Is UFC turning into boxing?

slapafool

To me it looks like UFC is turning into boxing as far as pick and choosing who fights who. Dana White, you say you want the best of the best fighters. Looks like to me that if that were true you would do any thing to get Cristiane Cyborge Santos in there to fight Ronda. Dana quit playing favorites, sign Cyborge and let them fight. P.S. Anthony Petis -VS- Jose' Aldo

I think if she can make the weight, they will sign her. If she can't, from a long term business perspective, it makes no sense.

Women as a whole isn't a long term thing, what happens when Ronda is gone? Rondaweight is a very temporary thing

Considering they're about to introduce a second women's division, I think you're very wrong about that. It's here to stay. Even without Ronda, I think it's still a bigger division (in terms of drawing power) than anything under 155 is right now.

I think if she can make the weight, they will sign her. If she can't, from a long term business perspective, it makes no sense.

Women as a whole isn't a long term thing, what happens when Ronda is gone? Rondaweight is a very temporary thing

Considering they're about to introduce a second women's division, I think you're very wrong about that. It's here to stay. Even without Ronda, I think it's still a bigger division (in terms of drawing power) than anything under 155 is right now.

Ronda is bigger than anything under 155, everyone else is expendable.

Well just so everyone knows Ronda cuts weight too, so why not match at a catch weight. If she is as good as they say she is then make it happen.. Happens with the Men all the time.

Cyborg is a roid monkey, why should Ronda placate her when she's not even in the UFC. Make that roid monkey stop taking HGH and lose a couple pounds.

Well just so everyone knows Ronda cuts weight too, so why not match at a catch weight. If she is as good as they say she is then make it happen.. Happens with the Men all the time.

It makes no sense at a catch weight, because if Cyborg wins, the UFC's biggest star has lost to someone that's in a weight class the UFC doesn't have, so their largest star has lost, and the person that beat her is somebody the UFC can't promote.

And if Ronda wins, she's beaten a nobody.

When the men do it, you've got two guys that are already in the UFC fighting, so the UFC gets to promote the winner regardless.

Ronda is bigger than anything under 155, everyone else is expendable.what you did, it's there, and I see it.

To me it looks like UFC is turning into boxing as far as pick and choosing who fights who. Dana White, you say you want the best of the best fighters. Looks like to me that if that were true you would do any thing to get Cristiane Cyborge Santos in there to fight Ronda. Dana quit playing favorites, sign Cyborge and let them fight. P.S. Anthony Petis -VS- Jose' Aldo

What does this have to do with boxing? Name any current woman boxer without looking it up.

What does this have to do with boxing? Name any current woman boxer without looking it up.

I can't even name more than five male boxers without looking it up.

Why admit you're stupid? My point was that Rousey is a big enough name that it doesn't matter to her fans who she fights, she is the attraction.

the entire roster cuts weight you fool (always that 1% exception to the rule)

Cyborg is a roid monkey, why should Ronda placate her when she's not even in the UFC. Make that roid monkey stop taking HGH and lose a couple pounds.

This 100%. I don't get why people are so eager to see that disfigured roid abomination in the UFC.

cyborg said she cant make the cut to 135

Why admit you're stupid? My point was that Rousey is a big enough name that it doesn't matter to her fans who she fights, she is the attraction.

How is a lack of interest in a dying sport an indicator of intelligence?

There are threads on this forum whenever there is a major boxing match. I have no interest in soccer, but I can name several of the players. No need to address the "dying sport" argument again.

There are threads on this forum whenever there is a major boxing match. I have no interest in soccer, but I can name several of the players. No need to address the "dying sport" argument again.

lol there are threads about Mayweather, Pac and Broner. No one gives a **** about any other boxers. If Arturo Gatti and/or Mickey Ward were still alive and fighting, I might give a ****.

lol there are threads about Mayweather, Pac and Broner. No one gives a **** about any other boxers. If Arturo Gatti and/or Mickey Ward were still alive and fighting, I might give a ****.

!, 2, 3, 4,.......................................................5. You care enough to sidetrack a Rousey thread to bring it up.

!, 2, 3, 4,.......................................................5. You care enough to sidetrack a Rousey thread to bring it up.

Gatti and Ward are dead and retired. I meant current boxers. Technically, I can name the Klitschko's for five. Out of those five, I've only ever seen Pac and Mayweather fight.

And no, I was just making a joke that I knew would bug you. It worked.

Also, this thread needs to be sidetracked because it was stupid the other 28 times people made it.

Im not sure if you are new to this sport but this has been going on for longer then you think. one example is when the heavyweight division was paper thin and Andre Arlofski was promoted as the nastiest killer in the world, they fed him a bunch of bums to fight that he disposed of easy until he lost to tim sylvia, at this point the heavyweight division was so much of a joke a retired light heavy weight champion named randy couture came out of retirement and took the belt from him easily, it's a similar situation to that of jon jones who has built his reputation by fighting middleweights and fighters reaching the end of their careers. there are plenty of instances of this throughout the years. It's not just about matching fighters but more when you match fighters.

If the ufc repeats the words "this is the most dangerous man on the planet " ect in it's promo's then it doesn't take long for people to believe it.

Im not sure if you are new to this sport but this has been going on for longer then you think. one example is when the heavyweight division was paper thin and Andre Arlofski was promoted as the nastiest killer in the world, they fed him a bunch of bums to fight that he disposed of easy until he lost to tim sylvia, at this point the heavyweight division was so much of a joke a retired light heavy weight champion named randy couture came out of retirement and took the belt from him easily, it's a similar situation to that of jon jones who has built his reputation by fighting middleweights and fighters reaching the end of their careers. there are plenty of instances of this throughout the years. It's not just about matching fighters but more when you match fighters.

If the ufc repeats the words "this is the most dangerous man on the planet " ect in it's promo's then it doesn't take long for people to believe it.

I've never understood the complaint about the UFC hyping up their cards/champions like that.

What the **** do you think they're going to do? Air a commercial with the voice over saying "Eh, this guy's alright"? They're a promotion. Their job is to promote. You do that by telling people how good your fighters are. That's the whole point of this thing. Always has been, and always will be.

well if you know where all these top LHWs are that arent in the ufc lets hear it?

Tell Cyborg to make weight and stop asking for a titleshot she hasnt earned yet. Women's MMA is here to stay boys, deal with it. The Strawweights will be even better than the Bantamweights!

By "even better", you mean even less dangerous and even more unlikely to stop a fight, correct?

im still holding out on alexandra albu being something special once she recovers from her broken leg and makes her ufc debut, also holly holm

Holly Holm would get armbarred in under a minute.

Won't happen because Rhonda likes being the bigger fighter,she can cut weight easy.If Cyborg tried to fight Rhonda at that weight she would get owned,Cyborg needs to weigh-in closer to 155 than 135.

The UFC does not want a 1 fight deal either because if Cyborg beat Rhonda the UFC would lose any WMMA ratings knowing they DON'T have the best female fighter.So to make it happen,Cyborg needs to join the ONLY division and sign the usual 6 fight contract.

Then we have Tito who is no dummmy,he knows how much the UFC makes and rapes these fighters for.The UFC would offer Cyborg maybe somewhere around the 100k range if back against the wall but would prefer a 60-75k deal.Tito knows that would be chicken feed,he would expect the biggest Women's draw to get closer to 300k and no way the UFC would pay it,they are cheap.

So for it to happen two things,Cyborg has to lower her standards big time and fight at a weight that gives her a less than 50% chance.IMo that looks really bad ,so no way she should do it,let the UFC look bad with Alexis Davis fights,proves the UFC has no talent beyond ONE female.

Tell Cyborg to make weight and stop asking for a titleshot she hasnt earned yet. Women's MMA is here to stay boys, deal with it. The Strawweights will be even better than the Bantamweights!

By "even better", you mean even less dangerous and even more unlikely to stop a fight, correct?

im still holding out on alexandra albu being something special once she recovers from her broken leg and makes her ufc debut, also holly holm

You ever watched Invicta? No? Would explain your ignorance.

what is that? like a new type of tampon or something?

Cain-Wrestler. Jones-Wrestler. Weidman-Wrestler. Hendricks-Wrestler. Pettis-Tae Kwon Do. Aldo-Capoiera/BJJ. Dillashaw-Wrestler. DJ-Wrestler. Ronda-Judo. Lol 6/9 wrestlers 2/3. @PoloRidah is happy as hell right now.

I'm happy too. We just need Aldo to quick ducking and Murica will claim all belts. Half of them could lose their next fights to a Brazilian and I'd be fine with it if we just have one single day of total UFC dominance as a country.

Cain-Wrestler. Jones-Wrestler. Weidman-Wrestler. Hendricks-Wrestler. Pettis-Tae Kwon Do. Aldo-Capoiera/BJJ. Dillashaw-Wrestler. DJ-Wrestler. Ronda-Judo. Lol 6/9 wrestlers 2/3. @PoloRidah is happy as hell right now.

I'm happy too. We just need Aldo to quick ducking and Murica will claim all belts. Half of them could lose their next fights to a Brazilian and I'd be fine with it if we just have one single day of total UFC dominance as a country.

That would be awesome but Aldo will duck hard until one of us Muricans loses.

Invicta.. lol.. list off some of these monsters at 115 who are stopping fights via KO/TKO please. I'd love to see which of us is truly ignorant.

Pettis ducked Aldo

Rousey would maul Cyborg if she could stay off the roids and actually fight in a weight class that the UFC has

They are both on roids. How many weight classes does the UFC have for women? At the time the UFC started a women's division, Cyborg was the undisputed best woman fighter, but they didn't make a division for her, instead, they made a division for Rousey.

Pettis ducked Aldo

Rousey would maul Cyborg if she could stay off the roids and actually fight in a weight class that the UFC has

They are both on roids. How many weight classes does the UFC have for women?

Soon to be two.

Pettis ducked Aldo

They are both on roids. How many weight classes does the UFC have for women?

Soon to be two.

Are you on this forum 24/7?

Yes.

hi

to all

UFC is not aolny about boxing ok

Speaking about most strong boxeur today i go with Arthur Abraham in middelweight and Yoan Hernandez in Lightheavyweight but also Manuel marquez in Welterw

Check out also the Golden Boy prmotions with very good mexican and usa fighters

hi

to all

UFC is not aolny about boxing ok

Speaking about most strong boxeur today i go with Arthur Abraham in middelweight and Yoan Hernandez in Lightheavyweight but also Manuel marquez in Welterw

Check out also the Golden Boy prmotions with very good mexican and usa fighters

Hi.

Pettis ducked Aldo

They are both on roids. How many weight classes does the UFC have for women? At the time the UFC started a women's division, Cyborg was the undisputed best woman fighter, but they didn't make a division for her, instead, they made a division for Rousey.

thats because there are few women fighting at 145 and they all look like men so arent marketable, 145 is as shallow as HW division

Archived