82 shot, 14 dead

UFCCagerattler

Chicago has some of the most strict gun regulation in the country and this still happened. Obama must be proud of his hometown. =D>

LOL strict gun laws?!?

Blame weak gun laws for holiday violence, Chicago's top cop says

By Michael Pearson, CNN

updated 8:47 PM EDT, Mon July 7, 2014

(CNN) -- Chicago's police superintendent lashed out at what he called lax state and federal gun laws after a violent Fourth of July weekend that saw more than 60 people shot and nine killed in a city already known for frequent shootings.

"There has to come a tipping point where this changes," Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said Monday of the violence. "The illogical nature of what's happening here -- that government can intercede and prevent this from happening is overwhelming. And I refuse to think otherwise in a great country like America that we can continue to allow this to happen -- not just on a state, but on a federal level."

McCarthy, reciting the criminal histories of several of the suspects in this weekend's violence, noted gang members face tougher consequences for losing their guns from their gangs than from authorities.

Police: 'It's groundhog day in Chicago'

"Possession of a loaded firearm -- it's not even considered a violent felony in the state of Illinois for sentencing purposes -- which is why you see the revolving door," he said.

Among the suspects: a man wanted in connection with a murder who has 21 prior arrests, and another with six previous arrests, including one this year for aggravated assault for discharging a weapon.

"How this individual is out on bond is beyond me," McCarthy said.

The incidents include eight times in which police fired guns at suspects or were fired on, McCarthy told reporters. In two of those incidents, police shot and killed the suspects, both of whom were 16.

McCarthy said the violence unraveled a string of successes by police in suppressing gun violence this year. The city saw 21 shooting incidents on Sunday alone, he said, although three of them may have been self-inflicted.

Marlin Williams' niece Tonya Gunn was among the nine victims, killed in a drive-by shooting Sunday night while she was cooking food on the grill. Her 11-year-old daughter witnessed the shooting.

"I feel hurt," Williams said Monday. "I will never be able to see my niece again."

Reports: Dozens shot in Chicago

In 2013, 12 people died and 75 were injured during the four-day Independence Day holiday, according to CNN affiliate WLS.

The holiday shootings follow a week in which Chicago had 52 shooting incidents, according to Police Department statistics. This year, as of June 29, Chicago police had recorded 880 shooting incidents, an average of nearly five a day.

McCarthy said Monday, "It's Groundhog Day here in Chicago."

Mayor Rahm Emanuel called the violence "simply unacceptable" and said the city needs to go beyond policing and provide youths "alternatives to the street."

McCarthy said police will continue a summer program to flood high-violence areas with police, but he said that without stronger gun laws, police will continue to face an uphill battle.

"These offenders need to be held fully accountable for violent behavior to prevent them from ending up back on the street too soon," he said, adding, "There's too many guns coming in and too little punishment going out."

^^He's a ****. I live right outside Chicago. Nearly every gun used in these shootings are stolen guns from registered FOID card holders. Some of these guns are stolen and sold in Chicago from places like Gary, Indiana and Milwaukee. I know because I've seen them sold in front of my face. To legally sell a gun from individual to individual, you still have to notify the state. In some states, you don't. In Illinois, you can NOT buy a gun at a convention and just walk off with no paperwork, much like you can in say... Tennessee.

Furthermore, it took me six months to get a FOID card (which is approved via snail mail by the State Police) so when I wanted a gun, it took me almost seven whole months to get one. I have one disorderly conduct and I've never been convicted of a violent crime. If that isn't strict gun laws, I don't know what is.

^^He's a ****. I live right outside Chicago. Nearly every gun used in these shootings are stolen guns from registered FOID card holders. Some of these guns are stolen and sold in Chicago from places like Gary, Indiana and Milwaukee. I know because I've seen them sold in front of my face. To legally sell a gun from individual to individual, you still have to notify the state. In some states, you don't. In Illinois, you can NOT buy a gun at a convention and just walk off with no paperwork, much like you can in say... Tennessee.

Furthermore, it took me six months to get a FOID card (which is approved via snail mail by the State Police) so when I wanted a gun, it took me almost seven whole months to get one. I have one disorderly conduct and I've never been convicted of a violent crime. If that isn't strict gun laws, I don't know what is.

That's the point I was making. The funny part of his post is that he actually believes what a cop said. Of course the cop thinks more regulation is necessary, he's on the government's payroll(albeit state government). He also fails to understand that these were not legally owned firearms, so as to not give credence to the saying "good guys with guns can stop bad guys with guns." This is all obvious given the fact that his employer owns the monopoly on force.

That's the point I was making. The funny part of his post is that he actually believes what a cop said. Of course the cop thinks more regulation is necessary, he's on the government's payroll(albeit state government). He also fails to understand that these were not legally owned firearms, so as to not give credence to the saying "good guys with guns can stop bad guys with guns." This is all obvious given the fact that his employer owns the monopoly on force.

Exactly. Him and a whole list of other ****s would lose their jobs if he just came right out and said "Welp, we have our thumbs in our asses for most of the weekends and we're more worried about seatbelt tickets and distracted driving tickets so that we can get the bills paid. We don't care enough about dead poor people to dedicate any more resources to the problem.".

Chicago has some of the most strict gun regulation in the country and this still happened. Obama must be proud of his hometown. =D>

First, there are hundreds of millions of guns owned by citizens In the United States. No matter what laws and regulations there are, it would still take decades for them to have any effect. Second, the states that allow just about anybody to own any gun they want are arming the rest of the country.

First, there are hundreds of millions of guns owned by citizens In the United States. No matter what laws and regulations there are, it would still take decades for them to have any effect. Second, the states that allow just about anybody to own any gun they want are arming the rest of the country.

First of all, this isn't an issue about gun regulation. It's an issue of enforcement of current laws, both by police and judges. It's also a gang related issue. This is the problem with liberal logic, they attack the wrong "cause." Also, your last sentence is utterly incorrect. Texas happens to one of the states you're mentioning, all you need is a TX driver's licence and proof of residence and you can walk out of Walmart owning a gun the same day. However, it is still illegal to sell said gun out of state. The law abiding citizens aren't the problem. The gangbangers, drug runners, and inept cops and judges are.

First of all, this isn't an issue about gun regulation. It's an issue of enforcement of current laws, both by police and judges. It's also a gang related issue. This is the problem with liberal logic, they attack the wrong "cause." Also, your last sentence is utterly incorrect. Texas happens to one of the states you're mentioning, all you need is a TX driver's licence and proof of residence and you can walk out of Walmart owning a gun the same day. However, it is still illegal to sell said gun out of state. The law abiding citizens aren't the problem. The gangbangers, drug runners, and inept cops and judges are.for a handgun? no, just no. it isn't always that easy.

I personally haven't had to wait, but I know people with nothing more than traffic tickets got the waiting period treatment.

Im curious, purely from an outside perspective if illegal firearms are the biggest problem, what in your opinions is the reason so many are available to the wrong people and what is the best way to control it.

Aus gun laws are extremely strict in comparison to the US but we seem to be having an increasing problem over here with unregistered illegal guns becoming more available.

First of all, this isn't an issue about gun regulation. It's an issue of enforcement of current laws, both by police and judges. It's also a gang related issue. This is the problem with liberal logic, they attack the wrong "cause." Also, your last sentence is utterly incorrect. Texas happens to one of the states you're mentioning, all you need is a TX driver's licence and proof of residence and you can walk out of Walmart owning a gun the same day. However, it is still illegal to sell said gun out of state. The law abiding citizens aren't the problem. The gangbangers, drug runners, and inept cops and judges are.

It's easier for them to just blame the guns than the actual problem. Over 40% of people in Minnesota own guns yet their murder per capita is one of the lowest in the nation. North Dakota is the same way with over 50% owning guns and their murder per capita is one of the 5 lowest states in the U.S. Only 20% of people in Illinois own guns yet their murder per capita is almost 3 times Minnesota and 6 times North Dakota. The difference is the culture of the people in those states. Those people in Chicago were going to hurt or kill each other whether they had guns or not. Until you change their mentality to actually wanting to be in school and work for a living instead of joining gangs and dealing drugs then there isn't a gun law around that will stop the violence.

Im curious, purely from an outside perspective if illegal firearms are the biggest problem, what in your opinions is the reason so many are available to the wrong people and what is the best way to control it.

Aus gun laws are extremely strict in comparison to the US but we seem to be having an increasing problem over here with unregistered illegal guns becoming more available.

the government supplies them.

It's easier for them to just blame the guns than the actual problem. Over 40% of people in Minnesota own guns yet their murder per capita is one of the lowest in the nation. North Dakota is the same way with over 50% owning guns and their murder per capita is one of the 5 lowest states in the U.S. Only 20% of people in Illinois own guns yet their murder per capita is almost 3 times Minnesota and 6 times North Dakota. The difference is the culture of the people in those states. Those people in Chicago were going to hurt or kill each other whether they had guns or not. Until you change their mentality to actually wanting to be in school and work for a living instead of joining gangs and dealing drugs then there isn't a gun law around that will stop the violence.

Well when you sponsor criminal reproduction VIA welfare for income you get places like chicago. And guess what soon every city and state will have the low I . Q population in their community. As they're being bused in by the feds all tuberculosis and swine flue'd and scabie'b up for our protection.

First of all, this isn't an issue about gun regulation. It's an issue of enforcement of current laws, both by police and judges. It's also a gang related issue. This is the problem with liberal logic, they attack the wrong "cause." Also, your last sentence is utterly incorrect. Texas happens to one of the states you're mentioning, all you need is a TX driver's licence and proof of residence and you can walk out of Walmart owning a gun the same day. However, it is still illegal to sell said gun out of state. The law abiding citizens aren't the problem. The gangbangers, drug runners, and inept cops and judges are.for a handgun? no, just no. it isn't always that easy.

I personally haven't had to wait, but I know people with nothing more than traffic tickets got the waiting period treatment.

I have never had to wait personally. I have a CCW permit though, so that probably has something to do with it.

I have never had to wait personally. I have a CCW permit though, so that probably has something to do with it.yep, a CHL will definitely expedite any gun purchase

I didn't mean Texas was legally arming the criminals. They are also arming Mexico.

I didn't mean Texas was legally arming the criminals. They are also arming Mexico.

Eric holder arms mexico the middle east and the ukraine

Eric holder arms mexico the middle east and the ukraine

When Pakal is stylin on you, you are officially a can. But everything Pakal has said is 100% true.

god damn thats alot of bodies. looks like i got my work cut out for me

yo murica. you ever thought of getting some better gun control? maybe lock up your guns? maybe not give them to 16 year olds? i cant remember the last time ive ever had to arm myself to the teeth every time i go to a canada day party. or any kind of celebration for that matter. or hell, even when im walking across the street to go get some groceries. only in america

here we got teenagers running around shooting people, but its never the guns. its never the shooter to blame. its never the parents to blame. its whatever music the shooter was listening to, whatever movies he likes watching, whatever his favorite video game he enjoys playing. whatever his favorite soft drink is

thats clearly the problem here. surely call of duty and mountain dew are behind this nonsense. not some kids who are ****ed in the head and have easy access to daddys gun cabinet.

god damn thats alot of bodies. looks like i got my work cut out for me

yo murica. you ever thought of getting some better gun control? maybe lock up your guns? maybe not give them to 16 year olds? i cant remember the last time ive ever had to arm myself to the teeth every time i go to a canada day party. or any kind of celebration for that matter. or hell, even when im walking across the street to go get some groceries. only in america

here we got teenagers running around shooting people, but its never the guns. its never the shooter to blame. its never the parents to blame. its whatever music the shooter was listening to, whatever movies he likes watching, whatever his favorite video game he enjoys playing. whatever his favorite soft drink is

thats clearly the problem here. surely call of duty and mountain dew are behind this nonsense. not some kids who are ****ed in the head and have easy access to daddys gun cabinet.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/police-three-officers-killed-canada-mass-shooting-n123326

^^Canada is a ****in mess. When that guy shows up, let me know how it goes with nothing to protect yourself.

god for him. that **** made the national news here, as that **** generally never happens.

cops and civilians get shot every two seconds in the USA, cause everybody and their dog have guns. combine that with the fact that americans are dumb, and are probably drunk off of 5 canadian beers (the equivalent of about 42 american beers) and its no wonder why theres so many gun crimes in the states.

oh youre going to the mall, or going to the movie theater Little Timmy? Dont forget to pack your deuce deuce! Did you take your medication this morning?

god for him. that **** made the national news here, as that **** generally never happens.

cops and civilians get shot every two seconds in the USA, cause everybody and their dog have guns. combine that with the fact that americans are dumb, and are probably drunk off of 5 canadian beers (the equivalent of about 42 american beers) and its no wonder why theres so many gun crimes in the states.

oh youre going to the mall, or going to the movie theater Little Timmy? Dont forget to pack your deuce deuce! Did you take your medication this morning?

Really, every 2 seconds?

That seems like an astronomical number. I won't bother to fact check it though, I'm sure you aren't talking out of your **** or anything.

Completely different culture, lay out, and problems. Canada has way less Urban areas, less gangs, less drug problems, less poor people, they aren't bordering Mexico, and they don't have even close to the mix of different races/cultures that the U.S. does.

Also their gun homicides may have dropped but as little as a few years ago their homicide rate was up where as the U.S. has been dropping considerably since the mid 90's.

Really, every 2 seconds?

That seems like an astronomical number. I won't bother to fact check it though, I'm sure you aren't talking out of your **** or anything.

Most gun deaths are suicides. You might get 20,000 of those a year and 10,000-12,000 gun murders. Then you have quite a few accidental al shootings, so the total number of people killed in America by guns each year is in the 30,000's. So do the math.

Completely different culture, lay out, and problems. Canada has way less Urban areas, less gangs, less drug problems, less poor people, they aren't bordering Mexico, and they don't have even close to the mix of different races/cultures that the U.S. does.

Also their gun homicides may have dropped but as little as a few years ago their homicide rate was up where as the U.S. has been dropping considerably since the mid 90's.

This.

Violent crime has been on the decline in the U.S steadily since 1991.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Really, every 2 seconds?

Most gun deaths are suicides. You might get 20,000 of those a year and 10,000-12,000 gun murders. Then you have quite a few accidental al shootings, so the total number of people killed in America by guns each year is in the 30,000's. So do the math.

I don't know where you're getting those numbers, but I have it on good authority that two people are killed every second by gun violence in America. So that means roughly 63,072,000 are killed every year in America from gun violence.

Really, every 2 seconds?

I don't know where you're getting those numbers, but I have it on good authority that two people are killed every second by gun violence in America. So that means roughly 63,072,000 are killed every year in America from gun violence.

My mistake, it was 1 every two seconds.

apparently once every 20 seconds someone in the united states gets arrested for marijuana

i heard that on tv somewhere

Not here in Washington, if I cross the border into socialist canada with marijuana or my colt 1911 that came with my happy meal I'll probably be detained by the gestapo.

"gun problem" is nothing more than a scapegoat for what it truly is....a societal problem.

On top of that we have the most condensed cities in the world which surely inflates any crime statistics in comparison to other countries.

What a load. Japan and Europe have much denser populations than the USA.

"gun problem" is nothing more than a scapegoat for what it truly is....a societal problem.

On top of that we have the most condensed cities in the world which surely inflates any crime statistics in comparison to other countries.

You're right, but it isn't suprising or relevant considering Europe is tiny compared to the U.S

Europe is a continent.

but yea, i may have worded that wrong.

its been a while since i made this argument lol. there's an old gun thread i almost want to bump now.

I agree 100%, It also took me about 5 months to get my foid card, which is an absolute joke, I live in Chicago as well, And what cash is saying is the truth. there is not one "legal" gun ever used in these shootings, (or so is reported) the black market in Chicago for gun trade is insane. Especially on west side of Chicago, You can go there, find that right person, an you will have a gun in hand in a matter of 30 minutes. Seen it done, witnessed it personally, it is amazing. Its almost as easy as buying drugs on the street.

82 shot sadly is a pretty low number for a summer holiday weekend. Sad to say that but can't hide behind the facts.

You're right, but it isn't suprising or relevant considering Europe is tiny compared to the U.S

United States = 9,629,091 km2

Europe = 10,180,000 km2

You were saying?

Europe = 10,180,000 km2

You were saying?

If you count part of Russia as Europe, I guess you're right. I was thinking more along the lines of the European Union, but go ahead and enjoy this moment.

Europe = 10,180,000 km2

You were saying?

If you count part of Russia as Europe, I guess you're right. I was thinking more along the lines of the European Union, but go ahead and enjoy this moment.

Of course Russia is part of Europe, unless someone has an agenda...

Archived