The Only Weight Class That Matters

Megasoup

The 205 weight class is where the superstars are, there's no question about that. It's where they've always been, too. It's always been the most competitive weight class, too; no shortage of competitors.

I started watching the UFC when Randy Couture won the Interim title in his first match with Chuck Liddell. From then on (well, at least until my divorce a few years ago,) I watched every single pay-per view. I can't think of a single championship match in this weight class that sucked, besides an accidental eye poke to Couture from Vitor Belfort. These guys come to fight.

They're the best fighters. Ain't no middleweight gonna come up and win a title and no Heavyweight will, either. In fact, Couture went up to win the Heavyweight title (admittedly, he was the former Heavyweight Champion, but that was in the stone ages) and Jones could probably do the same. There's room for debate, sure...maybe I'm wrong. I tell you what I'm certain of, though: if you took the top 10 or 20 from both weight classes and locked them in an arena and set the weight classes to war against eachother, the almost-as-large-but-supremely athletically superior-205ers would kill every damn one of those Heavyweights. I guarantee that.

These guys aren't midget fighters that outpoint eachother. They aren't slow giants that gas out after a round either. The top fighters at Light Heavyweight are the pinnacle of the sport; they embody what it means to be a fighter.

That's why, whoever it is at the time, the Light Heavyweight Champion has always been the biggest star in the UFC.

You know you guys agree, though. Think about this, compare the champions we've had in the last five or six years in the other weight classes to the ones we've had at Light Heavyweight. Now, everyone who wins a championship in the UFC is game, but when we're thinking the best of the best,, the most credible mixed martial artists in the world and someone who us fans want as the face of our beloved sport, do fighters like Tim Sylvia, Sean Sherk, Brock Lesnar or Ben Henderson really do it for you? And does anyone even really care about the midget weight classes? (I can't bring myself to list any of those champions alongside a legend like Tim Sylvia.)

The 205 weight class is where the superstars are, there's no question about that. It's where they've always been, too. It's always been the most competitive weight class, too; no shortage of competitors.

lmao Jones has had one competitive fight, it's the furthest from competitive, Hendo was ranked nearly in the Top 5 and look how badly he got manhandled, and same with Davis against Johnson. There's a big talent gap in the division, one of the least competitive

Wait a second, Rashad gave Jones one hell of a fight. And Glover was outmatched, but he was still game and stayed 'til the final bell.

Let's put aside how unbeatable it seems that Jones is for a moment. He's the rightful champion, so it seems logical that he's going to be the best guy. We're just not used to things in life working out as it should, so this whole thing throws us for a loop. Jones is like Silva used to be, in that he makes great fighters look bad.

But the fighters at 205 are still the greatest fighters in the UFC. The title shots in this division have always mattered. It didn't make a difference whether it was Couture, Liddell or Jones, the boss of that division has always been the king of the sport. This is the weight class that really showcases what MMA should be. These men are the size and shape that most men want to be. If you were in a bar fight and you wanted someone to back you up, you wouldn't want choose Jose Aldo over Alexander Gustaffson.

You wanna' see real men fight? You wanna' see the fights that matter? The fighters at 205 are the one to watch.

*note: I have no idea why I'm writing any of this or what my motive is.

Wait a second, Rashad gave Jones one hell of a fight. And Glover was outmatched, but he was still game and stayed 'til the final bell.

Let's put aside how unbeatable it seems that Jones is for a moment. He's the rightful champion, so it seems logical that he's going to be the best guy. We're just not used to things in life working out as it should, so this whole thing throws us for a loop. Jones is like Silva used to be, in that he makes great fighters look bad.

But the fighters at 205 are still the greatest fighters in the UFC. The title shots in this division have always mattered. It didn't make a difference whether it was Couture, Liddell or Jones, the boss of that division has always been the king of the sport. This is the weight class that really showcases what MMA should be. These men are the size and shape that most men want to be. If you were in a bar fight and you wanted someone to back you up, you wouldn't want choose Jose Aldo over Alexander Gustaffson.

You wanna' see real men fight? You wanna' see the fights that matter? The fighters at 205 are the one to watch.

*note: I have no idea why I'm writing any of this or what my motive is.

Even if you were right, it's still not the only weight class that matters. I think it is historically the best division, but all of today's divisions are pretty good.

Apparently you don't watch MMA. That's the second worst weight class, right behind women's bantamweight.

The best weight class is featherweight

How would you guys pronounce it? Goatse Goatdo Gr

Aldo is a can.

^who the **** is this butthurt retard

My guess would be wedo on an alt account.

Guess again :-q

You're still a prime suspect, because you are the angriest at me right now. You have the motive and opportunity.

So after accusing you and berating you of all your alts, you think in going to make an alt?

You paranoid much?

Yes, I do think you would make an alt. You are retarded and butt hurt, so it makes perfect sense.

170 had some big stars, hell gsp was the ufcs biggest draw and hes ww, so is nick and lawler matt brown, hughes, penn fought at 170, damian maia and lombard. The ww division is way more stacked than 205 and has had many high ppv draws

at 205 currently you have jon jones, gus and rashad

Wedo, go make some more ****ty photoshopped images and STFU

DoctorObviously >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wetard

Too bad you cant blockme on here like you did on xbox huh? Sooooo butthurt you got beat up

Welterweight is the best Weight Class

The Immortal, Lawler, The Natural Born GOAT, Dong, Erick Silva, Woodley......endless GOATS

You forgot to mention this man.......

th?id=HN.607996536996433477&pid=15.1&P=0

That isn't a Welterweight

Yeah you can ignore me, but it just shows everyone how much of a bish really are.

Pastey can go eat a **** just like his momma taught him

The Immortal, Lawler, The Natural Born GOAT, Dong, Erick Silva, Woodley......endless GOATS

I see what your doing. Your trying to claim that he's not a WW so he doesn't bury Matt Brown. Well its not going to work.

I see what your doing. Your trying to claim that he's not a WW so he doesn't bury Matt Brown. Well its not going to work.

Lol he's too preoccupied with conserving energy for 5 rounds and making weight to train for a BEAST like Matt Brown.

Lawler is a tougher fight than Hendricks.

Lol he's too preoccupied with conserving energy for 5 rounds and making weight to train for a BEAST like Matt Brown.

If he fights the Bearded God, its not going five rounds. Hendricks will put him to sleep in the first.

If he fights the Bearded God, its not going five rounds. Hendricks will put him to sleep in the first.

LOL

it's been proven that 5 round hendricks is a point fighter who is afraid of gassing like aldo

Archived