How is Gilbert going to take pettis' belt?

jamamaw

Gilbert Melendez is (as of the Sanchez fight and Penn dropping to 145) my favorite LW, and I will always root for him (even if he's nailing my wife) but I just don't think he has the speed to deal with Pettis. Even with his massive experience advantage, I think he gets outstruck until the bell rings.

That being said, I'll take a sig/namechange bet on him winning, because I suck at picking fights.

Given both Pettis' track record for injury, and the UFC's general track record with TUF Coaches fights not happening, I'll believe this fight is actually happening when Bruce Buffer is in the middle of the Octagon screaming their names.

Given both Pettis' track record for injury, and the UFC's general track record with TUF Coaches fights not happening, I'll believe this fight is actually happening when Bruce Buffer is in the middle of the Octagon screaming their names.

Pettis will get injured in the stare down as they are touching gloves. He will break his wrist or twist his ankle.

He should just retire or step down already if he's not gonna defend the belt.

Pettis beats people who tap to strikes. (Cerrone, Bendo, etc.)

Gilbert won't tap, homie.

Melendez has natural toughness, but Pettis is on a whole other level.

Gilbert either taps or sleeps.

Seems legit. Pettis is so tough he's always injured and barely fights.

That's one way to interpret it.

Another might be that since Pettis only fights when he's 100% -- if you face him, you're fighting the best version of Pettis possible.

Gilbert is going to get destroyed.

Another might be that since Pettis only fights when he's 100% -- if you face him, you're fighting the best version of Pettis possible.

I agree Gil will probably get destroyed but Pootis is still a fight ducking can.

I agree Gil will probably get destroyed but Pootis is still a fight ducking can.

lol still mad he schooled Bendo?

Who would be mad Split Decision Bendo got bodied?

He was one of the worst champions in UFC history.

I was never mad. Just disappoint with Benson.

Stomp liked Bendo

Thought he was some sort of BJJ Wizard lmao

I still like him. I just hope he doesn't start fighting like a point fighting can again. I'm not a ban wagoner & stick by fighters i like but i admit i wavered a little during his championship reign because he wasn't going after it and started getting arrogant which the opposite is what made me a fan of him in the first place.

I never claimed he was a bjj wizard just a good well rounded mixed martial artist and great athlete plus i like his humble attitude and gameness to fight everyone.

Pettis has rustled a bunch of jimmies by being out due to injury. Don't worry he will finish each of your favorite fighters in the LW division in due time.

Aldo will kill him. Josh The punk will punk him everywhere. Khabib will throw him for 5 and i'm not even a fan of him. Pre concussed Grant perhaps lays heavy hands on him. Edgar will outpoint if he came back to LW. Penn with gas will murder him. Guida will UD again. Benson can UD him but i think for some reason Pettis might be his kryptonite.

Who else is a good LW? Oh yeah Gil lol

Pettis has rustled a bunch of jimmies by being out due to injury. Don't worry he will finish each of your favorite fighters in the LW division in due time.

Aldo will kill him. Josh The punk will punk him everywhere. Khabib will throw him for 5 and i'm not even a fan of him. Pre concussed Grant perhaps lays heavy hands on him. Edgar will outpoint if he came back to LW. Penn with gas will murder him. Guida will UD again. Benson can UD him but i think for some reason Pettis might be his kryptonite.

3819722-7889677539-36970.jpg

h40A94D1E

Archived