Sign in to follow this  
MauroPedrosa

*** 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread ***

Soccer actually pulls better attendance consistently than every sport in the US except for football. Soccer will never be popular in the US because it's not as commercially profitable as other sports. Their are no timeouts, innings, or break in the action. Just one half time so no channels will touch it.

There is no way their average attendance is better than baseball. Interest has been dwindling in basketball and also hockey so maybe soccer wins in average attendance but not total attendance. Hockey has been getting better recently but their arenas are usually pretty small too which I have no idea how big a soccer stadium is.

As far as putting it on tv it's pretty easy to do. Advertisements on fields, walls, etc. They can do commercials on half the screen and the game on the other half like they do Nascar and or show commercials and always cut away if something interesting happens (which shouldn't ever be a problem). It's never on tv because there just isn't enough interest in it in the U.S. currently. It is gaining popularity though and I know places like MN are trying to start an MLS team so who knows in the future.

Obviously not total attendance as baseball seasons have 100+ more games than soccer but the average Major League Soccer game has a higher attendance than the average baseball or basketball game. Also unlike MMA, soccer actually is the fastest growing sport in the US right now. It has added 6 new teams in the last 6 years and is adding 4 more in the next 3 years. Also unlike MMA, it's ratings are actually increasing. I actually like the idea of split screen if it helped it get on tv but soccer isn't Nascar.

Why do some of you feggits have to come in here and troll. If you don't like soccer, then GTFO. Thanks.

Why do some of you feggits have to come in here and troll. If you don't like soccer, then GTFO. Thanks.

I'm not trolling

lol i guess we're going to pretend that wasn't an own goal though...?

The Brazil team of the 2000's would poo all over this Brazil team. I like Neymar but watching Brazil's recent sloppy play makes me miss Ronaldino, Ronaldo, Kaka,

This always the case with brazil. Even when they don't deserve it they still squeeze out a filthy little win in the end. Look at Sonnen - Silva 1

Eventhough I spit on this unholy quality, it is admittedly still a quality.

**** I was dead asleep. Got off work at 4am and didn't get to sleep til after 5.

Luckily my friend texted me "pk's" and woke me up. Hopped outta bed and watched them.

Julio Cesar though.

Rodriguez advances to the Quarters.

Brazil vs Colombia - quarters.

Brazil vs Nigeria - semis.

And the much anticipated Brazil vs Greek in the finals.

Colombia has a good team this year and so did Chile. Once it went to penalty kicks, it was leaning toward favoring for the Brazilian team. Their goalkeeper was too strong.

• Like 1

I think Brazil might struggle against Columbia I don't mind who wins that one tho just a feeling. That was a wonder goal from Rodriguez.

I think Holland are going far in this tournament but I do like Mexico they've been quite impressive hopefully it's a good game but I'm pretty sure the dutch will win it.

Holland are going home here. These Mexicans are too organized after that stunner from Giovanni

Argentina has been overrated - they had a very weak group so far and didn't look as sharp compared to the competition they played against..

• Like 1

Lol. Went to put my daughters to bed at the 85th minute. WTF?!?

91st minute and the Greeks sneak a goal to level.

Costa Rica deserved that. Couldn't buy a call earlier

How i picture the typical soccer hater...

southpark-nerd2.jpg

I'd MUCH rather be that guy than be a soccer fan.

It's not called soccer, it's called football and it was around long before steroid freaks decided to put plastic ish on their bodies and run into each other holding a leather egg.

Football is played and loved by the vast majority of countries the world over. Wars have been started over football. It's the absolute no1 sport on the planet overall. Football IS emotion.

Football IS emotion.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12072-1385492105-11.gif

Lol, soccer is for girly men. And it is soccer. Football players aren't poor sissies.

Football IS emotion.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12072-1385492105-11.gif

Lol, soccer is for girly men. And it is soccer. Football players aren't poor sissies.

Look at his teammate crying lmao!

This sport is built off of being a ****.

Woooow... How can You not love football after such a game... Crazy.

inb4 @juice64011‌ and @PATSTER

lol, I actually thought that I have been good about hating on the sport.

It's not called soccer, it's called football and it was around long before steroid freaks decided to put plastic ish on their bodies and run into each other holding a leather egg.

Football is played and loved by the vast majority of countries the world over. Wars have been started over football. It's the absolute no1 sport on the planet overall. Football IS emotion.

The sport was called soccer before football so you point is invalid.

Gets Crane kicked with Shin Guards right in the face, continues to play... what a sissie. lol

wasted.gif

I got hit in the face with a metal baseball bat shattering my nose and I wasn't a **** about it.

That kick isn't even hard lmao. If he had to leave the game, it would be even more embarrassing than the gifs I've posted.

Gets Crane kicked with Shin Guards right in the face, continues to play... what a sissie. lol

wasted.gif

I got hit in the face with a metal baseball bat shattering my nose and I wasn't a **** about it.

That kick isn't even hard lmao. If he had to leave the game, it would be even more embarrassing than the gifs I've posted.

That kick would knock MM out cold :P

wasted.gif

That kick would knock MM out cold :P

LoL No. Mighty Mouse is too damn fast... He can't be touched.

7954256.jpg

wasted.gif

Who hit u in the nose? lol

wasted.gif

My ****ing brother when I was a kid.

wasted.gif

internet-tough-guy.jpg

wasted.gif

My ****ing brother when I was a kid.

I like your brother... make him post here. lol