Anyone here watch fight quest?

StompGrind

I've been watching a whole bunch of them recently on Youtube. They're pretty cool. It's interesting reading the comments defending traditional martial arts and saying MMA is garbage etc. when the host aren't even good fighters they're just tough and game but lousy fighters and still own the traditional martial artist at thier own game most of the time and at a huge disadvantage of having only trained in it for 5 days being unconditioned for that specitifc type of fighting and often broken down physically by the time they fight.

The Krav Maga episode was brutal. Those guys/gal are nuts. Silat episode was interesting. Kali was banana's with all the crazy rituals, dark magic type crap and was pretty intense. Kyokushin guys were fierce and legit. Kajukembo dudes were like fight club with 3 seconds of ground. None of them were skilled except for the big black dude. Dat elbow was nasty and just proves why shooting low in a street situation exposes your neck/spine.

The Wing Chun episode was hilarious. They owned them but Jimmy lost his match because of "style". lol

I also watched another one called Kung Fu quest. Pretty interesting but much of the fighters/masters are such flukes even if some of the principles and concepts are fairly sound. I really enjoyed the Shaolin Monk episode just for how insanely dedicated they were. If those guys trained in Sanda & BJJ or Sambo they'd be monsters. They're already supreme athletes, super disciplined & seem pretty unshakable mentally.

Yeah I watched it when it came out, was pretty entertaining. I don't remember everything but I remember the Krav episode with the crazy chick instructor. mental ****

Another similar show (I should say pretty much exactly the same) that was playing at the same time called human weapon with an ex nfl player and another dude wasn't too bad either. Like I said its exactly the same just with different guys.

Yeah I watched it when it came out, was pretty entertaining. I don't remember everything but I remember the Krav episode with the crazy chick instructor. mental ****

Another similar show (I should say pretty much exactly the same) that was playing at the same time called human weapon with an ex nfl player and another dude wasn't too bad either. Like I said its exactly the same just with different guys.

Yeah the human weapon one was ok. The NFL dude is kind of a d-bag though and i didn't find at as interesting because he's not as intense and the show didn't go that deep into technique, history etc. from what i remember.

Something that was really cool with the Fight Quest is they'd talk about technique, strategy and a bit about the history origins etc.. They had a lot of that on the Kung Fu quest and it was interesting how so much of Kung Fu is internal theories about the body and the tactics are almost all based off weapons particularly long spears. Their techniques are pretty iffy at best though and predicated on too much theory and predetermined actions that really only happen for that particular style vs that style.

Some of the concepts are sound though like center line theory, off balancing & up rooting an opponents balance by destroying their center of gravity, different ways on how to generate power with rooting, breath, structural alignment and flow. That was interesting and scientifically sound in a sense but also too analytical over thinking requiring to many predetermined actions unrealistic multi move sequences which make them impractical in many cases.

Archived