Is Venom Page ready for the UFC?

najma

He destroyed his opponent as if he was nothing, and that while enjoying himself as it he was playing with a 5-year-old kid.

He's awesome. That's a fact.

But I see a possibility of him being another Eric Silva, one who is spectacular when he wins, but when you pressure him effectively he may not have proper defence techniques ready. Especially as you are so used to keeping your hands low. Those kind of fighters have a hard time fighting when they are tired and losing, because their brain is not wired to lift those hands up and protect their chins.

Thoughts?

Definitely not. He could maybe and they just give him another similar experienced level opponent but I think it's better that he gets as much experience fighting a variety of different styled fighters in the regional circuits (including Bellator) before coming to the UFC because they could very well feed him to the wolves and cut him early even though he's exciting

If you think Bellator is just going to let him walk, you're crazy.

They don't own him like they did Alvarez and last time I heard he was on a short term contract. That said he doesn't beat anybody in the UFC's top 10 at WW. Enjoyed his style but Rainy showed the blueprint in the first couple minutes imo. Lots of pressure.

They don't own him like they did Alvarez and last time I heard he was on a short term contract. That said he doesn't beat anybody in the UFC's top 10 at WW. Enjoyed his style but Rainy showed the blueprint in the first couple minutes imo. Lots of pressure.

How do you figure that? Name one decent fighter that has made the trip over from Bellator to UFC.

How do you figure that? Name one decent fighter that has made the trip over from Bellator to UFC.

HectorLombard.jpg

You got me there. However, it seems to me that Lombard always had it in his contract that he didn't have to fight exclusively for Bellator. He was there in the MTV2 days when they didn't have the Viacom (SpikeTV) money and lawyers.

Look at his Sherdog. He was fighting in a few different organizations while still fighting with Bellator. I can't name anybody that's allowed to pull that off now. So I would assume they're not letting guys hop over to the UFC when they're a big draw now either.

You got me there. However, it seems to me that Lombard always had it in his contract that he didn't have to fight exclusively for Bellator. He was there in the MTV2 days when they didn't have the Viacom (SpikeTV) money and lawyers.

Look at his Sherdog. He was fighting in a few different organizations while still fighting with Bellator. I can't name anybody that's allowed to pull that off now. So I would assume they're not letting guys hop over to the UFC when they're a big draw now either.

It's all contractual BS. If Eddie defends his belt again he can do whatever he wants. Bellator might still be able to match the UFC contract and keep him if i'm not mistaken but before he was basically court ordered to fight Chandler or sit out for an extended period of time. I don't know much about their contracts but since MVP isn't a champ i would think it would be much easier for him to get out than Eddie. idk his contract though.

I though Shlemenko fought elsewhere a bit like in SFL, but I think he also might've recently done a new contract with him so who knows

I'd say the UFC should sign him, due to his hype, but whether or not he's ready is impossible to tell. He still hasn't beat a single notable fighter, I'd like to see him fight someone with a wiki profile.

Most Bellator guys fight outside of the promotion. Page had a fight in SFL since his last Bellator fight.

I'd say the UFC should sign him, due to his hype, but whether or not he's ready is impossible to tell. He still hasn't beat a single notable fighter, I'd like to see him fight someone with a wiki profile.
sometimes even a wiki profile means a fighter is a glorified can

Im very skeptical when it comes to hypes outside UFC, to be honest.

We got plenty examples of guys who were "all that" then came to UFC and became irrelevant: Shields and Lombard are some of these examples.

As another fella said, I would like to see him against a decent wrestler

We got plenty examples of guys who were "all that" then came to UFC and became irrelevant: Shields and Lombard are some of these examples.

Shields?

Won 2 rounds against GSP when none of the UFC fighters had been able to win a single round vs. GSP for 5 years.

He destroyed Damien Maia, former MW contender, as well as beat Tyron Woodley who won the recent title eliminator.

His only other loss after losing a dec to GSP was to the aforementioned Lombard [the Ellenberger fight shouldn't count as he wasn't really in it because of his father's death] after he had been riding a 4 win winning streak.

And Lombard is 2-0 at WW, where his performances make him a popular candidate for the next title eliminator.

Im very skeptical when it comes to hypes outside UFC, to be honest.

As another fella said, I would like to see him against a decent wrestler

Fail post of the decade.

i think mvp is great, but like he said after the fight he needs more experience first. hes still young and still learning and he has all the potential any fighter could hope for its just a case of not rushing it. His next fight should be a strong division 1 wrestler with some standup skills.

we seen how the ufc treated lyman good, a former bellator champion imply becuase of his fights in bellator he was humiliated just so the ufc could get 1 over on bellator and its to risky to make a transition to the ufc without being ready cause there is no guarantee the ufc wont feed him to the lions just to prove a point.

rainy had some success rushing page and using the clinch, but he still got kod in the first round. from what i can tell of mvps style they dont train clinch work so an effective muay thai fighter with elbows and knees in the lcinch could have success. Im not sure rainy's success was really valid it just seemed like mvp is abit of a slower starter in the first opening minute hes working on finding his range. A strong wrestler could use that to score takedowns and hope to keep him on the mat for 5.

Koreshkov and lima are 2 top wws in bellator and once page has a win over 1 of them then he is ready for the ufc imo.

It's sickening how talented MVP is on the feet. He is absolutely Anderson Silva esque, maybe flashier... Watching this guy fight is a privilege as far as I'm concerned. He is a VERY rare breed of fighter, and as fight fans y'all should be on his nuts like I am. He will eventually come to the UFC and beat all your favorite fighters, so you might as well hop the locomotive now.

It's sickening how talented MVP is on the feet. He is absolutely Anderson Silva esque, maybe flashier... Watching this guy fight is a privilege as far as I'm concerned. He is a VERY rare breed of fighter, and as fight fans y'all should be on his nuts like I am. He will eventually come to the UFC and beat all your favorite fighters, so you might as well hop the locomotive now.

British Anderson and future GOAT

lol_george_takei.gif

lol_george_takei.gif

Is Carnages a fan of MVP?

lol_george_takei.gif

Is Carnages a fan of MVP?

U mad.

lol_george_takei.gif

Don't be a zuffa fan boy homie. Michael Page is coming for ur favorite fighters soon. He would DESTROY Matt Brown if they fought tomorrow.

lol_george_takei.gif

Don't be a zuffa fan boy homie. Michael Page is coming for ur favorite fighters soon. He would DESTROY Matt Brown if they fought tomorrow.

Screen_shot_2012-02-10_at_11.25.26_PM.png

i think mvp is great, but like he said after the fight he needs more experience first. hes still young and still learning and he has all the potential any fighter could hope for its just a case of not rushing it. His next fight should be a strong division 1 wrestler with some standup skills.

we seen how the ufc treated lyman good, a former bellator champion imply becuase of his fights in bellator he was humiliated just so the ufc could get 1 over on bellator and its to risky to make a transition to the ufc without being ready cause there is no guarantee the ufc wont feed him to the lions just to prove a point.

rainy had some success rushing page and using the clinch, but he still got kod in the first round. from what i can tell of mvps style they dont train clinch work so an effective muay thai fighter with elbows and knees in the lcinch could have success. Im not sure rainy's success was really valid it just seemed like mvp is abit of a slower starter in the first opening minute hes working on finding his range. A strong wrestler could use that to score takedowns and hope to keep him on the mat for 5.

Koreshkov and lima are 2 top wws in bellator and once page has a win over 1 of them then he is ready for the ufc imo.

How do you think that the UFC humiliated Lyman Good. They gave him a chance to run through a TUF so he had a lot of hype coming into the UFC and he lost to a can with only 2 pro fights. If he was actually UFC caliber he would have at the very least made it into the house and got to the semis.

How do you think that the UFC humiliated Lyman Good. They gave him a chance to run through a TUF so he had a lot of hype coming into the UFC and he lost to a can with only 2 pro fights. If he was actually UFC caliber he would have at the very least made it into the house and got to the semis.

It's pretty obvious the UFC set him up so they could make Bellator look bad. They gave him stylistically the worst match up for him and Dana made remarks about how bad Bellator is throughout.

It's pretty obvious the UFC set him up so they could make Bellator look bad. They gave him stylistically the worst match up for him and Dana made remarks about how bad Bellator is throughout.

Stylistically a bad matchup but at this point in their careers Lyman should have bodied him.

lol_george_takei.gif

Page would be K.O'd by a gassed Eric Silva. Before then.

lol_george_takei.gif

ulKRH6J.jpg

Stylistically a bad matchup but at this point in their careers Lyman should have bodied him.

but lyman wouldnt have been applying for tuf if he thought he was a top class fighter, most if not all of the tuf cast would get laynprayed by that guy hes a very high level wrestler. the ufc has him beat lyman and even though all he did was lay on lyman and make for a boring fight, dana only had praise for him and insults for lyman, yet sphon lays on a guy 2 episodes later and dana is pissed.

lol_george_takei.gif

ulKRH6J.jpg

Stop posting pictures of urself, no one wants to see that ish

lol_george_takei.gif

ulKRH6J.jpg

Stop posting pictures of urself, no one wants to see that ish

Archived