Goodbye Bellator, Hello Strikeforce!!

Pigs-On-The-Wing

I've been hearing about Viacom not like Bjork for a while, Scott Coker is a boss. He'll give us the fights we want like Fedor vs James Thomson and Fedor vs Eric Prindle

James Thomson retired from mma and is teaching Advanced Linear Calculus at Oxford -

aaf-pfc34b.gif

From the sounds of it, them leaving is official, but Coker taking over is not yet official.

At the very least, I'd bet this is the end of the tournament format. They've clearly been trying to move away from that for months anyway with all of the tweaks to the rules to allow them to make the matches they want to make, so they might as well go ahead, and dump it completely.

(They've already announced tournaments for the fall I believe, so I expect those happen, and it's phased out in the spring)

Yeah, the tournament format was kind of what made them unique and kept people interested in many of the no name fighters. If they compeltely get rid of it then they will go under. At the same time their current format is not viable for the future so they need to find some middle ground.

Apparently it's confirmed that they're dropping the tournament format, which I didn't expect them to do quite this quickly.

I think they'd be smart to still do tournaments, but do maybe one a year, so it becomes a special attraction rather than their normal operations.

lol Mo still mad

Rampage - "The first time Chuck and I fought was in Japan. PRIDE reps asked me to give him a good beating even though I had two fights that night. I lost my second fight that night cause I did what they asked, and they stood up the fight with Wanderlei too soon, in my opinion. MMA hasn't had my back the way I had its back. Time for me to think about retirement. Or fighting for myself."

just keeps getting better and better.

"Basically Viacom wants to compete neck and neck with UFC. Bjorn didn’t see that as a sound strategy and he butted heads. Made enemies."

https://twitter.com/FrontRowBrian/status/479451538398908416

The more competition (business wise) the better MMA will strive.

Ive missed strikeforce since day 1, hopefully Coker could bring Bellator back to that level.

They cannot compete neck and neck with the UFC, it's not possible. There's probably 100 contracted UFC fighters that could be Bellator champions

just keeps getting better and better.

"Basically Viacom wants to compete neck and neck with UFC. Bjorn didn’t see that as a sound strategy and he butted heads. Made enemies."

https://twitter.com/FrontRowBrian/status/479451538398908416

The more competition (business wise) the better MMA will strive.

Ive missed strikeforce since day 1, hopefully Coker could bring Bellator back to that level.

They cannot compete neck and neck with the UFC, it's not possible. There's probably 100 contracted UFC fighters that could be Bellator champions

Strikeforce has been the closest thing since Pride though.

Bellator is barely a blip on the radar.

y like the tournaments but they should be bigger and less often like a 16 man gp that could also sort out their rankings, that way theres not like 4 fighters st a time lining up for their picks. I liked Bjorn. probably got recruited by UFC FIR WHEN dana retires and Rogan rejects the job offer lol

Archived