What are you expecting to see in the Weidcan vs. Machida the most?

najma

It's one of the most awaited fight of 2014 and there are many uncertainties about it like:

- Is Weidman any good?

- Does he have cardio for 5 rounds?

- Will Machida engage to crush Weidcan or will he coast only to wake up in the 5th when it's too late?

- Can Weidcan turn it into a grappling match?

What's most probable? Obviously, in all of the options Machida ends up the victor.

I know what you are expecting: Weidman to win.

This fight is not even in my 20 most anticipated fights of the year. I think Machida takes a decision win. But we don't know how good is Weidman's chin. He might have a br00tal chin check that will torn Machida's arm in two.

Weidman could get a KO as well.

I know what you are expecting: Weidman to win.

This fight is not even in my 20 most anticipated fights of the year. I think Machida takes a decision win. But we don't know how good is Weidman's chin. He might have a br00tal chin check that will torn Machida's arm in two.

Weidman could get a KO as well.

I hear his cheek bones been checking front kicks and give you nasty Indian burns

I think this may actually turn out to be a very entertaining fight. Weidman will pressure Lyoto, which will save us from a snoozer.

At the same time, Lyoto has great TDD to save us from a LnP session.

I don't know how tough their chins are. Machida never gets punched a lot, and Weidman... has his chin ever been tested?

He might have a br00tal chin check that will torn Machida's arm in two.

LOL. That's some funny ****.

Now watch Lyoto break his hand on Weidman's noggin!

I'm picking Weidman, btw. KO or choke out - champ's choice.

if that happens i wouldn't be mad at all. this forum would drown in butthurt

I think this may actually turn out to be a very entertaining fight. Weidman will pressure Lyoto, which will save us from a snoozer.

At the same time, Lyoto has great TDD to save us from a LnP session.

I don't know how tough their chins are. Machida never gets punched a lot, and Weidman... has his chin ever been tested?

Lyoto's chin isn't great, we don't know about Weidman's yet.

after round 1 silva was stuffing weidman takedowns.... please weidman aint getting machida down. If you are struggling to get silva down then you aint getting the dragon on his back

weidman has damian maia level striking with more power, this is the reason why maia and weidman was a close standup snoozer and why silva was clowning him as hard as he was maia.

dont be surprised when chida dominates the standup and makes weidman look like a can

after round 1 silva was stuffing weidman takedowns.... please weidman aint getting machida down. If you are struggling to get silva down then you aint getting the dragon on his back

Silva only "stuffed" one takedown in two fights and that was only because Weidman didn't want to waste energy. He was winning standing so why expend energy unnecessarily? Basically it was a half hearted takedown attempt to keep Silva on his toes. Machida is done for wherever this fight takes place because he can't win against the champ by throwing a jab and running away for the rest of the round.

Sadly I forsee a ground and pound game plan from Wiedman's camp. I think he might test the waters in the first round with the stand up and see how he fairs. If he starts losing the exchanges this fight goes to the ground. Then it depends on "Pee drinkers" take down defense and scramble ability.

The Silva fights were very slow, Anderson was only doing stand-up comedy and Chris was throwing punches from a stationary position. And still - he looked very tired.

If he is forced to run to catch Lyoto or avoid fast karate attack's requiring running, he might be gassed out by round two. And then even more so he is not taking Lyoto down.

Silva only "stuffed" one takedown in two fights and that was only because Weidman didn't want to waste energy. He was winning standing so why expend energy unnecessarily? Basically it was a half hearted takedown attempt to keep Silva on his toes. Machida is done for wherever this fight takes place because he can't win against the champ by throwing a jab and running away for the rest of the round.

Silva stuffed 2 out of 3 takedown attempts in the first fight alone.

Lyoto will get caught by a short left hook and drop. Weidman follows him down and GNP's Lyoto for the TKO victory.

if weidman has a chance of winning that would be my bet as well, but thats his only way of winning this fight, a lucky counter

lol Weidman hasn't even KO'd him yet and you're already calling it a lucky punch.

Lyoto will get caught by a short left hook and drop. Weidman follows him down and GNP's Lyoto for the TKO victory.

if weidman has a chance of winning that would be my bet as well, but thats his only way of winning this fight, a lucky counter

lol Weidman hasn't even KO'd him yet and you're already calling it a lucky punch. Because he won't land anything on Lyoto UNLESS it's lucky.

Just as I wouldn't land anything on Lyoto - unless something lucky happened.

lol Weidman hasn't even KO'd him yet and you're already calling it a lucky punch. Because he won't land anything on Lyoto UNLESS it's lucky.

Just as I wouldn't land anything on Lyoto - unless something lucky happened.

lol Machida will have a 6-5 record tomorrow in his last 11.

Archived