Sign in to follow this  
cashflow

Official Bellator 120 Discussion Thread

I'm a huge rampage fan but i have to amit rampage loss that fight he looked really slow and he got rock in that fight but this robbery was all about money rampage is bellator biggest star and nobody wants to see king mo vs newton 3 anyways robbery submission ko or decision glad to see page get the w

I'm a huge rampage fan but i have to amit rampage loss that fight he looked really slow and he got rock in that fight but this robbery was all about money rampage is bellator biggest star and nobody wants to see king mo vs newton 3 anyways robbery submission ko or decision glad to see page get the w

Rampage doesn't want to fight Newton though since they are training partners and said that he doesn't care about the championship. Could be bad for Bellator even though I think that he will take the fight. No one wants to see Rampage vs Mo 2 after that.

Bellator were stuck between a rock and Bjork's **** ridin' ****. Rampage won't fight Newton and Mo already lost to him twice.

lol, Well Tito's back

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Bellator were stuck between a rock and Bjork's **** ridin' ****. Rampage won't fight Newton and Mo already lost to him twice.

lol, Well Tito's back

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Rampage will injure tito for life

I hope Tito bodies their middleweight champ, that would be hilarious. I also hope MVP loses just to see the rustle. I hope Rampage knocks King Mo the **** out, and they're about to lose Alvarez, so I hope Chandler gets derailed lol.

I just want to see complete chaos.

This.

Bellator is already dead, but if Rampage gets laid on it will be the equivalent of IDYB ****ing the body after it was killed.

lol nearly sig worthy @12er‌

Can't think of a worse case scenario for Bellator...

2 shady robberies

One of those shady robberies killing their biggest potential $ fight.

Boring main event.

A 39 year old who had 1 win since 2006 came in and bodied their P4P fighter.

Dat filler.

lmao Bellator D.O.A.

To be fair: I've been ****ing about Bellator robberies for a very long time. I'd bet that I've counted at least 30 fights in the last year or two where I scored it for the person that didn't win.

That might happen five times a year in the UFC, and all of them will be hometown robberies. Something is going on with the judges at Bellator though. I'm not blaming the judging last night on home cooking, because even the crowd was quiet after that fight. They knew Rampage lost.

I was sitting here pissed the **** off because I bet hard on Rampage right before the fight. His odds dipped really low, so I hopped on board.

Then Jimmy Smith said he scored it for Rampage and I started laughing my **** off because I knew I was about to see some Bellator **** happen.

Congrats to HerpderpMMA for their first successful PPV.

We have a LHW tournament winner who won't fight the champ, "doesn't care about the championship"

They potentially lost their next biggest fight, Alvarez Chandler III

And I swear to God, I saw a HW choke out a WW, I thought I was watching PRIDE for a second.

O yea, MVP was their only saving grace.

Worth every bit of 2.fiddie

We have a LHW tournament winner who won't fight the champ, "doesn't care about the championship"

And I swear to God, I saw a HW choke out a WW, I thought I was watching PRIDE for a second.

lol

That happened. And I'm almost certain I saw Tito inject something into his **** just before the fight.

Bullator is sketchy to say the least.

The ****ed up thing is I just read that in Alvarez's contract it states his last fight before release is "for a guaranteed fight with Chandler" so hopefully Bellator doesn't pull some more shady jew tactics because how ****ed up would it be if Will Brooks gets passed on, then Chandler goes on to win the belt while the guy he just lost to still has the interim belt. lol 8-} Bellator

^^I read that with a wide mouth. Shady. Jew. Tactics.

No wonder we all had it as a draw. Some more of that sketchy Bullator judging.

MVP would be the only upside to that night, but his showboating turned a lot of fans off from him, so even that was a disaster.

Really, the biggest winner of last nights event was Zuffa. I bet Dana made this face when he heard that Tito won.

Screen_shot_2012-02-10_at_11.25.26_PM.png

The ****ed up thing is I just read that in Alvarez's contract it states his last fight before release is "for a guaranteed fight with Chandler" so hopefully Bellator doesn't pull some more shady jew tactics because how ****ed up would it be if Will Brooks gets passed on, then Chandler goes on to win the belt while the guy he just lost to still has the interim belt. lol 8-} Bellator

Its technically out of Bellator's hands though.

Alvarez is holding the ball atm. He could choose to fight Brooks but as per his contract they can't force him.

How many times do I have to say the judging in Bellator is suspect as ****?!

People start up with the "the commission chooses the judges..." ****. So how hard would it be to pay those judges 10x more than they get paid in a night to have them score it a certain way?

lmao,

They care much more about Chandler winning than Rampage, so why didn't they pay off the judges there?

All this rigging the fight crap is nonsense...

This is ****ing MMA! We've been dealing with this since its inception. where have you guys been?

On top of that the fights were really close. Wouldn't call any of them "robberies."

I have exactly one thought on last night's event; it was WONDERFUL to see Tito get at least one more win. The man who turned me from a casual MMA viewer to a fan, my MMA hero, had his hand raised last night. Regardless of the quality of competition, it's still something that brought me great joy to see - and at the end of the day, isn't that what being a fan of sports is all about? The joy of seeing the one(s) you cheer for accomplish their goals.

That's all I really have to say.

chandler getting beat by a fighter who was on a weeks notice for a 5 round fight is embarrassing.

their mw p4p champ getting beat by a retired can (eventhough a weight class higher) after calling tito out himself was embarrassing.

mo vs rampage. display of canniness, wolf-tickets and very bad judging, also embarrassing.

bellator --> embarrassing

Tito getting an LOL win

Chandler getting a WTF loss

MVP Booed

Way too much waiting around

This was an awful event, but in another sense an amazing one for the Lulz alone.

MVP would be the only upside to that night, but his showboating turned a lot of fans off from him, so even that was a disaster.
UFC champ 2015.

t62bbfb_half-trollface.jpg

well i dont know about you guys but i enjoyed the hell out of it, havent laughed so much in a long time.

kongo is always timid, i wish he went berserk mode more often cause he just destroyed that can once he got the rage in him.

MVP messed that guy up which we knew he would but his showboating needs toning down abit, i mean hes fighting nobodies save that for big wins..

shlemenko getting subbed was just embarrassing i mean tito is awful.Really makes their champs look like jokes but on the + side tito will help them sell ppvs.

volkov winning means we see a rematch which should be a 1 sided beat down again.

brooks beating chandler means alvarez may end up having to fight 2 more bellator fights instead of 1. brooks is no joke though, his win over tiger sarnovski showed me he wouldnt be an easy fight.

Jackson vs mo was boring to watch, i thought mo won but im glad we get to see jackson vs newton which should be a far better fight than watching mo get bodied again.

I had Rampage winning Mo ran after the 1st round and any takedown he got he held on to for life and did nothing Rampage didn't land much but he was effective when he did although Mo calling Bjorn out was hilarious

Tito was twice the size of Shlemenko can't believe he actually won tho lol at him thinking he's back

I was shocked Chandler looked so bad Ill will ****ed him up in the 3rd I had it a draw tho

I'm surprised this is not called Official MVP Destroying Another Can Discussion Thread.

These people know:

Page too goaty.

LoL MVP = badass

War British Anderson

He danced, he looked away, he knocked the guy out in the first. Other than being ****y Page looked like a boss.

**** I missed the Page fight, I saw the result but was it good?

Typical MVP fight, except he was EXTRA ****y and toyed with his opponent more than he usually does. Still got the KO with one of those punches that seems like it wouldn't do much damage at all.

Arguably. MVP is that guy you really wanna see fight, even if you want him to get KTFO.

If they hate him enough, it's all good.

wow did king mo ever get robbed

and i loved every minute of it. i cant stand that goof. who the **** does he think he is? GSP?

wow did king mo ever get robbed

and i loved every minute of it. i cant stand that goof. who the **** does he think he is? GSP?

you mean king mo? tyring to laynpray?

Word going around is that the show did 65,000 buys. All things considered, I'd say that's a really good number.

Word going around is that the show did 65,000 buys. All things considered, I'd say that's a really good number.

holy ****

UFC is dead!

Bellator is the future!

Bellator has em all shaking in their boots. I bet Dana is in a meeting with Fertilitos right now to decide how to dump the company on Donald Trump.

Have been hearing the 50k-65k range the last few days and "by all things considered" I'm guessing you're referring mostly to the late main event scratch. I think they deserve a pass but I don't know how this can be considered a good number by any stretch of the imagination. This was basically their "UFC 100" and they sold all kinds of wolf tickets building up to it while also being a cheaper PPV and still has to be considered a disappointment.

Have been hearing the 50k-65k range the last few days and "by all things considered" I'm guessing you're referring mostly to the late main event scratch. I think they deserve a pass but I don't know how this can be considered a good number by any stretch of the imagination. This was basically their "UFC 100" and they sold all kinds of wolf tickets building up to it while also being a cheaper PPV and still has to be considered a disappointment.

All things considered is the main event scratch, being their first PPV, trying to turn a free TV product into a paid product, the price (it wasn't all that much cheaper), being a lesser known promotion etc.

For comparison, TNA Wrestling, a company that is on the same channel as Bellator, in a better time slot, that has run PPVs for years, and consistently gets better ratings than Bellator on a weekly basis, is believed to have done 17,000 buys for their biggest show of the year last October (basically their version of Wrestlemania).

So, I wouldn't say 65,000 is bad at all.

All things considered is the main event scratch, being their first PPV, trying to turn a free TV product into a paid product, the price (it wasn't all that much cheaper), being a lesser known promotion etc.

For comparison, TNA Wrestling, a company that is on the same channel as Bellator, in a better time slot, that has run PPVs for years, and consistently gets better ratings than Bellator on a weekly basis, is believed to have done 17,000 buys for their biggest show of the year last October (basically their version of Wrestlemania).

So, I wouldn't say 65,000 is bad at all.

Not really comparable imo. I would suspect that MMA has a lot more cross over fans, meaning UFC fans would be a lot more likely to order a Bellator PPV than WWE fans would be likely to buy a TNA event. To put it into a more meaningful context, Afflictions 2 PPV's did 100k and 90k with far less marketing/promoting and without an established name. Averaging the numbers, Bellator likely made around $2.5 mil before payouts and when you consider all the bloated contracts on that card they probably were lucky to break even. I guarantee you Viacom is not happy with the number.

Affliction's PPVs had much bigger names that were still relevant at the time. Plus, they were during a time when MMA was a hotter PPV product than it is now, and when there was a lot less MMA on free TV than there is now.

65,000 is certainly not a huge home run, but it's also not a terrible number at all.

Also, as far as what Bellator made, you're not accounting for the cut that the PPV providers take, which is generally around half, so it'd be nowhere near $2.5 Million in PPV revenue.

Affliction's PPVs had much bigger names that were still relevant at the time. Plus, they were during a time when MMA was a hotter PPV product than it is now, and when there was a lot less MMA on free TV than there is now.

65,000 is certainly not a huge home run, but it's also not a terrible number at all.

Also, as far as what Bellator made, you're not accounting for the cut that the PPV providers take, which is generally around half, so it'd be nowhere near $2.5 Million in PPV revenue.

If the UFC threw all of their biggest stars onto one PPV and then did 65K buys the Fertittas and Dana would jump off the stratosphere.

Sherdog reporting that the show did over 100,000, which, if true, would be a massive success:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Source-Bellator-120-Clears-100000-PPV-Buys-68461

Found it interesting that in Eddie's contract he can demand his last fight be on PPV. I just love how Eddie went from being held hostage by Bellator to holding on the cards. Alvarez/Brooks would be a fun fight but not nearly the draw Alvarez/Chandler 3 would have been yet he can still stick it to Bellator and make them put it on PPV if he wants.

Also found it interesting that Bjorn says anything less than 100k buys would have been a big disappointment. Will reserve judgement till the number is confirmed but if a Bellator PPV becomes only annual or even biannual and they consistently only pull 100k that won't be good for the organization in the long run.

I think that the pay per view was a terrible idea for the company even if they get 100k buys. They put all of their star power on one card so now they don't have any decent main events for 3-4 months.