EA Sports UFC Demo Available Now

Mcmax3000

For those that aren't aware, as of today, a free downloadable demo is available on Xbox One, and Playstation 4.

The Xbox One demo is available now in all regions, and the Playstation 4 demo is currently available in Europe from reports, with a North American release coming later this afternoon when the Playstation Store updates.

The demo features a brief tutorial, and a three round offline exhibition fight between UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones, and number one contender Alexander Gustafsson.

lol this game is ridiculous.

i recorded my first fight and it was rather ridiculous the damage i put on jon jones and he barely even flinched

yet the KO on the end was nothing short of a roflcopter. i think ill upload and share it.

it sure didnt seem like an MMA fight at all. but if i ever seen anything like this id be on the edge of my seat ****ting bricks in my pants.

lol this game is ridiculous.

i recorded my first fight and it was rather ridiculous the damage i put on jon jones and he barely even flinched

yet the KO on the end was nothing short of a roflcopter. i think ill upload and share it.

it sure didnt seem like an MMA fight at all. but if i ever seen anything like this id be on the edge of my seat ****ting bricks in my pants.

Stop complaining

better than undisputed 3 if you prefer the fight night engine mixed with ridiculous rock em sock em tactics but it feels like im punching pillows, all kinds of spinning herp de derp that youll never see in the 205 pound division, and two epic reoccuring ktfo animations that just look plain ridiculous.

graphics are awesome though and its pretty fun. doesnt really feel like an mma game. feels like an arcade fighting game, where the fighters have more special moves than the fighters on tekken lol

better than undisputed 3 if you prefer the fight night engine mixed with ridiculous rock em sock em tactics but it feels like im punching pillows, all kinds of spinning herp de derp that youll never see in the 205 pound division, and two epic reoccuring ktfo animations that just look plain ridiculous.

graphics are awesome though and its pretty fun. doesnt really feel like an mma game. feels like an arcade fighting game, where the fighters have more special moves than the fighters on tekken lol

It's time for you to go

You've proven that you are officially a can with no potential at all to make a decent post

just my opinion. trollie troll troll troll you dont have to read it. you can just go back under your bridge and play your beloved EA MMA, or the big broken mess that their ufc demo is on your xbox 720p/180 bone. whatever you call it these days. no need to be upset. most people have already seen the demo for what it is in the first couple hours anyways and could only hope that the final build doesnt resemble anything like this craptacluar jackie chan movie that EA just shovelled out today.

but hey. youre making big steps. you made a post that doesnt contain 'gay' 'matt brown' or '(insert whatever random word here)GOAT' littered all over it. thats gotta be the first time this year.

congratulations. youve reached level 2!

Yeah they should make it more realistic so that people only land 2-3 significant strikes a minute on average.

its not really that. its the flashy movesets that are uncharactaristic and uncommon to see in almost every single mma fight. but then you play the demo and its pretty much spin-to-win.

whens the last time youve ever seen jones throw all kinds of spinning capueira kicks mixed in there with crane kicks and front kicks to the face and flying knees off the cage? i didnt know gustaffson had the showtime kick and a german suplex in his arsenal. i mean once in a blue moon it may happen, but even the cpu on easy mode is attempting these moves at an alarming rate

its like these guys are ninja's. not your regular every day light heavyweight mma fighters.

if these are the movesets for most fighters in the final build, well hell, you better be including jet li, jackie chan, chuck norris, and the friggen power rangers in the roster too, as surely EA has gotten the ideas for this game straight out of a karate kid movie, and just copied most of the engine from EA MMA right over to it.

i dont even know what the hell this kick is technically called (flying round house wheel kick?!?) or when the last time somebody landed it flush to the face, but i would **** my pants if i ever saw gustaffson even attempt such a move throughout his entire career (though he very well might be inspired to attempt such a feat after playing as himself on this video game and thinking he just may be crazy enough to actually pull it off!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEUd5YD4K_Q

you can take their back from the clinch and then hold left bumper + left trigger and use right analog to german suplex them on the back of their skull over and over again all day long, but they just get right back up and shake it off as if you didnt even touch them

and theres plenty of cage work. by that, not only do i mean the showtime kick/flying knee/superman pressed off the cage, but also, if you can kick your opponent in the body hard enough, he backpedals up into the cage and then knocks himself out from the impact caused by brushing up against the cage. ive done that twice so far. ive still yet to see it happen in a ufc fight.

It's time for you to go

You've proven that you are officially a can with no potential at all to make a decent post

Lmao

So you want a chargable special move meter or something? Or do you want moves that happen once in a blue moon irl to be eradicated so that the player cannot select to use them more then is done irl?

I want you to take a step back and read what you're posting... A ufc game with moves straight out of a jackie chan or jet li movie... That sounds all right to me! If you want a ufc simulator I'm sure you can wait a little longer seeing as we have never had one yet.

what is wrong with what i said? i just wanted more realism. perhaps i just want it to feel more like an mma game. not going into every other fight with jon jones attempting a flying roundhouse 360 degree spinning herp-de-derp wheel kick, gustaffson constantly hitting a german suplex with triumphant success, or roy nelson constantly spamming his ever so popular flying knee to the head off the cage. uh oh. better beware of cain velasquez throwing his trademarked showtime kick or flying superman punch off the cage! whats next? is mark hunt going to take me down in the first round and submit me with an omoplata?

it just needs to be toned down and the movesets need to be changed to reflect the abilities of the actual fighter. what we have in this demo is crazy. you hold the left or right bumper and press a direction and any 4 buttons and all of a sudden youve got more special moves than you know what to do with. more than in a tekken game, and youd be lucky to see the fighter ever attempt it most of these at all during his career.

and sure, i would gladly wait for a 'ufc simulator' if it means receiving a quality product, instead of just EA rush rush rush rushing to shovel an unpolished problematic game that could have had potential out in time to meet a deadline like they do for almost every single god damn one of their other games, perhaps EA should have actually spent a few extra hours watching fight footage and highlights of the fighter on its roster, so they know what to base their fighters around and have the matches feel more like an MMA game rather than some arcade fighter resembling something you might only ever see in a jackie chan movie.

is that too ridiculous? im not asking for them to perform brain surgery on their god damn game. im asking for more realistic movesets similar to the fighter. how hard could that possibly be? Well. for EA, it is brain surgery when they actually have to spend some time tuning and tweaking their product making sure it delivers and the consumer will be pleased.

what is wrong with what i said? i just wanted more realism. perhaps i just want it to feel more like an mma game. not going into every other fight with jon jones attempting a flying roundhouse 360 degree spinning herp-de-derp wheel kick, gustaffson constantly hitting a german suplex with triumphant success, or roy nelson constantly spamming his ever so popular flying knee to the head off the cage. uh oh. better beware of cain velasquez throwing his trademarked showtime kick or flying superman punch off the cage! whats next? is mark hunt going to take me down in the first round and submit me with an omoplata?

You can do all that in your demo?!?

no doubt. this demo saved me $69.99 and tax.

thanks EA

thought ill get it if it turns out that the game aint like the demo. all that spinning power ranger crap all over the place and ridiculous move sets outside of the characters abilities is just too much to justify its price tag. the online play would be horrible going up against a bunch of ballerina fairies and crap every other fight and all you need to do on the demo is spin to win. i hope the final build aint anything like that.

yes. have you played it yet?

yes, and you can't do all that with all those characters in the demo. bottom line, you're making up crap and basing your rage on that. Fact is we don't know if these are moves permanently assigned to jj and gus or just examples of moves in the gaame that they gave to these two just for purposes of the demo. Either way you're making assumptions and being an ****.

sure you can. if you like i could record you a video of these ridiculous movesets. crane kicks. wheel kicks. roundhouses. showtime kicks. flying knees off the cage and supermans, spammable spinning back elbows, the list goes on dude. and its not like they are hard to perform. simply press the left or right bumper and a button and spam the same ridiculous move 3-4 times in a row and still have gas left

but all you have to do is play a couple matches and see for yourself, and both you and your opponent will be flying all over the place

and we dont know if all these ridiculous moves are going to be in the final build. fair. im glad they put out a demo first, that way i know not to go out and rush to buy a game i was waiting half a year for until i know that kind of ridiculous spinning herp de derp flying all over the place crap is only included in a select amount of fighters movesets - fighters who would be likely to use them.

jon jones and gustafsson spamming spinning cartwheel kicks and spinning 360 degree flying wheel kicks is ridiculous

you don't have to do those movies you nub

they are pretty much useless anyways, leave you way open

Yes, i agree, as irl mma, these moves may present extreme disadvantages in defense that skilled opponents can capitalize on. As irl mma, a fighter can spam these moves at the risk of getting severely knocked out therefore existing in gameplay not yet available could be a severe deterrent to spamming the moves. This could be even more realistic a simulator then previously thought.

really. so ill just throw leg kicks to the body when my opponent online is spamming his little ****ing fairy **** at me with next to no punishment. most of the time if you try to counter or throw a kick, it seems to go right through them and they just continue that

sorry but i cant dictate the way other people decide to play this game. its cheap as hell, and the mechanics of these spin moves are ridiculous and hella cheap. you better believe people online are going to spam the crap out of whatever mechanic is the most effective. theyre gonna run to that character and spam whatever cheapest way gets them the win, and in this case, its gonna be all these outrageous flashy "power moves" which are completely surreal to see guys like gustaffson throwing them around, and have next to no risk or punishment involved.

im not going to buy that crap if i have theres 6 or 7 fighters in every weight class doing that gay little fairy crap. most of the fun is online play, but the game mode will go to **** if every other fight, you got roy nelson and chael sonnen flying all over the place and using their flashy LOLkicks.

i must be imagining moves

riddle me this enigma

whens the last time youve seen jbj or gus throw any of these in an mma fight

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274803695232&gamertag=MajorPoopStorm&vid=dd8f2971-bcfc-4a15-a717-172172e5b013

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274803695232&gamertag=MajorPoopStorm&vid=18e3246c-bd25-4135-a349-70146fca3094

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274803695232&gamertag=MajorPoopStorm&vid=6ecee1e9-5f31-4834-bb56-8c77cf1e9910

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEUd5YD4K_Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20JInTTrrSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xmcqc9bCTPA#t=166

those are just a few clips from me and some other random dude. everybody is raving about this kind of wild crap every other game dude. just admit it, the game may look nice but its flawed and totally unrealistic dude.

hey while youre at it, watch the last one 10 seconds in, as i continue to land 4 consecutive head kicks as jbj runs right through it,

throwing uppercuts like nobodies business. he sure seems unphased to kicks to the head. especially at the end, where he eats another head kick and proceeds to not even flinch as he proceeds to jump up in the air and knock me out with some kind of a kick straight out of a ****ing jackie chan movie

you dont get punished at all by attempting these so called "high risk" moves. you can throw them 3-4 times in a row without running out of gas, and if you try to attack or take down your opponent while they are attempting this move, it doesnt even phase them. dont ****ing pretend that oh well hurr durr if you attempt it youre going to pay. no. maybe sometimes. maybe after the 4th time he tries to throw his showtime kick followed up by a spinning roundhouse + wheel kick combo you might land a hit in at the precise moment for the engine to detect it and stop him. the only other way to block it is by parrying, but you shouldnt have to if your opponent has his back to you and is trying to spin and you decide to throw like a push kick or something.

this game is spam proof, you just don't understand it

buy the game and play me online

try your spinning ****, I guarantee you won't beat me

dude the only way i can have any luck against you on injustice is by wildly spamming crap.

in ufc its too easy to win against the cpu just by spamming crap. cheap and overpowered. the only way im going to beat you is from spamming cheap crap like that. i mean i know it probably may not always go in my favour, but i stand a better chance at catching you with one of those and knocking you out rather than trying to time a bunch of body kicks and combo it up with a couple jabs and maybe an uppercut hoping that one of those little pitter patter punches might rock you.

hell i have alot more success going for the wild jackie chan **** in the demo and landing it against a cpu on easy than i do just trying to box with him or submit him. though the ground game is real easy now ive gotten used to it but i come to bang homie.

Green eggs and ham.

so first you herp your derp about how theres none of these outrageous moves in the demo that i claim, and then i go out of my way to show you just a few prime examples where this stuff is undeniable and is indeed happening, and you dont want to bother with it

yeah buddy. ban yourself for trolling. just admit it. you love the wildness of this ridiculous mess of a demo and you dont want to admit why its so god damn flawed, as youre spending your $60 on it solely out of interest for MMA rather than wanting to play a game that feels more like MMA.

flawless? lmfao

okay. answer my question then. i called all that crap outrageous. youll never see it from those fighters. its straight out of a jackie chan movie. whens the last time gustaffson or jones ever attempted any of those moves i shown in the videos in any of their actual fights? is there even a video of them training at the gym trying something of that nature even just once. Not 5 times in a row like you can do with success in the UFC demo

i provided you 6 quick videos. please provide me one. until then, your so called 'flawless game' is flawed.

oh thats great. a bait and switch! some MMA casuals might like the concept of all the flying and spinning and jumping ridiculousness with every press of a button, and decide to want to go and buy the game just so they can have fun with all those flashy bruce lee and jet li moves.

then they go and buy the game and find out its not anything like what they seen in the demo afterall. Hey i picked alexander gustaffson. wheres my flying roundhouse wheel kick or showtime kick off the cage?!?

great job EA! It sure worked for you with nhl 13, giving out a demo of a completely different game and all.

rightttt

part of the fun online was throwing those cheap power shots and landing them. you damn well better believe its gonna be spammed. why would you not want to attempt the showtime kick with roy nelson or alexander gustaffson if you thought you could land it and finish the fight? are people going to do it? hell yeah. should the be able to? No. whens the last time youve seen those guys throw a jumping anything?

undisputed was great. you could be getting your **** handed to you and just start spamming high kicks or superman punches and all you needed was that one to go through.

on ea mma, as i have clearly displayed, you can head kick a guy 2 times, then kick him 4 more times in the head consecutively and he doesnt even flinch. and then other times they drop with the almighty 'reach out to jesus' pose

it is fun. but its not realistic for an mma game. it feels more like an arcade rock em sock fighting game

if gustafsson can throw these crazy moves, roy nelson should be able to throw them too. after all, he's announced by bruce buffer as a kung fu fighter. and considering theres a dead guy whos never even fought in the octagon ea is clearly throwing in this crap to cater to the casual fans of fighting games for the sake of money, rather than being loyal to the real fight fans and giving them a game that replicates the sport that theyve came to love over the past few years

i am not impressed by the demos performance. it doesnt feel like im in a mma match. im even sitting there simulating matches and watching two fighters consistantly do moves straight out of a jet li movie that you would never ever see those same fighters attempt in a real mma fight. this is surely ea's way to money grab off the name of the UFC, all while delivering a game that doesnt resemble it at all in the demo.

and then what if they do change the movesets and make it more realistic? then its just a bait and switch. its lose-lose either way for shoveling out such a ridiculous demo consisting of two guys going full-spiderman on each other flying and spinning all over the place just to try to sell a product that ends up completely different. is this really what to expect out of the full version? if so, then the game mechanics are going to be ridiculous and for using the UFC as a brand name for a video game, its going to be one of the LOLfails of the year in terms of realism and how it portrays mma. if not, then why bother putting out a demo if the actual game isnt going to be anything like it at all?

its a ridiculous mess in almost every way.

it is fun. but its not realistic for an mma game. it feels more like an arcade rock em sock fighting game

if gustafsson can throw these crazy moves, roy nelson should be able to throw them too. after all, he's announced by bruce buffer as a kung fu fighter. and considering theres a dead guy whos never even fought in the octagon ea is clearly throwing in this crap to cater to the casual fans of fighting games for the sake of money, rather than being loyal to the real fight fans and giving them a game that replicates the sport that theyve came to love over the past few years

i am not impressed by the demos performance. it doesnt feel like im in a mma match. im even sitting there simulating matches and watching two fighters consistantly do moves straight out of a jet li movie that you would never ever see those same fighters attempt in a real mma fight. this is surely ea's way to money grab off the name of the UFC, all while delivering a game that doesnt resemble it at all in the demo.

and then what if they do change the movesets and make it more realistic? then its just a bait and switch. its lose-lose either way for shoveling out such a ridiculous demo consisting of two guys going full-spiderman on each other flying and spinning all over the place just to try to sell a product that ends up completely different. is this really what to expect out of the full version? if so, then the game mechanics are going to be ridiculous and for using the UFC as a brand name for a video game, its going to be one of the LOLfails of the year in terms of realism and how it portrays mma. if not, then why bother putting out a demo if the actual game isnt going to be anything like it at all?

its a ridiculous mess in almost every way.

Sounds like you're playing the PS4 version, try it on Xbox Juan

why would i want to play the same damn game on a different console where it is probably going to end up running at a lower resolution or framerate?

half of the lolworthy videos im watching are from people uploading from their 720 bone. its the same damn thing homie. you can throw a 360 degree spinning herp-de-derp in-the-air roundhouse wheel kick with alexander gustaffson on both consoles mang.

why would i want to play the same damn game on a different console where it is probably going to end up running at a lower resolution or framerate?

half of the lolworthy videos im watching are from people uploading from their 720 bone. its the same damn thing homie. you can throw a 360 degree spinning herp-de-derp in-the-air roundhouse wheel kick with alexander gustaffson on both consoles mang.

Lol you probably suck at the game

That's why you're mad

Lol you probably suck at the game

That's why you're mad

why would i be mad? i do suck at the game. i dont even train. i dont even use the block button when im standing up. i bet you do, because youre scared homie. you can rock me 10 times but im the undertaker ****. i can just drink a few beers and go into my first match and you can beat the **** out of me as hard as you want but im still gonna come back and knock your **** out

with a questionmark kick. lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuA2QS-1kZY&feature=youtu.be

Archived