1 Month Exercise Plan

JBJF

alright who's the lucky person to suggest a decent exercise plan for me to follow for 1 month's time? I will post before and after pics as well as results to confirm whether your plan sucks or not.

Though I am letting you decide what the plan should be I do have some general parameters that need to be stayed within.

1. I have the capability of working out in a fully equipped gym only Monday through Friday. Generally speaking it is probably unrealistic that I workout all days of the week

2. I am not opposed to full cardio workout, or a mixture thereof

3. If my schedule is to prohibitive to fully contribute to your plan I will abandon it (so don't make it too ridiculous). however, I will still post results and will legitimately try.

4. I'm not spending any additional money so if you suggest UFC fit I can't do it. However if you suggest Insanity or P90X I can.

The poster who is responsible for Comment #5 will be providing the plan.

Edit: @Carnages41 had the 5th post. Here is his plan:

Tuesday: Abs and Forearms

Wednesday: Chest and Tris (bench, pull up, Tri extensions)

Thursday: Squats and calf extensions

Friday: Chin ups, Hammer Curls

Saturday: flys, incline, decline

Sunday: HIT cardio

Monday: Deadlift

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanna look like me?

Sunday and Monday are interchangeable

Wanna look like me?

Thank you for the comment.

However, I don't know what you look like so I don't know if I want to look like you.

Also, the Saturday workout would not be plausible as I only have access to a gym Monday - Friday.

BTW this is comment #3

Comment #1 - OP by me

Comment #2 - Carnages41

Comment #3 - This post

Comment #4 - 12er from below vvv

Wanna look like me?

Thank you for the comment.

However, I don't know what you look like so I don't know if I want to look like you.

Also, the Saturday workout would not be plausible as I only have access to a gym Monday - Friday.

BTW this is comment #3

Comment #1 - OP by me

Comment #2 - Carnages41

Comment #3 - This post

Saturday is not important, and neither is sunday

you can skip those

or you can do your HIT cardio on Tuesday after abs/forearms

Im assuming you're a beginner. If thats the case just do full body workouts M, W, and F. When you're a beginner literally anything will work as long as you're eating and sleeping enough.

yeah you could classify me as a beginner. I haven't lifted traditionally in a few years.

btw I probably won't be sleeping enough. I have an infant.

I'm on this new exercise plan, it's called accepting that I'm a pudgy can and its working great.

I was on that plan too. wasn't working well for my self-esteem but then I had a Popsicle and all was well again.

Wanna look like me?

There is nothing really to expand upon, but ill do my best

Tuesday:

sit ups x3(sets)

scissor kick x 2

Oblique Dumbbell Raise x2 (youtube it)

Wednesday:

Bench press x4

Then lower the weight and Bench press x2

Pushups x3

Thursday:

Squats x4 (you can use dumbbells as you might not be able to do much weight, and you probably won't have a spot

Calf extension x4 (weighted)

Friday:

chinups x3

Hammer curls x3

Monday:

Deadlift x5 (be careful!)

If you don't feel safe doing deadlifts, then do Interval sprints on the oliptical or something, Deadlifts are vital, but not worth an injury

Wanna look like me?

Tuesday:

sit ups x3(sets)

scissor kick x 2

Wednesday:

Bench press x4

Pushups x3

Thursday:

Squats x4 (you can use dumbbells as you might not be able to do much weight, and you probably won't have a spot

Friday:

chinups x3

Hammer curls x3

Monday:

If you don't feel safe doing deadlifts, then do Interval sprints on the oliptical or something, Deadlifts are vital, but not worth an injury

so you are listing the set numbers on all of these. How many reps? to failure?

I will say that what you've provided is completely do able and I should be able to do it.

As modified for my hectic schedule

Monday:

sit ups x3(sets)

scissor kick x 2

Tuesday:

Bench press x4

Pushups x3

Wednesday:

Thursday:

chinups x3

Hammer curls x3

Friday:

HIT Cardio (since I can presumably do this without going to the gym which is more convenient for Friday's.

Why do you want a one month plan? Just get into a routine you can stick with for awhile.

Lift weights, eat clean, hit your macros.

that's the ideal situation. I can stick with anything for a month so I am starting there. Hopefully something like this sticks.

Why do you want a one month plan? Just get into a routine you can stick with for awhile.

Lift weights, eat clean, hit your macros.

that's the ideal situation. I can stick with anything for a month so I am starting there. Hopefully something like this sticks.

Gotcha. I know you already have your plan but for the past few months I've switched to a push/pull routine. Probably too time consuming with your schedule but I've been making gains with it.

Day 1 - heavy push

Day 2 - light pull

Day 3 - off (still like to do cardio on off days)

Day 4 - Legs

Day 5 - light push

Day 6 - off (cardio)

Day 7 - heavy pull

And so on and so on.

HIIT is where it's at for cardio. Gotta eat to make gains. I pretty much do iifym (if it fits your macros) for my diet. Still try to eat as clean as possible while doing it.

example of HIT cardio... is that like job for a little and sprint for a lot or something?

yep

I sprint(full speed) for like a minute(or as long as I can go, usually less actually, like 30 seconds), then break for a minute.....rinse and repeat

I use an elliptical, but you can really do it anywhere

I'm used to the elliptical because thats what I used in the winter, maybe i'll try outside, but I have glass knees

Wanna look like me?

Tuesday:

sit ups x3(sets)

scissor kick x 2

Wednesday:

Bench press x4

Pushups x3

Thursday:

Friday:

chinups x3

Hammer curls x3

Monday:

so you are listing the set numbers on all of these. How many reps? to failure?

I will say that what you've provided is completely do able and I should be able to do it.

As modified for my hectic schedule

Monday:

sit ups x3(sets)

scissor kick x 2

Tuesday:

Bench press x4

Pushups x3

Wednesday:

Thursday:

chinups x3

Hammer curls x3

Friday:

HIT Cardio (since I can presumably do this without going to the gym which is more convenient for Friday's.

reps is basically how many you can do, like situps obviously going to be like 20+

Then Bench press, maybe put the weight up till you can do like 6-8 reps, and then on your 4th set you'll probably be doing 2-3 reps and so on

don't go completely to failure, go to let 2 reps, you don't want to die or anything lol

Intradesting.

Abs only once a week? mostly isolation movements targeting mostly 1-2 muscle groups. No traps/shoulders, lower back or hamstrings. No alternating days between upper and lower body. No working opposing groups on the same day, very few compound full body movements.

Sounds like a basic body builder routine you could find in a cereal box from the 1980's. =))

Intradesting.

Abs only once a week? mostly isolation movements targeting mostly 1-2 muscle groups. No traps/shoulders, lower back or hamstrings. No alternating days between upper and lower body. No working opposing groups on the same day, very few compound full body movements.

Sounds like a basic body builder routine you could find in a cereal box from the 1980's. =))

Deadlifts hit your lower back.

I don't train abs directly at all and i still have abs when i'm lean. I do so many compound lifts and exercises where i'm standing using a ton of my core I feel it all in my abdominal wall.

Intradesting.

Deadlifts hit your lower back.

I don't train abs directly at all and i still have abs when i'm lean. I do so many compound lifts and exercises where i'm standing using a ton of my core I feel it all in my abdominal wall.

I missed that he had deadlifts in there. Squats and any compound movements work your core too including running, jumping, sprints etc.

Personally I still like to do supplemental core work including lower back extension and kick backs atleast 2-3 times a week. I really like doing most of those exercises on a stability ball. I have a old back injury and these mostly serve as rehab type work for me. It works out the kinks for me.

I don't even lift weights anymore besides kettlebells & i don't do those often. I do body weight exercise variations like pull-ups, push-ups, dips, squats lunges, sometimes i'll do some yoga, sometimes i'll do solo grappling conditioning type drills bridging, shrimping, sit-outs etc. and sometimes i'll do Steve Maxwell joint mobility type stuff. For cardio i mix it up with cycling, skipping rope, plyometric/agility type drills and sprints. I also do Muaythai & BJJ but not as much anymore.

criticism is welcome as that is the workout I follow stompgrind

And the only reason I do abs once a week is because what shannon said, a lot of the other exercises work your core

I don't use machines, I use free weights

It's not a bad routine i was mostly poking fun and adding some imput. +1 on free weights. I always hated machines when i used to lift other than some cable stuff for flys, pulldowns, rows and those rope tri pulldowns. I also liked the leg press machine. Dumbells are awesome too cause they force you to stabilize, allow you to alternate giving you a better stretch with a fuller ROM.

I still was a bit surprised with abs only once even with the other stuff but i've always focused a lot on core to develop my blacksplosiveness.

And the only reason I do abs once a week is because what shannon said, a lot of the other exercises work your core

It's not a bad routine i was mostly poking fun and adding some imput. +1 on free weights. I always hated machines when i used to lift other than some cable stuff for flys, pulldowns, rows and those rope tri pulldowns. I also liked the leg press machine. Dumbells are awesome too cause they force you to stabilize, allow you to alternate giving you a better stretch with a fuller ROM.

I still was a bit surprised with abs only once even with the other stuff but i've always focused a lot on core to develop my blacksplosiveness.

I just hate doing abs

once a week is enough with low bf, yeah you might not have whitepage abs, but good enough

Wanna look like me?

Tuesday:

sit ups x3(sets)

scissor kick x 2

Wednesday:

Bench press x4

Pushups x3

Thursday:

Friday:

chinups x3

Hammer curls x3

Monday:

This is kinda...... meh. And first of all you should be constantly changing up the exercises you do. It's all about muscle confusion. If you stick to a routine for too long you will plateau. I get that you are a beginner so you'll get some good gains off the same routine regardless, but as a rule of thumb never get stuck in the same routine.

Carn are u even jacked?

more jacked than you breh

Pictures or it didn't happen.

For real though, I'm 99.999999% certain you are smaller, weaker, and less cut then me.

I'm 100% sure I am more cut then you

Smaller? Possibly in weight, definitely taller than you though

Weaker? Possibly, but who cares? This isn't a weight lifting competition, I look better than you and that's a fact

@PATSTER‌ can attest to my sexiness, we pulled mad girls in Montreal

@ShannonRitch1p4p‌ was also a witness

<ahttp://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/508/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png/>

Wanna look like me?

Tuesday:

sit ups x3(sets)

scissor kick x 2

Wednesday:

Bench press x4

Pushups x3

Thursday:

Friday:

chinups x3

Hammer curls x3

Monday:

This is kinda...... meh. And first of all you should be constantly changing up the exercises you do. It's all about muscle confusion. If you stick to a routine for too long you will plateau. I get that you are a beginner so you'll get some good gains off the same routine regardless, but as a rule of thumb never get stuck in the same routine.

He said for a month you dip**** LoL

Carn are u even jacked?

For real though, I'm 99.999999% certain you are smaller, weaker, and less cut then me.

Weaker? Possibly, but who cares? This isn't a weight lifting competition, I look better than you and that's a fact

Lmao shannon is gay though

Don't try to brag on pulling dudes in Montreal

Nevermind it's Canada, brag on my friend

Wanna look like me?

Tuesday:

sit ups x3(sets)

scissor kick x 2

Wednesday:

Bench press x4

Pushups x3

Thursday:

Friday:

chinups x3

Hammer curls x3

Monday:

He said for a month you dip**** LoL

And? The same routine for a month is waaaaaaaaay too long.

Carn are u even jacked?

You are afraid to post a picture. I am not. Therefore I am more cut and jacked then you.

Carn are u even jacked?

You are afraid to post a picture. I am not. Therefore I am more cut and jacked then you.

post a picture then

Archived