NFL 2014-15 Season Thread

BruteDion

no. them sharks got beat 1st round by the kings in a grueling 7 game series. so no love at all this year for your sharks.

i dont have any love for them either. last year they swept my beloved canucks right out of the playoffs. mind you, the kings pretty much ran us out of town the year beforehand, so as far as im concerned both teams can go die in a zamboni fire.

but since it doesnt matter kings then went on to beat anaheim also in game 7, and are on the verge of taking out chicago. series is 3-1 kings.

on the other side of the spectrum,montreal avoids elimination against the rangers, and they havent had an easy playoff run either. price was injured for the rest of the year in game 1 after some ranger schmuck crashed him, and were trailing ever since. new york leads series 3-2

so its shaping up to be new york vs los angeles. i wish it were the other way around and be montreal vs chicago. that way if a canadian team doesnt win the cup, at least its gonna be paraded through my city again.

but all of that is irrelevant in this thread. i'll always be a packer for life.

Can't wait to see Clowney Hypetrain get derailed.

I am as guilty as the next for riding the "hype-train" of Clowney, but my Texans fandom does not impact my belief that Clowney is one of the best pure athletes to enter the NFL in recent years. In fact, I was a fan of the young man long before I even suspected the Texans would have tumbled down the ladder to be in a position to obtain his services. I was elated that they made the right choice in selecting him.

My trepidations of this coming season revolve mainly around my ability withstand what I assume will be constant and never ending talk about Johnny Menziel. He seems to be entering the league with more gusto than Tim Tebow, and the degree to which they talked about him nearly drove me mad. I just can't withstand another year of that kind of over exposed coverage to a QB who will never ever fill the shoes the media tries so hard to put on their feet.

Can't wait to see Clowney Hypetrain get derailed.

Normally when ur that highly sought after and talked up like that and the play on the field backs it up then urs as close to can't miss as possible

But no one has ever questioned the motivation to play hard on such players in the past so I would not be shocked if he was the first "can't miss" who did miss

^lmao, arent you a ravens fan?

Nah they are just the home team...I got no hate to them and I want them to win games but I'm a cowboys can first and for most

I just like to stick it to steelers fans lol...but if they both keep slipping the Bengals will win the division again on them

^lmao, arent you a ravens fan?

Nah they are just the home team...I got no hate to them and I want them to win games but I'm a cowboys can first and for most

I agree whole heartedly.

I'll take my lumps now cuz we have been down for over a decade now but we will be back when jerry dies lol

You will be losing Andre Johnson soon it seems...he's not down for another re-building phase this late in his career

I don't look at it as a re-build really...ur texans are only missing a few players here and there

Colin Kaepernick reportedly signs a 6 year $110 million contract extension with ($61m guaranteed).

That's a lot of money to waste on a QB with a sub 60% completion percentage.

I'm shocked...his market value can't be that much...he's good but he's not that good damn

The 49ers were making great choices for the last 2 years on who the brought and cut from their teams

Their front office was killing it and that helped reflect on the field but this was stupid...and will cost them

I agree that it's too much but he's winning which is what matters and they had Blaine Gabbert on their roster making more than him. 17-6 in the regular season and 4-2 in the postseason and he is only 26 years old.

I think QBs get way to much credit for the teams overall success...they were doing number like that be4 he got there so I'm not giving much credit in terms of wins

Now if they were a 3-13 team or 5-11 or something like that be4 him I would say he's worth every dime...but that's not the case

He's a very talented player but that contract is a little much...80-95million I think is more worthy of him

But who knows...his agent my be a beast at the negotiating table

I agree that it's too much but he's winning which is what matters and they had Blaine Gabbert on their roster making more than him. 17-6 in the regular season and 4-2 in the postseason and he is only 26 years old.

I think QBs get way to much credit for the teams overall success...they were doing number like that be4 he got there so I'm not giving much credit in terms of wins

Now if they were a 3-13 team or 5-11 or something like that be4 him I would say he's worth every dime...but that's not the case

He's a very talented player but that contract is a little much...80-95million I think is more worthy of him

But who knows...his agent my be a beast at the negotiating table

I made this point a year or two ago on this forum. QBs get way too much credit for team wins. In the end, the reality is what the market dictates and having a good agent to negotiate definitely helps.

Colin Kaepernick reportedly signs a 6 year $110 million contract extension with ($61m guaranteed).

I'm shocked...his market value can't be that much...he's good but he's not that good damn

The 49ers were making great choices for the last 2 years on who the brought and cut from their teams

Their front office was killing it and that helped reflect on the field but this was stupid...and will cost them

It's actually a very team friendly contract, he gets payed how he plays and im pretty sure they can cut him at any point penalty free unless he is injured

It's actually a very team friendly contract, he gets payed how he plays and im pretty sure they can cut him at any point penalty free unless he is injured

I don't think it's friendly at all...it's 110 total and 61mil guaranteed I don't see how 61mil up front as being friendly to them?...Tom Brady didn't get that much I don't think in his last contract

Broncos-49ers-SeaHawks are the only ones who are in it to win the SB...everyone else is just lucky to make the playoffs and not face them in the first round lol

I think the Pats deserve a mention. Last year they made the AFC championship despite the fact that at one point they were without Gronk, their entire d-line, Brandon Spikes, Jerod Mayo, Adrian Wilson, Talib, Arington, Vreen, Ridley, and Amendola. And at the end of the season they lost Thompkins to injury as well, and Gronk got injured again. This year I doubt 9 of 11 defensive starters will see the PUP list again, and those young receiver will be better, especially with the addition of Lafell.

As for Kap's contract, I don't think it was a wise one. That run game and defense are what make them great, and after this year it will be depleted. They have to win the SB this year, after that they're done until 2020 or until they release him.

Archived