Cut Munoz?

UFCCagerattler

This thread reminds me, some guy on Bleacher Report (yeah I shamefully go on there) wrote an article and was like "we pretty much all knew if Benson didn't beat Khabilov he would've been cut"

I actually lol'd

He is probably making a pretty big salary. A lot more than the P4P best MMA fighter in the world. Barao who got paid $76K

Henderson is a headliner who draws like 9000 people. IN UFC bottom line terms he does not make a lot of sense.

This thread reminds me, some guy on Bleacher Report (yeah I shamefully go on there) wrote an article and was like "we pretty much all knew if Benson didn't beat Khabilov he would've been cut"

I actually lol'd

He is probably making a pretty big salary. A lot more than the P4P best MMA fighter in the world. Barao who got paid $76K

Henderson is a headliner who draws like 9000 people. IN UFC bottom line terms he does not make a lot of sense.

You can't use that as your evidence, Barao is nowhere near the P4P best MMA fighter in the world lol.

Bendo would make plenty more, but the UFC use him to headline cards, they didn't with Shields and Okami. Shields headline the event with Maia but that was moreso Maia carrying the card since it was Brazil and he had a lot of momentum, Okami never really headlined any card (against Silva it was a similar situation to Shields against Maia).

Also with those 2 cases they were both pretty boring fighters, Bendo hadn't finished a fight in ages but he still put on pretty good fights

They use him to headline cards that draw 8000 people and make $600K

He is in Shields/Okami territory for sure.

It was Dana who called Bararo the number 1 P4P fighter.

He called him that before he got absolutely dominated and outclassed by a guy who couldn't even make it into the EA UFC game.

How big did you expect the Albuquerque card to be? He drew plenty more on the other FOX cards he headline (probably bar the Thomson one) and the PPVs. Those cards had bigger names on the card but still, I'm not sure how big you expect any FN card headliner to draw.

Munoz got soft. He needs to get that eye of the tiger back. If you guys look at his early fights and compare them to his last 3 fights or so, you'll see a big difference. He hesitates a lot now and doesn't really commit to all his punches or takedowns etc.

Could he drop to 170 ?!

He seems a small MW to me !

No way he could make 170 without a rumble like cut. He's fought at 205 before. Out of shape and depressed after Weidman nearly killed him he ballooned up to 261 pounds Rampage style. He's about 220 in shape so 185 is still a good weight cut. At 170 and he would look like Death eating a cracker on the scales and kidney failure is never fun.

Munoz contract has expired and he has been removed from the rankings.

I see no reason he shouldn't go to Bellator or elsewhere for a couple of years and try to fight his way back in.

College wrestlers are a dime a dozen.

He's 37 and fighting for a paycheck at this stage of his career, lost 3 of his last 4, two by ko ...

he wouldn't be fighting for a title at Bellator and the bigger paycheck for a card-filler is the UFC .

Munoz should consider coaching fulltime imo because he really looks like he hasn't got a clue

in the octagon lately -

They're getting his new contract in order. I doubt he's going anywhere.

I agree, .. the UFC is still trying to give the sport a big push here in the Philippines although it will

never overtake boxing . They try to promote events using Munoz & Vera (neither of which speak Filipino),

they even used Eddie "The Phenom" Yagin who won a split w/ Hominick & Phillipie Nover who was prone

to feinting spells before his matches (*both semi-retired from serious competition) .

Yeah, they'll sign the Wrecked Machine for a couple more, the first will be a meatball for sure ...

after Dana gives him that gift I would like to see him try Tavares (Hawaiian/ Filipino heritage) or maybe

Uriah Hall -

Archived