Dillashaw's commitment to finishing

jduk

Up by 4 rounds, Barao wanting none of it, TJ could have just sat back and waited, and done nothing for 5 minutes, with the belt already practically around his waist.

But this is the bit that impressed me, he went for it, he attacked, he absolutely battered a guy who was considered to be a p4p top fighter and he finished him. Made him look slow and amateurish.

This is the kind of champion I want to see in the UFC, I hope he continues to fight like this, and doesn't pull a GSP by fighting safe.

Big respect for Team Alpha Male and especially Duane Ludwig, what a camp they've got going on there, something that guys should aspire to be a part of and to emulate.

What are you talking about. He fought safe the whole fight until he had a huge advantage.

He was pecking at him with point fighting pot shots then getting well out of range to reset every time Barao engaged with a bad intention flurry.

He kept taking angles zoning off left or right at 45 degree dominant angles where Barao couldn't really hit him effectively & engage him in the pocket directly in the line of fire. Barao had to pivot to face him or back peddle in which case Dillashaw would close in & sucker punch him as he tried to pivot turn to face or back peddle to gain distance to nullify his inferior angle. Dillashaw waited for his opponent to get busted up & tired to turn up the pressure.

He kept being deceptive with feints, broken rhythm, keeping distance and switching stances to gain dominant angles and also switching mid combination to confuse Barao gain ground on him & cut off his retreats from the attacks from dominant angles.

What kind of coward fights like that.

What are you talking about. He fought safe the whole fight until he had a huge advantage.

He was pecking at him with point fighting pot shots then getting well out of range to reset every time Barao engaged with a bad intention flurry.

He kept taking angles zoning off left or right at 45 degree dominant angles where Barao couldn't really hit him effectively & engage him in the pocket directly in the line of fire. Barao had to pivot to face him or back peddle in which case Dillashaw would close in & sucker punch him as he tried to pivot turn to face or back peddle to gain distance to nullify his inferior angle. Dillashaw waited for his opponent to get busted up & tired to turn up the pressure.

He kept being deceptive with feints, broken rhythm, keeping distance and switching stances to gain dominant angles and also switching mid combination to confuse Barao gain ground on him & cut off his retreats from the attacks from dominant angles.

a champion???

ulKRH6J.jpg

a champion???

Yeah but let's see him Bang Bro. This Bang Muay Thai doesn't even UFC.

As a champion you're supposed to walk your opponent down flat footed, plant your feet and steam roll someone school yard bully style swinging for the fences and the first rock em sock em robot to fall loses.

a champion???

Yeah but let's see him Bang Bro. This Bang Muay Thai doesn't even UFC.

As a champion you're supposed to walk your opponent down flat footed, plant your feet and steam roll someone school yard bully style swinging for the fences and the first rock em sock em robot to fall loses.

So tell me again how great Aldo is, then we can talk about TJ being a point fighter.

Aldo is a weight cutting can. He only finishes fighters that are hurt or when he cheats. He even pulls out of fight with minor injuries like Pettis.

Lol sarcasm went right over everyone's head.

Aldo is a weight cutting can. He only finishes fighters that are hurt or when he cheats. He even pulls out of fight with minor injuries like Pettis.

maybe if those statements didn't seem so accurate it wouldn't of went over everyone's head.

I guess but i thought i was making it pretty obvious by writing a paragraph every bit of which counters one sarcastic remark at the end.

I mean if i'm gonna argue that last statement seriously then i'd write the whole paragraph to support the final remark not make a case against it.

maybe if those statements didn't seem so accurate it wouldn't of went over everyone's head.

I guess but i thought i was making it pretty obvious by writing a paragraph every bit of which counters one sarcastic remark at the end.

I mean if i'm gonna argue that last statement seriously then i'd write the whole paragraph to support the final remark not make a case against it.

lol not going to lie, I thought you were being serious, and I like to think I can usually sense sarcasm even in text.

Maybe I was having an off night.

Archived