Why does the UFC expect us to buy crappy PPV's and Fight Pass?

mmalord45

Let's be honest so far the Fight Pass cards have been pretty much terrible. You can not watch them and not really miss that much in the MMA world because they aren't really that good. Also lately PPV's have been very subpar, like this one with Mighty Mouse. He is a very good fighter but he's not someone that can carry a ppv card at all. Honestly I'll be shocked if that card sells more than 250k buys. Same thing applies to the recent Barao card, and the under cards have been not good. A ppv should typically not have fighters I've never heard of on them. The UFC has downgraded the quality of their product but now is asking even more of the consumer to watch it. I understand I don't have to buy it and all that nonsense but it still applies.

OP, I will respect your opinion but come on man ... UFC 174 and 175 are STACKED !!! Are you kidding me ?

I TOTALLY agree with the Fight Scam Pass tho !

Fight Pass is the most pathetic thing I have seen !!!! The cards are truly pathetic. Most of the Fight Pass main events are between guys coming from losses, have you noticed ? lol

he has a point

at first they announced ufc 174 was coming to vancouver and im thinking cool maybe ill want to head up here. its been a few years since they came and i missed the last opportunity

and then i looked at the card :( i wouldnt even order this one on pay per view let alone head all the way out there and pay stupid prices for nosebleeds just to see fleemetrious johnson run around in circles for 25 minutes, and arlovski get ktfo'd for like the hundredth time.

really rustles me up. the quality of the cards has turned to **** ever since they started bringing in tonnes of new no name fighters and making new weight divisions.

he has a point

at first they announced ufc 174 was coming to vancouver and im thinking cool maybe ill want to head up here. its been a few years since they came and i missed the last opportunity

and then i looked at the card :( i wouldnt even order this one on pay per view let alone head all the way out there and pay stupid prices for nosebleeds just to see fleemetrious johnson run around in circles for 25 minutes, and arlovski get ktfo'd for like the hundredth time.

really rustles me up. the quality of the cards has turned to **** ever since they started bringing in tonnes of new no name fighters and making new weight divisions.

The need for more talent is present why watch only established stars when you can watch new ones evolve as well... As for mighty mouse i was contemplating ordering it to watch the russian mop the floor with him. Any way 1 things for sure it beats the hizell out of a show every 3 or 4 months...

Fight pass is amazing. You just a bum if you cant dish out 10 a month for HD quality events that can be streamed to your tv instantly. With a Library of every fight./event ever in UFC , Pride , Strikeforce etc..All the PPVs are added a few days later...

Fight pass is amazing. You just a bum if you cant dish out 10 a month for HD quality events that can be streamed to your tv instantly. With a Library of every fight./event ever in UFC , Pride , Strikeforce etc..All the PPVs are added a few days later...

That's not true, or at least not in my region. The last PPV to go up here is 170. The TV cards usually go up instantly here though.

ufc fight pass is amazing. you get to pay $120 a year + tax to watch a bunch of plugs fight each other in events that arent even worthy of being on your basic cable package. as an added bonus, you get to watch all the pay per views from months ago that youve probably already seen and know what happens one way or another. i guess the ufc is above having users get to watch a bunch of jobbers throw down on the facebook early prelims. oh yeah guess what? now thats locked behind a paywall too.

god i hate stupid gimmicks and paywalls and people who try to defend such an anti-consumer practice.

whats next? cut out all of the intro videos and walk-ins for all of the fighters and sell that off as exclusive fight club content too? great. as if i didnt have a clue who those cans were in the first place, now i never will. im sure theyve already started working on that as a priority. whatever way they can pinch a penny. ill just stop watching before i bend over for their greedy practices.

ufc fight pass is amazing. you get to pay $120 a year + tax to watch a bunch of plugs fight each other in events that arent even worthy of being on your basic cable package. as an added bonus, you get to watch all the pay per views from months ago that youve probably already seen and know what happens one way or another. i guess the ufc is above having users get to watch a bunch of jobbers throw down on the facebook early prelims. oh yeah guess what? now thats locked behind a paywall too.

god i hate stupid gimmicks and paywalls and people who try to defend such an anti-consumer practice.

whats next? cut out all of the intro videos and walk-ins for all of the fighters and sell that off as exclusive fight club content too? great. as if i didnt have a clue who those cans were in the first place, now i never will. im sure theyve already started working on that as a priority. whatever way they can pinch a penny. ill just stop watching before i bend over for their greedy practices.

Pretty much this ^ regarding Fight Pass.

It so funny how they "kicked off" the whole Fight Pass scam with Gus vs Manuwa (great matchup to get people signing up) then after that we got BigNog vs Roy (lmao) and Mousasi vs Munoz (good names but 2 guys coming from losses) not to mention the rest of these cards were simply pathetic .. oh forgot to mention Huna vs Marquardt who are also coming from losses lol

Im pretty happy and pumped with UFC 174 and 175 but as far Im concern UFC 176 is looking horrible so far !!!!

Or you could just dvr the new events on free tv like they used to be and look online to find replays of old fights even though watching old fights really doesn't appeal to me as I already know the outcomes.

Archived