Pedal Files

classicboxer

No, you sick bastards, this is a bicycling thread. I'm getting into "beast mode" as the weather is getting warmer, and I'm calling out everyone with a bike to start riding. It kind of sucks for the first few weeks, but then you will realize that it's a great exercise that anyone can do. All of the fat forum members, try it out. I've lost 9 lbs since the new year, and I'm averaging 15 mph. for 2 hours, (30 miles). You youngsters can easily get up to 20 mph., and it's great fun.

I had my bike out for about a month now cycling to and from work but I ****ed my quads, hammy, groin and glutes during a rather vigorous sexual encounter.... so i'll be back in the car for a while...

I had my bike out for about a month now cycling to and from work but I ****ed my quads, hammy, groin and glutes during a rather vigorous sexual encounter.... so i'll be back in the car for a while...

maori chick at the fish and chip shop down the road from me used to work me over like that.

I've been cycling everyday to work- its **** for the first week or so but then its like crack

i got an 07 devinci jalapeno and an 06 norco sasquatch. both are nice rides and good for jumping but i prefer long trail rides and stuff. i also have an iron horse. its a glorious piece of crap not even photo worthy.

IMG20130812001.jpg

Photo0076.jpg

spent a nice chunk upgrading the sasquatch since last summer. got a whole new crankset and bottom bracket, brake pads and hydraulic fluid change , they rebuilt my drop-off 4 shocks and put in new seals, trued my rims, new treads, back sprocket, saddle, seat post, pedals.

havent done **** to my devinci. still pretty much stock. its pretty ****ing heavy and needs a bit of a tuneup. im actually considering selling the thing off and buying a new computer as i am perfectly content with just my norco. despite being a hardtail, its actually pretty badass and i prefer it. the shock may look small for a downhill fork but its nothing to laugh at. dual air chambers and a single coil helps make up for its smaller 130mm travel. my friend has some marzocchi drop-off double crowns with huge travel. im debating just swapping him up and maybe throwing in a bit of cash if i can cause they look like a beast, but it would totally screw with my aerodynamics and ride height or whatever you want to call it.

its actually a nice day for a ride. kind of makes me want to head out. i think i might just roll a couple joints and find a hill

maori chick at the fish and chip shop down the road from me used to work me over like that.

I've been cycling everyday to work- its **** for the first week or so but then its like crackI live quite close to the town centre so traffic is a **** for the last k. So I can get home quicker on my bike than i could by car

rolling up some fatties man its been a while since i headed out. still got plenty of time but usually when i ride i ride long and hard and head out hella early.

last time i took to the hills i put in a rough 110 kilometers. pretty rejuvenating.half of that was on a 2.2 grade climb but well worth it for the ride back. apparently theres a shuttle that takes bikers up to this lake way up at the top, so i could remove the climb altogether. but thats half of the fun. i had no idea about this, maybe ill check into it if theyre still doing it this summer.

and apart from watching some lazy ****er walking his dog while driving a car up the trails - no ****, he was literally cruising in his car while his dog walked alongside, i also encountered another idiot who almost rolled his car off the side of a mountain and died in a car fire. that would be one hell of a bill to pay to get a tow truck out there. there isnt even cellular reception in that area either. dude must have had to walk a good 40 kilometers just to get help!

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

idiot motorists. stay off our trails. alright well yeah gonna get them riding shorts on. even got some new gloves with these things sewed onto a couple fingertips to operate smartphones and ipods, its actually quite handy. may as well try to get my moneys worth out of them.

I love taking my mtn bike out on the trails. Although the last time I went last year I hit a tree and went flying over the handlebars... dam near killed myself, if it wasn't for my cat like reflexes.

I'll be going back out on the trails soon, just waiting for my boy to get his biked fixed.

I've been riding my bike more lately as I've had some minor knee & hip issues that i don't want to aggravate more with my usual jogging/skipping rope/sprints.

It's easier on your body but I don't really like sitting like that for long periods. It's uncomfortable and just feels so unnatural and i don't like the Diaz bird chest posture lol.

yeah but the run flats are rough on your rims, heavy and dont handle very well. i mean unless youve got some **** stuck in your tread or rim or you like to run over thorns all the time and youre popping your tube every single time you ride, i dont think they justify the purchase.

rolling up some fatties man its been a while since i headed out. still got plenty of time but usually when i ride i ride long and hard and head out hella early.

last time i took to the hills i put in a rough 110 kilometers. pretty rejuvenating.half of that was on a 2.2 grade climb but well worth it for the ride back. apparently theres a shuttle that takes bikers up to this lake way up at the top, so i could remove the climb altogether. but thats half of the fun. i had no idea about this, maybe ill check into it if theyre still doing it this summer.

Are you saying you went out and rode 110 km just for fun? Do you ride to Calgary when you're seriously training? That's around 68 miles, is that for one ride or is it a total for several rides?

yeah but the run flats are rough on your rims, heavy and dont handle very well. i mean unless youve got some **** stuck in your tread or rim or you like to run over thorns all the time and youre popping your tube every single time you ride, i dont think they justify the purchase.

I think the kind i have is that slime brand or whatever i can't recall but they are like regular inner tubes and i still have to pump them up a little every six months. They're not hard inside, they're not heavier or any harder to handle. The purchase was definitely justified because i haven't had trouble in 2 years where before i was burning through inner tubes every 6 months it seemed like. TBH i think it was the cold weather that was doing it and the roads around where i live are not that great so i tended to gets eggs then have a blowout.

With regular inner tubes there was always this delicate balance of not enough air and being hard to ride because the tires are flat when you sit on it and blowing them up a little too much and eventually you get eggs. I haven't had that problem since though.

Are you saying you went out and rode 110 km just for fun? Do you ride to Calgary when you're seriously training? That's around 68 miles, is that for one ride or is it a total for several rides?

no its not that far at all. not for me anyways. ive made the trek several times. comletely overloaded with tonnes of beer and water on my back. ill leave around 5 in the morning. ill get up at my spot at around 1 or 2 pm if i dont stop too much, then hang around and get completely annihilated and roll back. theres actually a lodge up there i dont mind stopping by and grabbing a few cold ones. i always roll lights on my handlebars in case i have to ride in the dark..once even with a friend but hes not that heavy of a rider and barely made it. i actually wanted to push farther. he really slowed me down and it took until 6 just to make it all the way up lol. alot of tourists come to my city in the summer and many get shuttled out to kelowna just to take various routes down the kvr for the scenery. so i know im not the only one crazy enough to enjoy a nice long bike ride.

just riding an old railroad trail that goes through the mountain and actually loops all around the southern part of BC. ill usually only go like 50-55 km uphill, and turn around. its rather windey too, cause youre doubling back around mountains and stuff. the one im used to has 3 different levels just to get up to this lake at the top of the mountain, and its a 44 kilometer ride up the trail because of all the winding up the mountain, even though its probably only like 14 kilometers out if you actually measure the distance from point a to point b. theres forestry mountain roads that cut the distance by over half, but theres no way in hell to ride up it on a bike because they are gigantic hills all the way up. and youd be pushing the bike uphill for many hours straight so you wouldnt save much time opposed to taking the windier route.

but it gets to the point where the grade flattens out for a bit and after that its all downhill from chute lake to kelowna and all the way south again to midway, , as fun as it would be to just coast down there and see how far i could go, it would be 4 times the work trying to get back, as id have to climb all over again. part of the reason why ill do the climb first and get that out of the way is just for the fun ride all the way down.

there are actual mile markers along some of the trail but i have a computer on my norco so i can get my speeds and distances that way for the record. i put in a pathetic 43 kilometers on old yellow yesterday cause i just kept stopping for beer and texting on my phone. just a regular flat trail too. need to get them legs in gear for when i ride the KVR this summer.

no its not that far at all. not for me anyways. ive made the trek several times. comletely overloaded with tonnes of beer and water on my back. ill leave around 5 in the morning. ill get up at my spot at around 1 or 2 pm if i dont stop too much, then hang around and get completely annihilated and roll back. theres actually a lodge up there i dont mind stopping by and grabbing a few cold ones. i always roll lights on my handlebars in case i have to ride in the dark..once even with a friend but hes not that heavy of a rider and barely made it. i actually wanted to push farther. he really slowed me down and it took until 6 just to make it all the way up lol. alot of tourists come to my city in the summer and many get shuttled out to kelowna just to take various routes down the kvr for the scenery. so i know im not the only one crazy enough to enjoy a nice long bike ride.

just riding an old railroad trail that goes through the mountain and actually loops all around the southern part of BC. ill usually only go like 50-55 km uphill, and turn around. its rather windey too, cause youre doubling back around mountains and stuff. the one im used to has 3 different levels just to get up to this lake at the top of the mountain, and its a 44 kilometer ride up the trail because of all the winding up the mountain, even though its probably only like 14 kilometers out if you actually measure the distance from point a to point b. theres forestry mountain roads that cut the distance by over half, but theres no way in hell to ride up it on a bike because they are gigantic hills all the way up. and youd be pushing the bike uphill for many hours straight so you wouldnt save much time opposed to taking the windier route.

but it gets to the point where the grade flattens out for a bit and after that its all downhill from chute lake to kelowna and all the way south again to midway, , as fun as it would be to just coast down there and see how far i could go, it would be 4 times the work trying to get back, as id have to climb all over again. part of the reason why ill do the climb first and get that out of the way is just for the fun ride all the way down.

there are actual mile markers along some of the trail but i have a computer on my norco so i can get my speeds and distances that way for the record. i put in a pathetic 43 kilometers on old yellow yesterday cause i just kept stopping for beer and texting on my phone. just a regular flat trail too. need to get them legs in gear for when i ride the KVR this summer.

That's very impressive! I only ride around 50 km a day, I think the most I ever rode on one trip was 50 miles (just over 80 km).

Can't wait to get back on my bike in the springtime
??? You are in the sunshine country???

More to do with recovering from injury then the weather, spring is when I am supposed to be 100%

Forgot about that. All the time I lived there I never once thought about getting a bike. Seems dumb now i think about it as I quite often could've cycled to work and saved myself a fair bit of coin and helped keep myself fit.

every time I see a guy in full speedo gear "cycling" on the side of a skeet **** rode or a busy rode I want to run them the **** over.

I ride in basketball shorts and a T-shirt, no helmet. If you see me, just go around! Just finished a 30 mile ride. I rode 30 miles every day this month- 930 miles (1,500 km). Could have rode to Vancouver and watched the Blackhawks- Kings game with IDYB. Could have rode to San Diego and did some dumpster diving with megasoup. Could have rode to Las Vegas and took a picture in front of Mayweather's gym.

i put in most of my riding in summer but i still ride around alot when i dont have to go that far and dont care to drive. gonna check out my computer in a minute and see how far ive went since the last time i cleared it in february 2013. i know ive tacked on quite the miles on my sasquatch ive already got my moneys worth out of the thing. thats for damn sure

damn

4406.4 kilometers in 16 months

not bad not bad. not sure how many miles that is though.

2014-05-31130028.jpg

hope to get up to at least 6 and a half by the of september

Those treads have obviously been around the block a few times, her handle bars are too wide & have a tramp stamp in the middle.

2/10 wouldn't bang.

lmfao that tread is actually fairly new and my handys arent really that wide at all. its a great bike for freeriding. i have specialized ground control treads on my other bike that are still in great shape i could swap any time but i prefer rolling 2.5's on this ****.

how dare you insult my g ride. my handys are ergonomically perfect and my front tire isnt really warn down as much as it looks. i bet you have really small arms and ride a ****ing huffy you summerfudge. that **** would fall apart just from me looking at it.

and old yellow doesnt have a tramp stamp. its tribal **** ****.

i wouldnt even bag on my treads when you roll that heavy **** 'no-flat' **** thats probably made out of styrofoam and crap. you could buy those from walmart for $15. that **** wouldnt even make it across a mud puddle homie and probably handles worse than bjjnoob when he's all jacked up on bacardi 151 and trying to bring you your food.

i wouldnt even bag on my treads when you roll that heavy **** 'no-flat' **** thats probably made out of styrofoam and crap. you could buy those from walmart for $15. that **** wouldnt even make it across a mud puddle homie and probably handles worse than bjjnoob when he's all jacked up on bacardi 151 and trying to bring you your food.

I agree that "no flats" are garbage. Why not just fill your tires with sand.

What's with the blood stain on the tile towards the upper right and the obvious blood splatter you tried to clean off of the white door?

My Sherlock deductive reasoning spidey senses tells me you've been grave diving again.

He banged his head on the door when the Canadiens lost.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm riding my bike, and a car pulls alongside me. A young lady, who I had never seen before, is driving, a nice looking redhead. She says "If I bought you a helmet, would you wear it? I get worried every time I see you riding," I answered "No thanks, it feels better without protection." She just rolled up the window and drove away.

I'm riding my bike, and a car pulls alongside me. A young lady, who I had never seen before, is driving, a nice looking redhead. She says "If I bought you a helmet, would you wear it? I get worried every time I see you riding," I answered "No thanks, it feels better without protection." She just rolled up the window and drove away.

Can't you take a hint? She wanted the D and wanted to know if you'd use protection. Your knight could have been dark and full of terrors but you missed the signs from the lady of light.

I didn't need a fancy bike with gears. I loaded it up with a hundred pounds with of stuff and took to the Pacific Coast Highway like a boss.

Tell me more of your adventures moving from one trash bin to the next.

Tell me more about why it is that you're a weakling.

I didn't need a fancy bike with gears. I loaded it up with a hundred pounds with of stuff and took to the Pacific Coast Highway like a boss.

By the way, in between jobs I looked through garbage to collect bottles and cans for recycling. I wasn't going to cry home for help from family and I have never taken public assistance. I tough through the hard times. Can you?

By the way, in between jobs I looked through garbage to collect bottles and cans for recycling. I wasn't going to cry home for help from family and I have never taken public assistance. I tough through the hard times. Can you?

You weren't going to cry home for help from family but you did. You sure did rough through those harsh times.

You are seriously bragging about never being on public assistance like you are special while you actually tried to run away from your problems?

When I lost a job and had hard times at home I put applications in until I found a new job and fulfilled all of my responsibilities to my family. Who cares? That's normal and called being an adult.

Can't you take a hint? She wanted the D and wanted to know if you'd use protection. Your knight could have been dark and full of terrors but you missed the signs from the lady of light.

I got the hint, but I guess she didn't appreciate my attempt at humor. Anyway, she was driving a Prius.

I got the hint, but I guess she didn't appreciate my attempt at humor. Anyway, she was driving a Prius.She was clearly wanting that D but only through the backdoor...

I got the hint, but I guess she didn't appreciate my attempt at humor. Anyway, she was driving a Prius.She was clearly wanting that D but only through the backdoor...

Hahaha! I thought driving a Prius meant she was a lesbian!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived