definitely still in it and showed impeccable defence

63901.3.jpg

Implying Shogun didn't come back from far worse in the first fight

Can't believe they stopped that Shogun/Hendo fight, Shogun was definitely still in it and showed impeccable defence

63901.3.jpg

Implying Shogun was going to come back.. He didn't, actually. Hendo shattered his nose and put a beating on him. Is normal to fall at the hands of an h-bomb, is normal.

63901.3.jpg

Implying Shogun was going to come back

He was starting to until he got nailed in the back of the head 100 times

63901.3.jpg

That's what happens when your head down **** up, hiding your face in the mat is not a defence

both cans were afraid of gassing, so they were throwing little **** strikes the entire fight

**** off troll

Seriously tho you didn't like Lawler vs Hendricks? I enjoyed it myself I think Robbie could have thrown more power punches and finished it in the 3rd but they were both throwing non stop all 4 and a 1/2 rounds not that many big power punches true but they boxed each others face off and no stalling till the end either.

Also Robbie's cardio isn't that bad lol.

Didn't see this until wandy quoted it.

**** off troll.

63901.3.jpg

That's what happens when your head down **** up, hiding your face in the mat is not a defence

Called a single homie, it's how Shobum ****ed up old man Hendo the first time around

Brown vs Silva had me fired up, when Brown got up in the first and starting lighting Silva up in the clinch my hands started shaking from the adrenaline. I wasn't even that fired up the two times Weidman was ****ing up Andy in the first round.

Those other two fights were good, but this is a clear cut winner so far, the year is still young though.

Lmao yeah I was really fired up for that fight I wasnt quite shaking but still it was intense, I also had money riding on a 3rd round tko as well so that always adds to the adrenaline to I wanted him to win but not too quickly lol.

63901.3.jpg

Called a single homie, it's how Shobum ****ed up old man Hendo the first time around

****ed him up to a decision loss in which is was forced to wrassle

**** I was glad it was on in the early afternoon here. If it had been at night I wouldn't have slept. That fight was the equivalent of meth

Yeah when Brown first went down I got worried especially with the RNC but when he started pouring it on Silva I was yelling at the TV. I kinda felt that way with Lawler when he had Hendricks hurt, but that first round in the Brown vs Silva fight is easily round of the year

**** I was glad it was on in the early afternoon here. If it had been at night I wouldn't have slept. That fight was the equivalent of meth

It happened at like 5/6am here and I couldn't get to sleep for over an hour after watching that

Goat Hendo/Rua and Gus/Jones are certainly in the mix as well..

the first round is hands down the best round so far but the next two were one sided enough where the Hendo KO comeback or the shear competitiveness of Gus/Jones might take it, IMO.

the first round is hands down the best round so far but the next two were one sided enough where the Hendo KO comeback or the shear competitiveness of Gus/Jones might take it, IMO.

Gus vs Jones was last year dude.

Gus vs Jones was last year dude.

oh, damn..

GOAT Knees vs. Saffiedine was the previous FOTY.

UFC164-20130831-01422.jpg

Yo yo yo! I remember that fight was kinda cool. Could you remind me of what exactly happend in it?

All I remember was that the yellow man was very ****y and the finish was a surprise.

Archived