How was the fight? machida/weidman

MIRKO_CRO_GOD

It was similar to Jones vs. Gustafsson, where Machida was Jones and Weidman was Gustafsson.

A great stand-up battle that went either way depending on who you ask.

Machida had a strong finish in the last 2 rounds rocking Weidman several times. But in this fight, since he wasn't the defending champion, the decision went to Gus aka Weidman.

The most surprising thing was Weidman's ability to take punches. The last 30 seconds of the fight was Machida having Weidman on the fence, he blasted him with a fury of punches, then put a muai thai plum on his neck and kneed him several times in the head, after which Weidman just made the "come at me bro!" gesture. Twas amazing.

The first 2 rounds were somewhat entertaining only because Weidman was able to put his hands on Machida. Otherwise it would have been very boring watching Machida run away. The third fourth and fifth rounds were better because Machida couldn't run as fast and he was forced to exchange more and run less. Basically Weidman deserves all the credit for making it a decent fight. Machida should be cut.

Horrible,Machida as expected ran for the first three rounds,one guy can't make a fight.

Then because Weidman had never gone 5 rounds and spent the first 3 chasing Machida he got tired,that is when Machida finally grew some balls and wanted to fight after he felt it was safe and Chris was tired.

Machida is a garbage fighter,if that was only 3 rounds the UFC could forfeit payment because Lyoto never fougth in the first 3 rounds.If Chris still had his cardio rnd 4/5 Lyoto would have continued to run all fight.

Weidman took the first 3 then i would give the last 2 to Machida. Decent fight but im never going to watch it again.

Why would you give Machida the fifth round? Heres a recap. For a minute they stood in trapping range and Weidman was landing combos, Weidman lands a hard elbow that stuns Machida and then Weidman lands a takedown. Weidman transitions to side control, then mount, then takes his back while landing ground and pound and threatening submissions. With about 30 seconds left Machida gets to his feet and spends 15 seconds throwing flurries while Weidman covers up and blocks.

What exactly did Machida do to win that round?

major MAJOR abuse of the flag system up in here.

Nobody likes a snitch

nobody likes a multiple time welcher either.

I bet your head would explode if your were forced to come up with a different comeback

lol wow you are so gotten to.

Lmao

So bad

You know what, I've officially decided I don't care anymore. Go nuts. If you guys want to flag each other into oblivion until every post is being held for moderation, go for it. Clearly asking people to stop, explaining why it needs to stop, and even issuing warnings isn't getting people to stop, so I'm done trying on that particular issue.

You know what, I've officially decided I don't care anymore. Go nuts. If you guys want to flag each other into oblivion until every post is being held for moderation, go for it. Clearly asking people to stop, explaining why it needs to stop, and even issuing warnings isn't getting people to stop, so I'm done trying on that particular issue.

At least you still try to moderate, sober gave up months ago.

getting on xbox tonight?

At least you still try to moderate, sober gave up months ago.

Hey now Sober and McMod are mod GOATs. I don't want to hear that attitude from u again.

Archived