Elliot Rodger's retribution

UFCCagerattler

For every one person who survives because of the Gun accessibility in USA ( hence defending himself/herself) 10 or more soul lose their lives or at least this is how I see it. It should change or these types of the massacres will happen again.

I wont weigh in heavily on the gun debate, apart from saying I think civilians should not have access to military grade weaponry, but their seems to be a fundamental difference with American culture which is the acceptance of violence as an everyday part of life, and an unwillingness to make drastic change due to the fear that society could abruptly break down at any time, whether its being attacked by a stranger, neighbour or your own government, and therefore the necessity to have a means to defend yourself from something you otherwise hope will never happen.

It seems to be a continuation of the wild west mentality

Im also curious as to whether statistically speaking, Americans have higher rates of mental illness compared to other industrialised nations.

Nobody is going to bite me. I'm 6'5 and I'll KYTFO if you even look at me wrong, Poo****. You're a crying **** baby and you don't even live in the states! So you're an idiot for trying to tell us how to live our lives when you live in a third world hellhole where worse things happen to innocent people all day long.

The fact is that 99% of the gun violence in our country comes from stolen guns. The media sensationalizes these mass shootings because it's what these moron people want to see. The reality is that those incidents with kids using legally bought guns are the most rare form of violence in our country. So we don't need you, or anybody else to jump to conclusions or decide the way citizens who are NOT criminals are allowed to live their lives.

I think the mental illness is the problem. The gun is just the easy thing to blame.

I'd probably argue that both are problems, and that the whole thing can't be boiled down to one specific issue. There are probably others beyond those two as well.

I got a little salty to see somebody from a whole other continent trying to weigh in our issues. I apologize, McMod.

On the topic though, I find it irritating that this whole "gun control" debate gets sparked by an obviously deranged person shooting in an affluent neighborhood. Where are the gun control advocates (in the U.S., because Chilean people pushing American gun control is beyond ridiculous) when 72 people are shot in a single weekend last year in pretty much one area of Chicago? Where are these crying people on television then? They don't care. Some rich kid dies and suddenly the rest of us are supposed to lose our rights because of it? Nope. If they were preaching that prior to their child dying, I would be more sympathetic.

This kid filmed youtube videos and posted that video about him shooting up the sorority before he committed the crime. So I'll be damned if I'm volunteering any of my rights to be revoked because the police and this kid's parents didn't do their jobs. Not to mention that when you boil it all down, this kid was committing a crime, whether he attained the weapons legally or not.

Further, it took me almost three months to even get my FOID card. So I couldn't even attain a weapon to protect myself until three months after my request to do so. And that's from a person with no violent history besides a disorderly conduct. So people can stop acting like we're living in the wild west in the United States. It's simply not the case.

Nobody is going to bite me. I'm 6'5 and I'll KYTFO if you even look at me wrong, Poo****. You're a crying **** baby and you don't even live in the states! So you're an idiot for trying to tell us how to live our lives when you live in a third world hellhole where worse things happen to innocent people all day long.

The fact is that 99% of the gun violence in our country comes from stolen guns. The media sensationalizes these mass shootings because it's what these moron people want to see. The reality is that those incidents with kids using legally bought guns are the most rare form of violence in our country. So we don't need you, or anybody else to jump to conclusions or decide the way citizens who are NOT criminals are allowed to live their lives.

Where should I even start?

You say the fact is that 99% of the gun violence in your country comes from stolen guns?.

Just show me a link about this fact you mentioned and I leave the forum for a month. If you couldn't you leave this forum for just a week . Deal Mr 6' 5'' giant .?

I used to live in Iran and yes you are right , bad things happens to innocent people on a daily basis there but we don't have the history of some mentally disturbed people shooting in rampage in movie theaters or shooting innocent people in universities and ... in Iran. Not because we are more civilized than Americans or we don't have mentally disturbed folks but just because the civilians have no easy access purchasing firearms (especially semi automatic guns). It is that simple , a disturbed person with a gun in his hand can kill tens of people in a blink .

where all these allegedly stolen guns come from? Gun depots? or the guns that has been legally purchased are stolen? .No legally purchased gun means less stolen guns ( but not zero illegal gun , I know that much).

One more thing , when somebody shoots somebody, it usually does not matter the victim is 6' 5'' or 5' 5'' . or a midget . It is fatal regardless and it is not that uncommon as you are trying to portray. Just happened many times in last couple of years.

You could have answered my post like what you did here and there was no need to flag or call people idiots when it is a civil conversation. I don't need to live in USA to have a saying about gun violence there.

Ps: I live in Canada and last time I checked Canada is no third world country.

See ya on June 26th, homeskillet.

http://extranosalley.com/?p=30635

Middle of the page: If the question is actually “What percentage of criminals legally buy a gun and commit a crime with it,” the percentage is extremely small. The last data suggests that a fraction of one percent of those who commit a gun related crime will legally purchase a gun and then commit a crime with it. Most of those crimes are “crimes of domestic violence,” essentially crimes of passion, and the gun happened to be in the house. If no gun were present, some other weapon, knives, clubs, fists or something else, would have been used instead. While the overwhelming majority of professional criminals will use stolen “street guns” that are cheap but very definitely illegal.

This is another part of the blog you are referring to:

However, if the question is “What percentage of crimes are committed with legally purchased guns” the answer is about six percent of murders – and very few other crimes.

But I don't want you to stop posting for a week because this article you are referring to is a blog that has been posted by a stranger. are you kidding me? a blog is your reference????? and even with it you are 600% wrong?

By the way, what the hell are you talking about me crying about fatalstrife and meme and chilean blah blah?????????????

I don't see any sig or other things . I turned them off long ago. I never cared about your sig or avatar or what you said before. You are mistaking me with someone else sir. Check that again. That may somehow explain the hatred you have toward but I am not sure. I am not Chilean. I am originally Iranian and I have never hide my first nationality. I have just 837 posts in 2.5 years of joining this forum. Check them please and let me know when I said I am Chilean or complained about your sig .

The simple fact is that people like Elliot Rodger make up LESS THAN 1% of the crimes committed with guns in the U.S. The guns used in 99+% of gun crimes are committed with STOLEN guns. Guns that are STOLEN from the owners. Hence, STOLEN guns.

Says: It's hilarious watching gun nuts flail about and embarrass themselves to try to justify their fetish. Just like any other junkie.

Has in sig: "PROUD, GUN OWNER, CONSERVATIVE. How you like them apples, hippie?"

And complains about trolls and flagging. Mods ought to ban you for being an obvious alt, and a terrible troll.

I agree the main issue here was him mental illness. But there are sick people all over the world, and it's a part of a civilized society to make sure these people can't afford guns.

Or just maybe, JUUUUST maybe, we can consider what the ****ing parents where doing? Maybe if we stop neglecting and beating our babies we wouldn't have to have this gun conversation.

I agree the main issue here was him mental illness. But there are sick people all over the world, and it's a part of a civilized society to make sure these people can't afford guns.

Or just maybe, JUUUUST maybe, we can consider what the ****ing parents where doing? Maybe if we stop neglecting and beating our babies we wouldn't have to have this gun conversation.

Again, there are bad parents all over the world. Everything that is wrong in the USA happens in every ****ing country.

The key to 'why are there so many shootings' in the USA is, imo, how easily they can access guns.

So if they don't have guns they won't kill people or won't kill as many people?

http://www.punchng.com/news/fujian-knife-attack-death-toll-hits-3/

http://home.bt.com/news/worldnews/chinese-knife-attack-kills-seven-11363903773563

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_(2010%E2%80%932011)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-citizen-carries-out-suicide-bombing-in-syria/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/boston-marathon-bombing/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks

This took 15 seconds to google. It doesn't matter that weapons are available, if people want to kill people they will. There are probably well over 350 million guns in the US along with enough gun parts to build a few hundred million more. Good luck getting rid of those because most people won't hand them over and they definitely won't if they are already criminals. Also billions of dollars are spent on guns or accessories in the US per year, if you shut down the gun manufacturers the economy would crumble. Those same gun manufacturers also have huge political influence so they aren't going anywhere.

I don't know if Cashflows stats were dead on but he is right that a large percentage of violent crimes are commited with stolen weapons.

Again, there are bad parents all over the world. Everything that is wrong in the USA happens in every ****ing country.

The key to 'why are there so many shootings' in the USA is, imo, how easily they can access guns.

Disagree. Some 90% of our parents beat our kids. From what I understand thats much higher than most places.

Its really this simple for this particular case right, subscribe to your kids youtube channel. ESPECIALLY, if you already know he tends to be a little bit psycho.

This particular case could have been thwarted by numerous people. His parents knew he was mentally unstable to the point that they called the police on him!

At some point somebody needed to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Also, for the people who think that the somehow banning guns is going to rid them from the U.S., you're delusional. And despite popular belief, banning guns doesn't do much to curb violence.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/08/28/harvard-gun-study-concludes-gun-bans-dont-reduce-the-murder-rate/

"The Harvard study attempts to answer the question of whether or not banning firearms would reduce murders and suicides. Researchers looked at crime data from several European countries and found that countries with HIGHER gun ownership often had LOWER murder rates."

Disagree. Some 90% of our parents beat our kids. From what I understand thats much higher than most places.

100% of forum users feel that you aren't a true baller until you wait tables.

87% of statistics are made up on the spot.

You couldn't be more wrong. This kids parents were great.

Archived