Chris Weidman is going to have a career that matches Anderson Silva.

Megasoup

It's true.

Fluke or no fluke, Anderson Silva is getting older and suffered a serious injury. He will never be the fighter he once was. He is not going to dethrone Weidman.

While we might not know how that first fight would have went if Silva hadn't horsed around, we do know that there is no one on the radar that's going to take Chris Weidman's title away from him. (For the record; I'm unsure if Anderson could have won that first fight. I believe Weidman came back stronger in the second and Silva was on his way to a loss, injury or not. Opinions are like buttholes, though...)

If there's a guy out there, he's flying under the radar. If the UFC signs a guy today, he will have to fight at least three or four times before getting a title shot. By then, Weidman will have maybe a half dozen title defenses against guys like Belfort, Mousasi and Souza. I stand by this.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhh... Machida won the fourth round and got near winning the fifth. Rockhold will win two rounds and Weidman should be worried about him winning a third. I'm firmly strapped in on the Weidman bandwagon, but I don't see somebody going for sixteen straight wins again in the UFC besides maybe Rousey.

Weidman might get 200 title defenses, 100 knockouts and still will never have Anderson's highlight reel. What Anderson has done, not his numbers, but his performances, nobody else can match.

I think Weidmeng can knock out the Almighty Forrest Griffen

And he could probably finish Sonnen without cheating

Fighters like Anderson are rare

The UFC already has numerous Weidmans

That will never happen

this

it takes a special man to beat GOATs like Forrest Griffen and Stephan Bonnar

Forrest was a former LHW champ and Anderson went up a weight and destroyed him

Random fact - Forrest destroyed Rampage

Uhh... Machida won the fourth round and got near winning the fifth. Rockhold will win two rounds and Weidman should be worried about him winning a third. I'm firmly strapped in on the Weidman bandwagon, but I don't see somebody going for sixteen straight wins again in the UFC besides maybe Rousey.

Technically Jon would have 15 straight wins if he hadn't gotten DQ'd (that was a bull**** DQ)

And he has 7 title defenses already.

I'm as big a Jones hater as there is, but there's no denying his run rivals andersons. Especially considering if Gus doesn't beat him in the rematch he will definitely beat Andersons title defense record.

Technically Jon would have 15 straight wins if he hadn't gotten DQ'd (that was a bull**** DQ)

I'm as big a Jones hater as there is, but there's no denying his run rivals andersons. Especially considering if Gus doesn't beat him in the rematch he will definitely beat Andersons title defense record.

Agree

Correct

His run in a numbers sense does but I still think that the way Anderson moves, fights, and lived in a virtual matrix world makes him impossible to rival. It may be possible but Jon still has work to do to prove it. Beating Gus is a huge step for him. If he can manage to beat Gus, DC, and atleast one other huge threat he may very well capture it.

The weidman tears are so sweet, each and every weidman hater on this thread i thank you. You made my day, from the guy saying Weidmans highlight reel aint feces to the guy saying the ufc has many Weidmans lol. Machida showed Weidman a big error in his game that will be fixed... Anyone able to guess what that change will be?

Chis is a generic fighter who will be forgotten when he loses in his next fight or two. Where as A.S. will be talked about for years to come and all who wear the belt will be compared to him.

You say boring, I say disciplined and orthodox (which I agree is boring.) Flashy techniques are fun to watch, but it's the fundamentals that win fights.

Chis is a generic fighter who will be forgotten when he loses in his next fight or two. Where as A.S. will be talked about for years to come and all who wear the belt will be compared to him.

He will look like royce gracie did after 10 years... The spider had mediocre comp Weidman will clear out murderers row, big difference.

that you fluke-weidcan?

Spart it's time to jump ship. Brazil probably won't even be a country anymore by this time next year. We'll accept you as a defector to America if you bring 10 of the finest Brazilian bubble butts with you.

8oXsDGa.gif

That's a wonderful bubble butt, but we can't see her face. So, we have no guarantees as far as that's concerned. Oh, and they're clearly in a double-wide trailer, so this chick is probably getting videotaped and butt-poked by a family member or, at the very least, some gross, random hoosier.

I still like the GIF, though.

Spart it's time to jump ship. Brazil probably won't even be a country anymore by this time next year. We'll accept you as a defector to America if you bring 10 of the finest Brazilian bubble butts with you.

8oXsDGa.gif

That's a wonderful bubble butt, but we can't see her face. So, we have no guarantees as far as that's concerned. Oh, and they're clearly in a double-wide trailer, so this chick is probably getting videotaped and butt-poked by a family member or, at the very least, some gross, random hoosier.

That's a house. She is videotaping herself. She is poking herself.

Don't quit ur day job.

Weidman might get 200 title defenses, 100 knockouts and still will never have Anderson's highlight reel. What Anderson has done, not his numbers, but his performances, nobody else can match.

lol he already has a better highlight reel than anderson.

how many times did anderson ever land the almighty standing guillotine in his career?

8oXsDGa.gif

Don't quit ur day job.

She might be poking herself, that much I'll admit to possibly being wrong about.

That's a double-wide trailer, though. You see that beam that runs across the top where the gable joins? That's where the two ends of the trailer lock together. It's disguised as an architectural accent, but it's not; it's to hide where the two halves join. Do you notice how there's such a slight pitch (slope) in that very same roof? That's also indicative of mobile home construction.

Former Real Estate agent here, as well as former (and most recently, current) union carpenter. That would be my day job and I would say that gives me some unique qualification on this one, my friend.

8oXsDGa.gif

Don't quit ur day job.

She might be poking herself, that much I'll admit to possibly being wrong about.

That's a double-wide trailer, though. You see that beam that runs across the top where the gable joins? That's where the two ends of the trailer lock together. It's disguised as an architectural accent, but it's not; it's to hide where the two halves join. Do you notice how there's such a slight pitch (slope) in that very same roof? That's also indicative of mobile home construction.

Former Real Estate agent here, as well as former (and most recently, current) union carpenter. That would be my day job and I would say that gives me some unique qualification on this one, my friend.

I've been in houses that look like that with beams and pitches.

8oXsDGa.gif

Don't quit ur day job.

Dude, it's a trailer. Everything from the door set to the set (so as not to intersect the split where the trailer is built as two separate halves before being finalizing the assembly once delivered,) the outdated track lights, the cheap furniture, the cheap wall art and the cheap girl indicate that it's a trailer.

I'm not judging anybody, though. I love that cheap **** videotaping herself poking her own butt. I'm going to tell her how pretty she is and then we are going to fall in love and move into a double wide of our own...somewhere far, far away from all the black people and smarty-pants city-slickers like you; somewhere in the deepest rural section of the good, 'ole south. Whenever I get my disability checks going and she gets her welfare straight, we will concoct a brilliant scheme where I will slip and fall on a freshly mopped floor of a fast-food restaurant. We won't settle out of court, because we know what's coming to us and we won't be cheated!

8oXsDGa.gif

Don't quit ur day job.

Dude, it's a trailer. Everything from the door set to the set (so as not to intersect the split where the trailer is built as two separate halves before being finalizing the assembly once delivered,) the outdated track lights, the cheap furniture, the cheap wall art and the cheap girl indicate that it's a trailer.

I'm not judging anybody, though. I love that cheap **** videotaping herself poking her own butt. I'm going to tell her how pretty she is and then we are going to fall in love and move into a double wide of our own...somewhere far, far away from all the black people and smarty-pants city-slickers like you; somewhere in the deepest rural section of the good, 'ole south. Whenever I get my disability checks going and she gets her welfare straight, we will concoct a brilliant scheme where I will slip and fall on a freshly mopped floor of a fast-food restaurant. We won't settle out of court, because we know what's coming to us and we won't be cheated!

How you going to find her?

lol he already has a better highlight reel than anderson.

how many times did anderson ever land the almighty standing guillotine in his career?

Great argument champ

Agree

Correct

His run in a numbers sense does but I still think that the way Anderson moves, fights, and lived in a virtual matrix world makes him impossible to rival. It may be possible but Jon still has work to do to prove it. Beating Gus is a huge step for him. If he can manage to beat Gus, DC, and atleast one other huge threat he may very well capture it.

Anderson's matrix was destroyed in the first Weidman fight. When it works on Forrest Griffin, but looks stupid against Weidman, then maybe what he did against Forrest was overrated. I agree that Jones' run will be the greatest in UFC history if he beats Gus again.

8oXsDGa.gif

Don't quit ur day job.

How you going to find her?

It doesn't really matter, they're all about the same.

His standing elbow KO was incredible, dude has 12 fights and you're talking about his highlight real not being impressive?

MVP has a more impressive highlight real, and he only has like 5 fights.

5 fights against 5 cans.

His standing elbow KO was incredible, dude has 12 fights and you're talking about his highlight real not being impressive?

MVP has a more impressive highlight real, and he only has like 5 fights.

5 fights against 5 cans.

Gotten to :)

8oXsDGa.gif

Don't quit ur day job.

You beat me to it. Well done.

Unless that trailer is banned from the road, that is NOT a trailer.

Weidman may not even be in the middle of his most impressive streak - he's young enough to lose in the next few fights, then go on another epic run reclaiming/defending the belt. Silva's 16 fight run didn't start until his 22nd fight. Before that he was getting flying heel hooked and stuff.

So it's quite likely that Weidman's career could match Silva's; he's not there yet but equally one loss in the next few fights doesn't mean it's over....

Archived