Sign in to follow this  
MauroPedrosa

*** 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread ***

Your hate spam for soccer is rivaled only by your emo spam when people don't like Mighty Mouse as much as you do.

soccer_doubledive.gif?w=324&h=244

Show me a sport where even the coach will flop lmao

That coach was lucky to wake up from that assault

Not going to argue those gifs aren't sad and hilarious at the same time but their are fake injuries in every sport including MMA but it's a pretty beta reason to hate the sport.

How long does the World Cup last?

Too long

That's what I thought too, I just wanted to know so I knew how long I had to avoid ESPN. I turned it on last night and they had baseball highlights and some reason put a pic of ref holding a red card when people were getting thrown out of the game. So even when they aren't talking about soccer they have to include it which annoys the hell out of me since a majority of American sports fans aren't interested in that sport. Now Wimbledon started today so I have two sports I could care less about getting 24/7 coverage on there.

Fox Sports 1 is another option if you have that from your cable provider. There's not much going on besides soccer, golf and baseball with news coverage about football players not attending training camp or which people are going to opt out into free agency for basketball.

• Like 1

U.S. should make it to the next round. Chance are on their side. Win, lose, or draw they could make it.

Hopefully Portugal/Ghana ties and if anything Portugal beats Ghana (which they should, but Ghana is good).

I'm not too frightened at Germany anymore. Ghana was able to do well against them and tie. The way the U.S. has been playing, I believe they can beat them. If they tie, then they're good.

All of the games in this group have been good. I think they've been the best out of all the groups.

U.S. should make it to the next round. Chance are on their side. Win, lose, or draw they could make it.

Hopefully Portugal/Ghana ties and if anything Portugal beats Ghana (which they should, but Ghana is good).

I'm not too frightened at Germany anymore. Ghana was able to do well against them and tie. The way the U.S. has been playing, I believe they can beat them. If they tie, then they're good.

All of the games in this group have been good. I think they've been the best out of all the groups.

diving%20soccer.gif

referee is probably also a mma judge

also lost respect for suarez and his **** **** bite attack

Lost respect? he's been a scumbag from day one. Shame really, good player.

Too long

That's what I thought too, I just wanted to know so I knew how long I had to avoid ESPN. I turned it on last night and they had baseball highlights and some reason put a pic of ref holding a red card when people were getting thrown out of the game. So even when they aren't talking about soccer they have to include it which annoys the hell out of me since a majority of American sports fans aren't interested in that sport. Now Wimbledon started today so I have two sports I could care less about getting 24/7 coverage on there.

Fox Sports 1 is another option if you have that from your cable provider. There's not much going on besides soccer, golf and baseball with news coverage about football players not attending training camp or which people are going to opt out into free agency for basketball.

I always forget about that channel besides UFC Prelims. It's just not the same but may be my only option for awhile.

There's been some games that have been extremely boring to watch and some games that have been exciting. It's the same thing with any sport though.

• Like 1

Lost respect? he's been a scumbag from day one. Shame really, good player.

didn't know that before..

You lose respect after 3 bites. If they don't ban him, then it's rigged.

I can't believe people are talking more about Suarez than the absolute BULL**** of the end of the Greece / Ivory Coast match that was the worst penalty I've seen all cup - THEN the ****ing ref blows the whistle INSIDE of extra time!

That happened about 12 hours ago and I'm still incredibly rustled about that

****ing HATE greeks!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe people are talking more about Suarez than the absolute BULL**** of the end of the Greece / Ivory Coast match that was the worst penalty I've seen all cup - THEN the ****ing ref blows the whistle INSIDE of extra time!

I had no problem with the call. I didn't know they were supposed to allow cheating in extra time.

I had no problem with the call. I didn't know they were supposed to allow cheating in extra time.

wait you had no problem with zero contact and the greek **** jamming his toe into the turf and falling over and getting a penalty that put them into the final 16? cmon bro..

also, 4 mins extra time, is playing time. When the ball goes out, is stopped, a foul or a penalty is called they generally add that time back on. Given that it went out about three times then that penalty was called, and scored, and taken back to the centre for kick off, that 4 mins should've lasted at least 6... but it went 3.20. He blew the whistle when IC had possession in their half.

So, dodgy penalty given, gives them the win, and whistle blown early to ensure it.

How greek ARE you? Are you eating baklava as you type this?

Too long

Bro... you've won these prediction games before which means you clearly aren't a can when it comes to predicting sporting events. Once you start gambling on different sports, you will discover why all these people watch soccer and tennis.

I used to ****ing hate both of those sports. Now I gamble on those two more than any other sport. They're the most predictable and easiest to bank on.

Too long

Bro... you've won these prediction games before which means you clearly aren't a can when it comes to predicting sporting events. Once you start gambling on different sports, you will discover why all these people watch soccer and tennis.

I used to ****ing hate both of those sports. Now I gamble on those two more than any other sport. They're the most predictable and easiest to bank on.

True, I do better predicting football than MMA. Although I never predict for money, just for fun.

You should give it a shot, but be selective.

I can't tell you how much money I've made on Bayern Munich in the last few years.. whatever the number is, it's absurd. Man City and Atletico Madrid were kind to me this year also.

I'm pissed off.

Had tickets for D winner vs C runner-up. Three god damn world champions in D. Then comes Costa Rica and ****s me in the ****.

I'm pissed off.

Had tickets for D winner vs C runner-up. Three god damn world champions in D. Then comes Costa Rica and ****s me in the ****.

Costa Rica is GOAT

I put a soccer game on just now.

30 seconds of nothing happening and already a guy is rolling around on the ground crying even though nothing happened.

Lmao

Lmao this soccer **** is gay as hell

No wonder Jose Aldo likes it so much

At least they're not cuddling half naked lol

Too long

I like gambling but I don't see myself getting into soccer. I can stand watching tennis for a bit if two of the top guys are playing. I guess I have never bet on either though. The hardest sport I've bet on so far is golf. I bet on every major championship and no one really has a clue who is going to do good since there are so many variables.

Lmao this soccer **** is gay as hell

No wonder Jose Aldo likes it so much

At least they're not cuddling half naked lol

It's not cuddling, bro.

It's called grappling. It's very exciting and a reason why GSP is the top PPV star.

Go watch some WWF.

WWF is way more GOAT than soccer.

On a side note, if the U.S. doesn't move on, is ESPN going to keep cramming the World Cup down my throat or will it get banished to ESPN News or some hidden channel like that?

WWF is way more GOAT than soccer.

On a side note, if the U.S. doesn't move on, is ESPN going to keep cramming the World Cup down my throat or will it get banished to ESPN News or some hidden channel like that?

Don't worry, I will spam your inbox with updates.