***The official Watchdogs thread***

WarWest®

reviews arent looking so promising. ill wait til the price drops. no intentions of paying 70 bucks for this for what reviewers and users are saying.

looks kind of fun and all though but too much hype is what i make of it, and it definately wasnt delayed so that ubisoft could improve the graphics.

that was on the pc version mind you. theres always a chance that his PC couldnt handle it (mind you he posted his specs in a comment and his computer is well equipped to run it) and theres always a chance that he either downloaded a pirated version that wasnt actually a finished launch edition, or that he used mods

but theres always the chance that the game is flawed. at least on PC. maybe PS4 is indeed the ideal platform to play it on, as everything is indicating. Apparently on PC theyve got all kind of texture issues, and theres supposed to be a patch coming out some time this week to resolve some of it.

but my god that stuff is alot worse than crappy graphics. falling under the map and stuff really is game breaking, and ive seen that happen on plenty of console games too. hopefully that glitch was only something to do with his computer, and isnt really a part of the game, otherwise theres going to be alot of rustled jimmies if this issue goes widespread

they delayed the game for like 2 years. this kind of crap shouldnt happen. im not implying its a direct bug in the game as its too soon to tell, and i havent seen any other videos of this issue yet. hopefully for the sake of the community it was just his computer

^ this is what happens when people preorder games.

Why the **** would you give money before there's a finished product.

Imagine if you paid for a house before seeing if it was done right. ****s not logical.

and this +1

not just for games, but for anything. why blindly throw your money at something like a fanboy? youd have to really be confident for it to deliver. and when it doesnt live up to your all of your expectations, its even worse knowing you were so amped up for it for such a long time and you even invested your money on it when nobody really knew what it was all about.

unless its like a GTA or an Elder Scrolls game and i want to play it at midnight, ill never preorder games. especially not a brand new game series because you never know just how theyre going to turn out or what to expect out of it. Definately not a console either. Never have. Never will.

Imagine if you paid for a house before seeing if it was done right. ****s not logical.

and this +1

not just for games, but for anything. why blindly throw your money at something like a fanboy? youd have to really be confident for it to deliver. and when it doesnt live up to your all of your expectations, its even worse knowing you were so amped up for it for such a long time and you even invested your money on it when nobody really knew what it was all about.

unless its like a GTA or an Elder Scrolls game and i want to play it at midnight, ill never preorder games. especially not a brand new game series because you never know just how theyre going to turn out or what to expect out of it. Definately not a console either. Never have. Never will.

^not only that, but when you're giving them money in hand from the get go it gives them less incentive to go over the game with a fine tooth comb.They'll just want to push its release so they could work on the next project.

exactly. EA Sports is notorious for this year after year

they throw in incentives to preorder that look appealing to new users, and then it turns out youre still getting a shinier version of a game with all of the same bugs from 3 years ago in it.

take the nhl series and its ultimate team for instance. that game mode has more holes than swiss cheese, is based around microtransactions of people wasting stupid amounts of money on virtual hockey card packs (because they arent smart enough to farm 10 million pucks and build an epic team and just buy the entire NHL collection off the auction house for pucks like i did), but still has a tonne of game breaking issues, some of which people even lose their cards or money over, which EA has been aware of and has even acknowledged since it was introduced in NHL 11. if you have a problem, have fun dealing with Woong Poong Soong over on the phone or at the EA helpdesk trying to get them to fix your game for you.

Some idiots are so hooked on that game mode but dont really know how to play the market or exploit their pucks that they literally spend hundreds or sometimes even upwards of a thousand dollars every year just to try to build a team to be able to compete against all of us puck farmers and auction tycoons, not caring about all of the game breaking bugs. when they lose their money they dont even bother trying to get their last $4 back. theyll just buy another $4 pack and get a bunch of garbage cards anyways. its like a gambling addiction to them and EA is feeding off these guys for a ridiculous amount of money every year. But to think, a game mode that involves spending money, shouldnt it at least work right? Instead you get crap like cards disappearing, cards getting stuck in trade pile, losing your cards or pucks altogether from your watch list, not receiving packs you buy with pucks or money, and like 20 other game breaking bugs.

its like they spam everybody to preorder, then they rush out the game on shelves in time to meet a deadline, and then they go away for another year until its time to market their next yearly rehash. they spend zero time polishing their games and removing bugs, and their customer support is next to non existant.

theyre getting away with less and less effort every year, gamers get less content, less support, and more microtransactions, yet blindly keep supporting them by throwing their money at them months in advance telling them thats okay.

apples and oranges son, apples and oranges.

no ****, but i buy apples the same way i buy oranges ya mo-mo.

Really? EA Sports is your example? Their pre-order bonuses are generally awful. If you're not really into that Ultimate Team thing, they're absolutely worthless.

Every company is guilty of the dumb pre-order bonus, except maybe Nintendo. They're the only ones I can think of that don't do it.

no ****, but i buy apples the same way i buy oranges ya mo-mo.

what, do you Steal them? StealerNation43. stealing produce since 1943

Really? EA Sports is your example? Their pre-order bonuses are generally awful. If you're not really into that Ultimate Team thing, they're absolutely worthless.

Every company is guilty of the dumb pre-order bonus, except maybe Nintendo. They're the only ones I can think of that don't do it.

ultimate team is the only reason i still buy the nhl franchise. regular versus is stale and ill only play against the same 5 or 6 teams all year. OTP is lame because theres always that one idiot who refuses to play their own position, or the goalie quits after 2 goals, and even in a club its hard to find a time where other members are all online to play. be a gm is broken. that doesnt leave a whole lot left to work with

to me ultimate team the most enjoyable. i have fun building ridiculously stacked teams and facerolling noobs, but the amount of bugs that are still in it almost makes me not even want to play the mode altogether. and the gameplay is not as fun as it used to be. but their preorder packs are all garbage. you get like nothing out of them and you cant sell or trade them for pucks because theyre considered a free pack. thats their incentive to preorder the game lol....ultimate team is their major money grabbers from people who would rather spend boat loads of money on watered down packs that 99% of the time will contain nothing.

hell im having fun. i made a bunch of accounts and farmed enough pucks from moving around teams and collecting team bonuses to buy all the nhl jerseys and entire roster. took a good week of moving cards around, but its hilarious though every now and then i get people raging at me over my team and how much money i must have spent on it, knowing full well i wouldnt give EA a dollar on this game mode until they fix it. Some times ill even tell them how to exploit it, so that they dont have to continue forking over their money like most of them often do.

Haven't come across any of these glitches so far they'll probably get patched anyway

This. The first time he fell through the map is during the first five minutes of the game, I took the exact same route as him, and if I remember correctly I hopped that bench too and I didn't fall through.

IDYB is probably right about him pirating an earlier build, or he might have been playing without the day one patch. I went full retard while driving and totaled the car, I had to run from the cops on foot, I was hopping fences and running through yards and alleys and I didn't have a problem.

All of this is depressing though, because now I'm paranoid its going to be broken, and I really want to enjoy this game.

well if its a problem on console, im sure we're all gonna know about it, as many users are gonna be in a whole new world of rustle. especially if somebody finds a way to intentionally do it and then invades your game and goes under the map. ubisoft isnt really known for patching their games in a prompt manner either. some times the glitches are what makes their games even more fun, like frog hopping/grenade jumping or vehicles rigged with sticky pipe bombs in far cry evolutions and whatnot.

i wonder if they can still kill people from under the map? if so, it would be easy to see why it would break the entire game if you allow random online events.

was about to post this but it turned out to be mistaken for something that happened a year ago, so disreguard. would have been comical if ubisofts servers got hacked the day their hacking game launches.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-s-servers-hacked-you-should-change-your-password/1100-6419906/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

"Ubisoft is currently advising users that one of their sites has been hit by hackers, and that you should change password on all Ubisoft sites and services. According to Ubisoft, the hackers were able to access data including usernames, email addresses, and encrypted passwords. However, Ubisoft clarified that, "No personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your credit/debit card information was not at risk from this intrusion."

Haven't come across any of these glitches so far they'll probably get patched anyway

This. The first time he fell through the map is during the first five minutes of the game, I took the exact same route as him, and if I remember correctly I hopped that bench too and I didn't fall through.

IDYB is probably right about him pirating an earlier build, or he might have been playing without the day one patch. I went full retard while driving and totaled the car, I had to run from the cops on foot, I was hopping fences and running through yards and alleys and I didn't have a problem.

All of this is depressing though, because now I'm paranoid its going to be broken, and I really want to enjoy this game.

Yeah exactly this, quite a few people got it like a week early I noticed on youtube so it's probably before the day one patch like you say or a pirate I wouldn't worry.

The game is very good so far imo there's tons of stuff to do, a good amount of weapons and the story is interesting. Only thing lacking really is the driving, no drive bys from your car and no laying a beatdown on innocent pedestrians with the cosh or hand to hand that's about it. I was surprised it had weapon executions when you get up close to enemies they're pretty cool quite happy about that.

Yeah exactly this, quite a few people got it like a week early I noticed on youtube so it's probably before the day one patch like you say or a pirate I wouldn't worry.

The game is very good so far imo there's tons of stuff to do, a good amount of weapons and the story is interesting. Only thing lacking really is the driving, no drive bys from your car and no laying a beatdown on innocent pedestrians with the cosh or hand to hand that's about it. I was surprised it had weapon executions when you get up close to enemies they're pretty cool quite happy about that.

Found out my morning class was canceled, played for a while, had zero issues and the game is fun IMO.

played it, didnt like it. it's kind of a worse version of GTA V imo

I called my friends and literally said the same thing, warning them not to get the game because it sucked. Since then I've spent more time with it and I can't seem to put down the controller, it-is-amazing now.

Once you get to the point where the controls and hacks come naturally and you can pull tricks out of your @ss on the fly it becomes an insanely entertaining game ! I honestly feel it's the best game out right now on next gen.

I saw a couple of games journalists on Twitter saying the PC version is not very good.

Ubisoft multiplatform games have a horrendous track record regarding the PC versions. Out of the box they're bug ridden messes with half assed framerates no matter what graphicscard you throw at it. Splinter Cell series, Ghost Recon Series and Assassin's Creed games have all been horribly executed on the PC also there's not much support with patches. Ubisoft is a console oriented developer that outsources a lot of their port work

I saw a couple of games journalists on Twitter saying the PC version is not very good.

Ubisoft multiplatform games have a horrendous track record regarding the PC versions. Out of the box they're bug ridden messes with half assed framerates no matter what graphicscard you throw at it. Splinter Cell series, Ghost Recon Series and Assassin's Creed games have all been horribly executed on the PC also there's not much support with patches. Ubisoft is a console oriented developer that outsources a lot of their port work

I've heard mostly good things about recent AC games on PC, but yeah, the early ones were pretty bad from what I had been told.

Archived