UFC 175: Weidman vs. Machida - Official Discussion Thread

Mcmax3000

Saturday, July 5, 2014 - Mandalay Bay Event Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
VHo_Oe_Yt.jpg

FIGHT CARD

MAIN CARD (Pay Per View, 10:00 p.m. ET)
UFC.TV Pay Per View Link | Start Time in All Regions | How to Watch

•  
  • Chris Weidman vs. Lyoto Machida (UFC Middleweight Championship)
  •  
  • Ronda Rousey vs. Alexis Davis (UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship)
  •  
  • Matt Mitrione vs. Stefan Struve
  •  
  • Uriah Hall vs. Thiago “Marreta” Santos
  •  
  • Marcus Brimage vs. Russell Doane
  •  

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8:00 p.m. ET)
Fight Pass Link (Blackout in Effect) | Start Time in All Regions | How to Watch

•  
  • Alex Caceres vs. Urijah Faber
  •  
  • Ildemar Alcantara vs. Kenny Robertson
  •  
  • Chris Camozzi vs. Bruno Santos
  •  
  • Rob Font vs. George Roop
  •  

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7:00 p.m. ET)
Fight Pass Link | Start Time in All Regions | How to Watch

•  
  • Kevin Casey vs. William “Bubba” Bush
  •  
  • Guilherme Vasconcelos vs. Luke Zachrich
  •  

Poll Question

Who leaves Las Vegas as the UFC Middleweight Champion?

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
03-MaiaWeidman-UFConFox-068.jpg

mmaepg-vertical.jpg

LyGOATo will KO this lay n pray cheating can

**** off troll.

Chris weidmeng is the modern day Koscheck

Had to poke Maia in the eye and lay n pray him to win LOL

Machida has a chin made of soft serve ice cream, no one needs to lay and pray him except a pillow fisted can like fatpage, he's getting slept in the first *********.

@McMod you do realize you have Mighty Mouse vs Baugatinov listed as the main event right? Are you checking to see if anyone pays attention?

Nah, I copy & paste these things each event so I don't have to re-do the formatting each time...

But it is nice to know that at least one person reads that post, since pretty much every event people are asking the start time when it's right in that post.

This main card is possibly the worst ever.

WTF is Kevin Casey doing on the Poop Pass prelims? That is a travesty!

WHAT!

The ****ing King is back!

how did I not know this? This is huge!

Enormous.

I think they're trying to force people to buy Poop Pass by using The King to lure them in. That's why he's the "main event".

It's genius.

This card truly sucks, I may not watch its that bad.

as for the main event, I can honestly say I hate macheater more than Weidman so I gotta go with a draw

But, but, but, how can it not be the biggest card of the year? The first fight is some can with 1 fight in the UFC!

@McMod you do realize you have Mighty Mouse vs Baugatinov listed as the main event right? Are you checking to see if anyone pays attention?

Nah, I copy & paste these things each event so I don't have to re-do the formatting each time...

But it is nice to know that at least one person reads that post, since pretty much every event people are asking the start time when it's right in that post.you should up your build, it would notify you of such mindless acts.

as for the main event, I can honestly say I hate macheater more than Weidman so I gotta go with a draw

But, but, but, how can it not be the biggest card of the year? The first fight is some can with 1 fight in the UFC!

My bad, I show a total lack of knowledge. GOAT, I shall keep on my DVR for eternity

Whenever women are the co-main event that sucks. I'm not sure if I should buy the pay per view. Will Machida put up a good fight, or will this end up like Machida- Hendo and Machida- Tito?

Whenever women are the co-main event that sucks. I'm not sure if I should buy the pay per view. Will Machida put up a good fight, or will this end up like Machida- Hendo and Machida- Tito?

Nope, it's going to end up like Machida vs Shogun 2.

12 - 12 votes, 50/50 Fight.

I'll be rooting for Machida though.... Waaaar The Dragon

13-12 for the Dragon!

Next two division champ. Blee Dat!

It was like 50-5 for Weidman vs Silva 1, and 40-25 for Weidman vs Silva 2.

The more people think Machida is going to win on this forum, the less chance he has.

how in heaven is marcus brimage and uriah hall on the main card but FABER is not? WTF

there's a reason why he's maining the prelim card, i get that.

The problem is they used to be able to do things like this while still having worthy fighters on the main card. not anymore.

how in heaven is marcus brimage and uriah hall on the main card but FABER is not? WTF

The problem is they used to be able to do things like this while still having worthy fighters on the main card. not anymore.

yea no i get that but faber is a huge draw imo if you were going to have a headliner for the prelims it shouldn't affect the buy rate of the ppv

yea no i get that but faber is a huge draw imo if you were going to have a headliner for the prelims it shouldn't affect the buy rate of the ppv

It won't have any significant effect the buy rate of the PPV. Anybody that would buy the PPV for Faber/Caceres is most likely already going to buy the PPV for Weidman/Machida & Rousey/Davis.

Having Faber/Caceres on the prelims will have more of a positive effect on the buy rate than not having it on the PPV will have a negative effect.

Where the hell has struve been. Haven't heard anything about him since Hunt took his soul and all of a sudden he's on the AMERIGOAT weekend card.

He had health issues that kept him out for a significant amount of time. I believe it was a heart issue if I remember correctly.

Where the hell has struve been. Haven't heard anything about him since Hunt took his soul and all of a sudden he's on the AMERIGOAT weekend card.

lol, i think a better question is where have YOU been??

He had a heart condition he had to take care of.

Word is all these years fighting and he wasn't 100% cardiovascular wise. Now he his. After his Miocic KO, Hunt performance, and now being 100% he's gonna wreck everyone.

So I take it we're all rooting for him to trample Meatgoat?

Struve should have no problem submitting Mitrione.

Meat's last fight was on Canpass I believe, but he looked pretty good right?

Not sure Struve will have the easiest time getting it to the ground without eating a big shot. He's not exactly known for stellar striking defense.

Not sure Struve will have the easiest time getting it to the ground without eating a big shot. He's not exactly known for stellar striking defense.

No, Mitrione is as big a can as they come.

He doesn't have to get it to the ground he can throw a flying armbar like he did Lavar's Johnson.

He doesn't have to get it to the ground he can throw a flying armbar like he did Lavar's Johnson.

I think you might be disappointed Saturday.

I could care less what happens in that fight dude, I just think Struve has the skills to sub him.

I could care less what happens in that fight dude, I just think Struve has the skills to sub him.

He definitely has the BJJ but I don't think his wrestling is strong enough to get the fight into a position where he can use said skills.

Meatgoat TKO round 1

Archived