For every fighter's crowning achievement.....

Wanderlei_Rua

There is someone's favorite fighter on the receiving end.

In the spirit of last night's gut-wrenching(for me) main event, I've decided to make my milestone 1000th post a tribute to those type of fights. Every highlight reel moment has a flipside.

The following are my personal top 5 most painful fights to watch as a fan:

#5-Cro Cop v Gonzaga

As a Pride fan, I can remember being so excited to see the promotions merge and how some of my favorites would fare in the cage. We had all seen Mirko get KO'd before, but to witness him get leveled with his own trademark high kick was heartbreaking.

#4-Condit v Diaz

Not sure if this one has been discussed around here yet. If you aren't aware it was a mind-blowing display of "gameplanning" by a fighter I had always liked and still do. Truly shameful.

#3-Silva v Weidman 1

For Weidman fans, it was understandably glorious. For people like me, it was awful to watch an all-time great clown his way into humility.

#2-Fedor v Werdum

I know his reign over the HW division was debatable. What wasn't was his class and humble nature even as a dominant champion. It really didn't matter who the inevitable loss came from, that end of an era was incredibly sad for fans like me.

#1-Shogun v Jones

It is mildly easier to stomach now, knowing that it was at the hands of a very worthy champion. At the time, however, this fight was the ultimate letdown. To see my favorite fighter get absolutely decimated by a talented prospect(whom I nearly despise), in his inaugural title defense no less, was the most depressing thing I've encountered as a fan.

Congrats if you read through all that and feel free to share your similar moments.

1 - Anderson vs Weidman I

The end of an era.

2 - JDS vs Cain II

Just... painful to watch.

3 - JDS vs Cain III

This one shouldn't get to me, but I talked myself into believing overtraining really messed with JDS and, well...

4 - Edson Barboza vs Jamie Varner

Exposed the glass jaw of one of my favorites fighters, and pretty much made it clear he'll never reach the top.

5 - Can I put a combo of all Pat Barry KO losses here?

:(

I'm a big fan of Barão, but TJ is an awesome guy and I can't hate such a masterful performance.

#5. Jamie Varner vs Abel Trujillo

WEC never dies. Massive fan of all the WEC fighters; especially the guys in the LW division since the UFC already had a LW division and there was the "WEC LW fighters aren't good enough thats why they aren't in the UFC" rivalry going on. When Jamie KO'd Barboza that had to be one of the best feelings ever because Barboza was extremely hyped and I knew that Varner was proven and could pull off the win. But when he fought reckless and he got starched by Trujillo that **** sucked. It was very painful. Wanted Jamie to have a ton of success. He was a veteran but fought like a amateur and lost to a guy who lost to Kebob and I think Varner is a good matchup to dethrone Kebob. Just a big Jamie Varner fan and him getting KO'd like that for the first time was extra painful..

#4. JDS vs Cain III

I thought Junior was going to be able to improve enough and get his belt back...It was just all bad...Cain replayed the second fight and it was terrible..Huge Junior fan and caught on to him when he KO'd struve and felt for him when the UFC kept dodging him his title shot even though he fought everybody and KO'd everybody and then he finally got to fight for the belt and won it..Watching him get beatdown by Cain sucked big time. Twice but even worse in the third fight because I actually thought the result would be different.

#3. Lyoto Machida vs Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

This was the fight that got my account bant for constantly posting gifs of Rampage's surprise face when he won the fight. My jimmies were rustled to the maximum and have never gotten so rustled to this day. Had a pretty bad meltdown. That robbery of a decision was farce. Now that I look back on it I can see why Rampage won now that my bias has settled down but this loss was pretty bad for me. I went full retard and lost my 09 account due to it. Sucks that the rematch will never happen. This would be first because I got banned for it but oh well. Flip flop all ya want.

#2. Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman I

This was the best time for Anderson to have beat Chris. Still had the aura. Chris was still considered very green at this time. And then It was the end for the GOAT. I knew Chris had a really good chance of winning but the way Anderson went out was bad. Especially how he was ****y and acted like he got hurt...And then 5 seconds later he really did get hurt. I wasn't the biggest Anderson Silva fan but it was pretty obvious that he was the number 1 P4P over GSP. Now that he lost that GSP vs Anderson Fight/Argument was forever lost. That was probably why I got butthurt. Never got to see the Anderson Silva vs GSP superfight.

#1. Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Rua II

Lyoto Machida getting knocked out by Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua. My favorite fighter. The guy who got me hooked hardcore onto MMA. The fighter who made me join this forum to defend him winning the decision against Shogun in the first fight. I thought the first fight was a fluke. How could Lyoto Machida; this new age fighter lose to this Muay Thai brute who is sloppy as hell. And he also won against a similar guy in Thiago Silva. No way will Machida lose to Shogun in the rematch. And then he got caught with a rabbit punch behind the ear. That knock out was so brutal. It made my butt hurt for a very long time. Out of all my guys losing this one is bar-none the worst of the losses considering how brutal that knockout was. Got his **** laid out. Until Anthony Pettis loses this loss will probably stay as my number one.

My personal top five. Would add others but I don't think Bart Palaweski and Chris Horodecki losing to Anthony Njokuani in the WEC were big enough names. Was not butthurt about Pettis losing to Guida because I felt like it should had been a 5 round title fight anyway instead of a 3 round fight because Anthony was the champ; (similar to Condit losing to Martin Kampmann in his first UFC fight being the last WEC WW Champ). I think if it was a 5 round fight it would be different and all Guida did was lay on top avoiding subs so I think all of these are about right. lul at the guys who found out that I'm secretly a Lyoto Machida fan. Its just that....Lyoto Machida fans are the easiest to rustle out of all the fan boi's on the forum. In my opinion Machida fans are the easiest to rustle; beating out GSP/Condit/Diaz fans. They have jimmies made out of glass and rustling those jimmies are just too good to pass up so I went full Darth Vader to fulfill my duty of rustle-ling those jimmies. Apologies to all the Machida fans that I have rustled. Ansem, MilesGun, Spartican, Jduk. When I predict Machida losing by first round KO I am secretly predicting Machida to win by Headkick KO in the first round. =)

There is someone's favorite fighter on the receiving end.

In the spirit of last night's gut-wrenching(for me) main event, I've decided to make my milestone 1000th post a tribute to those type of fights. Every highlight reel moment has a flipside.

The following are my personal top 5 most painful fights to watch as a fan:

#5-Cro Cop v Gonzaga

As a Pride fan, I can remember being so excited to see the promotions merge and how some of my favorites would fare in the cage. We had all seen Mirko get KO'd before, but to witness him get leveled with his own trademark high kick was heartbreaking.

#4-Condit v Diaz

Not sure if this one has been discussed around here yet. If you aren't aware it was a mind-blowing display of "gameplanning" by a fighter I had always liked and still do. Truly shameful.

#3-Silva v Weidman 1

For Weidman fans, it was understandably glorious. For people like me, it was awful to watch an all-time great clown his way into humility.

#2-Fedor v Werdum

I know his reign over the HW division was debatable. What wasn't was his class and humble nature even as a dominant champion. It really didn't matter who the inevitable loss came from, that end of an era was incredibly sad for fans like me.

#1-Shogun v Jones

It is mildly easier to stomach now, knowing that it was at the hands of a very worthy champion. At the time, however, this fight was the ultimate letdown. To see my favorite fighter get absolutely decimated by a talented prospect(whom I nearly despise), in his inaugural title defense no less, was the most depressing thing I've encountered as a fan.

Congrats if you read through all that and feel free to share your similar moments.

This is a list of overhyped bums finally being exposed

Hendricks taking down lawler in the fifth, because I knew it was the deciding factor in the decision as I watched it happen. Lawler won if it was pride rules though.

Faber getting TKO'd while giving a thumbs up made me rustled.

Chael getting triangled by Andy and JDS taking a 50 minute beating over two fights with cain hurt too.

Lyoto Machida getting knocked out by Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua. My favorite fighter. The guy who got me hooked hardcore onto MMA. The fighter who made me join this forum to defend him winning the decision against Shogun in the first fight. I thought the first fight was a fluke. How could Lyoto Machida; this new age fighter lose to this Muay Thai brute who is sloppy as hell. And he also won against a similar guy in Thiago Silva. No way will Machida lose to Shogun in the rematch. And then he got caught with a rabbit punch behind the ear. That knock out was so brutal. It made my butt hurt for a very long time. Out of all my guys losing this one is bar-none the worst of the losses considering how brutal that knockout was. Got his **** laid out. Until Anthony Pettis loses this loss will probably stay as my number one.

lul at the guys who found out that I'm secretly a Lyoto Machida fan. Its just that....Lyoto Machida fans are the easiest to rustle out of all the fan boi's on the forum. In my opinion Machida fans are the easiest to rustle; beating out GSP/Condit/Diaz fans. They have jimmies made out of glass and rustling those jimmies are just too good to pass up so I went full Darth Vader to fulfill my duty of rustle-ling those jimmies. Apologies to all the Machida fans that I have rustled. Ansem, MilesGun, Spartican, Jduk. When I predict Machida losing by first round KO I am secretly predicting Machida to win by Headkick KO in the first round. =)

Da ****?

This+is+cool+and+all+but+where+the+++does+_15a0486027a3d6dee28d80bd8a148ffd.gif

Hendricks taking down lawler in the fifth, because I knew it was the deciding factor in the decision as I watched it happen. Lawler won if it was pride rules though.

Chael getting triangled by Andy and JDS taking a 50 minute beating over two fights with cain hurt too.

Lawler 1,3,4

LoL Za3922 good to know but you have never rustled my jimmies. You can keep telling yourself that if it helps though.

for me its:

Anderson vs Weidman I

it was painful to watch Anderson clown like a retard. Having a 500$ bet on that fight made it even worse.

Cain vs JDS II

JDS gassed in the first round, painful to watch. Cain vs JDS III was pretty much the same

BJ vs Rory MacDonald

oversized WW vs a FW

Condit vs Hendricks

Hendricks pulling a GSP spamming meaningless TDs, trying to hold on for dear life

Jones vs Belfort

watching Vitor just stay there and do nothing but eat elbows against a guy with a dislocated arm was sad

1 - Anderson vs Weidman I

The end of an era.

4 - Edson Barboza vs Jamie Varner

Exposed the glass jaw of one of my favorites fighters, and pretty much made it clear he'll never reach the top.

5 - Can I put a combo of all Pat Barry KO losses here?

:(

I'm a big fan of Barão, but TJ is an awesome guy and I can't hate such a masterful performance.

BJ vs Rory MacDonald

oversized WW vs a FW

Condit vs Hendricks

Hendricks pulling a GSP spamming meaningless TDs

These^^

+ Barboza vs Cerrone I like both guys but how it ended really flustered my jimbos.

This one was the flipside for me somewhat. I'm a big fan of both fighters, but seeing Shogun win the belt was tremendous. I just wish it had been over someone else.

Even as a Barao fan, that stoppage made me cringe.

Archived